You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Dena Bloomenthal

2nd baby with Dena and ahe is absolutely amazing! Down to earth, friendly and so caring. Her office staff are all so helpful and accommodating, truly a dream team.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

She is an amazing knowledgable doctor who addressed our concerns all while at the same time having a hilarious wacky sense of humour. SHE IS THE BEST! You can't go wrong with her.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

I was very lucy to have Dena as my ob. After dealing with infertility, and then getting pregnant via ivf with twins, I was referred to Dena. She has such a personable demeanour and is very warm. It is like you are around an old friend. She also is very funny. I unfortunately lost one of the twins in y second trimester and she was so supportive. I was so afraid of losing my other baby too and she made all the effort to fit me in for ultrasounds and to explain to me that I would most likely be having a healthy baby. She is really the best !!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

I had a very high risk pregnancy after having a stillborn baby the year before with a different doctor. The first time I met Dena she was very compassionate about our loss and asked how I was doing emotionally. She asked what we named our son who passed away on that first day and remembered his name 8 months later! Dena doesn't miss a thing, she is on top of her game! In the past we always had to remind the doctor about our situation but with Dena we never had to, she remembered EVERYTHING including specific numbers from my other pregnancy which she wasn't even there for! Dena is the CERCLAGE QUEEN! I even got complimented by the ultrasound technician at my 20 week ultrasound.. 'Nice stitch! Is this Dena's work?' I was really disappointed that I had to have a csection but Dena made it very calm (I instantly am calm when I see her and talk to her!) and she held me during the spinal and we both had an emotional moment because my husband and I were finally getting a baby after years of trying, a huge loss and complicated pregnancy. We are so lucky to be able to have had her take care of my pregnancy. My daughter is here today because of her! There is no one else that I would trust!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

I was recommended to Dena by my GP when pregnant with my twins. she was very friendly and informative during my appointments. She forgot the date that we planned as my absolute last day before induction, which was not a good start. Once I started crying (being 37 weeks, almost 38 weeks will do that to you...), she agreed to induce me. I had the date written in my agenda for like 2 months and my bags packed in the car. I was not impressed. Then, my MAJOR disappointment was during my delivery, when I saw her only twice during 12 hrs of labour. Her intern was the one checking me -- Dena came in once at the beginning to say hi and then once when a baby's heart beat wasn't showing. Other than that, it was always her intern. Then, Dena's shift ended a few minutes after I got fully dialated. She LEFT. And didn't even say goodbye; she sent the intern to tell me they were off. She left and they were born 10 mins later. A Doctor delivered them wearing shiny gym shorts because he hadn't even changed yet... His shift had literally just started. Then, she was on again the next night and didn't even come say hi. I was crushed. I felt completely abandoned at a very stressful, emotional time. Never before have I felt like such a number in the medical system; completely dehumanizing.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Dr. Bloomenthal is the best doctor ever! Not only is her bedside manner professional and worry-relieving. She manages to make scary procedures fun and painless. Would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone looking for doctor that specializes in female reproductive health.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

Onto baby number two and am so happy that we'll have Dena again. She is easy going and puts your mind at ease. Wish I could see her sooner than 15 weeks but I guess one has to wait for all things good!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I first saw Dr. Dena through the BC woman's pregnancy loss clinic shortly after the stillbirth of my first baby. She was kind, caring and positive that I would have another chance. A year later she successfully delivered our healthy baby and I couldn't rate her high enough. From the support to the knowledge and advice her relaxed, professional and caring manner made all the difference to this pregnancy being a positive and easygoing experience. She is awesome!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

I can just say that dr bloomenthal is the best doctor I have ever met. she is so organized, her one look usually ease off all our worries, I had lots of problems with my pregnancy, she was just like a all time support. love love love and lots of love for her. god bless her. everytime she accommodated me. her staff is so cooperating, loving. I love lynn, she is also super cool lady.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

Dr. Dena Bloomenthal's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "2nd baby with Dena and ahe is absolutely amazing! Down to earth, friendly and so caring. Her office staff are all so helpful and accommodating, truly a dream ..."

May 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She is an amazing knowledgable doctor who addressed our concerns all while at the same time having a hilarious wacky sense of humour. SHE IS THE BEST! You can't..."

May 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was very lucy to have Dena as my ob. After dealing with infertility, and then getting pregnant via ivf with twins, I was referred to Dena. She has such a pers..."

April 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a very high risk pregnancy after having a stillborn baby the year before with a different doctor. The first time I met Dena she was very compassionate abo..."

March 22, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I was recommended to Dena by my GP when pregnant with my twins. she was very friendly and informative during my appointments. She forgot the date that we planne..."

March 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bloomenthal is the best doctor ever! Not only is her bedside manner professional and worry-relieving. She manages to make scary procedures fun and painless...."

February 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr dena bloomethal is the best I have her taken care of me throughout my 3 children's birth , she is always positive and truthful 😘😘😘"

February 14, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Onto baby number two and am so happy that we'll have Dena again. She is easy going and puts your mind at ease. Wish I could see her sooner than 15 weeks but I g..."

January 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I first saw Dr. Dena through the BC woman's pregnancy loss clinic shortly after the stillbirth of my first baby. She was kind, caring and positive that I would..."

September 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can just say that dr bloomenthal is the best doctor I have ever met. she is so organized, her one look usually ease off all our worries, I had lots of problem..."

July 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I feel really lucky to have had Dr. Bloomenthal perform my second C section. Her attitude and jokes made me feel at ease and the incision is straight and much ..."

July 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She safely gave me 2 children when no one else could. I nearly named a kid after her. "

July 18, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I met Dr. Bloomenthal at the early pregnancy assessment clinic at Women's hospital when my first pregnancy was confirmed to have miscarried. I found her to be ..."

July 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a very successful VBAC too! No drugs or anything. My little guy turned late in my pregnancy and we discovered just as I was about to birth at home. Thank ..."

June 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a successful VBAC thanks to Dr. Bloomenthal. My midwives discovered close to 40 weeks that my baby was breech. BC women's has a waiting list for ECVs and ..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Seriously first class all the way. She is absolutely amazing. Both of our children were C section which she performed and we feel so lucky to have been in her h..."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Love love love Dena Bloomenthal...best OBYGN in Vancouver hands down. She has been amazing through both my pregnancies. And her assistant Lynn is so sweet and c..."

March 24, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr bloomenthal great when you see her. It was hard to get snd initial appt but when you meet hersshe is amazing"

February 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am Dr. Bloomenthal's current patient. I am extremely happy with the care I received from her. I met her first time at the Early Pregnancy Assessment Clinic , ..."

February 2, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "10 years ago my wife had an issue at the early part of her pregnancy that we had Dr. Bloomenthal consult with us at Women's and Children's. At that time the..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She is absolutely wonderful! I had Thomas, my first and only, at 41. She was so ready to answer my questions, of which I had many, and she always answered with ..."

January 10, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "We loved dena! She was our doc for all 4 of our kids and when things got scary, she was there to help us through it. Wonderful! Can't say enough! She is sim..."

January 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bloomenthal was my OB during my pregnancy and also happened to be on rotation when my twins were delivered via emergency C-section. During my prenatal care..."

December 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bloomenthal delivered my twins in 2013. Of all doctors I have ever had she is THE BEST hands down! Sweet, caring and funny..she was a pleasure to have my a..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been with Dena since the beginning of my pregnancy (which is also my first pregnancy), and she is amazing! Her down to earth nature makes you feel as ea..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dena when I was already 6 months pregnant. My first doctor whom I had was the most uncaring, awful doctor I've ever had. I did some research and f..."

October 1, 2014