Ratings for Dr. Therese Chua

Dr. Chua was not my regular GP at this clinic. I had been hoping for an improvement in the over all mindset of the clinic but instead I made the decision to find health care else where when she put more time and interest into my signature than making a referral to a compatible psychiatrist. I endured this clinic for some twenty years. With the exception of the over-bearing blonde in the reception area they seem to have a problem retaining staff. Perhaps employees with an average level of decency and compassion move on because of the high condescending attitude that is so prevalent.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

Love Dr Chua. She is amazing with our son, she has seen him for the past 4 years since he was born.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I'm very pleased with Dr. Chua. Aside from being very knowledgeable, she's very kind a respectful and seems generally concerned for my well being. Previous doctors i've encountered elsewhere seem to be in in hurry and dismissive towards some of the minor issues I've brought up. Her staff seemed very organize and prompt. Thanks Therese :)

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

took over a week for her staff to call me back, in regards to appointment.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

Rude reception staff(Michelle). Arrived for my booked appt.15 mins. early only to wait another 45 mins. before seeing her. Once I did get to see her, seems she rushes you out of there. Not very concerned with your health issues, just wants to give you more pills. I had a mole on my back & it was very uncomfortable so I asked Dr. Chua if she could remove it, she said no, & she recommended a specialist to see if it was cancerous and he could remove it. I waited over 6 months for this specialist appt. only to be told it was not cancerous & yes he could remove it for $300. Who has $300 to do this? I did not & why couldn't Chua remove the mole in her office as other dr's do? You WOULD THINK the DR. would have known this before sending me. She just brushed it off. I called the office to ask if the Dr. could call me, & again Michelle was very rude. When Dr. did call back 1 week later she had attitude and accused me of being ****! Which I firmly denied. WHERE ARE ALL THE GOOD DOCTORS GONE??

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

Dr. Chua has been very helpful with any concerns on every visit, she is very personable and displays a genuine interest in her patients (health, family, work...) She was also able to accurately diagnose a fairly non obvious condition, Thoracit Outlet Syndrome. I had neck, shoulder, pectoral pain and muscle spasms and numbness in my fingers. She quickly thought it was possible that it was TOS and proceeded to investigate from the simplest tests to the more specialized. Neck X ray to nerve conductivity to CT Angio to finally confirm the initial hunch. All other professionals were quick to dismiss the problem as a pinched nerve in the neck but she took the time to consider other possibilities and we ultimately successful in the treatment of my symptoms!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

Excellent doctor on levels. Not a 'cathy chatty" but still communicates effectively. Wish she worked more hours.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

One of there receptionist was rude. There's time I have to wait for a while for her. She wasn't helpful with the diagnose. She just want the appt to go fast cuz she got other healthcare(patient) to charge. If you have any concern about a problem that hasn't gone away 3 yrs now. She would say it's all in your head and hears more medicine. Rely on results from other but does not look into more ways to solve theproblem. I'll never go back.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

Our family's favourite doctor in the clinic she works out of. Gives me, and my knowledge, the respect I, as a patient, deserve.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

Love her. I find her extremely thorough! Sore knee - right to x-ray, then to MRI (other Dr.'s kept giving me exercises/braces, but never looked for problem. Tendonitis in wrist - sent me to specialist to check into cortizone shots - non of the - "rest and put ice on it...". She saved my dad's life. Other Dr.'s kept giving him stomach acid medicine, useless Barium tests. She went right to colonoscopy and MRI. He had a large cancerous polyp in bowel. Removed and cancer free for over 2 years. Thank goodness we switched to her. My husband had hemroids - other Dr. gave cream and cool compresses. Same week he went and saw her - b/c he couldn't sit, and she actually physically went to neighbouring surgeon down hall, consulted and actually removed the "thrombosis" - never heard of that one before in a family clinic!!!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2008