Ratings for Dr. Dena Bloomenthal

Dena is a true inspiration and the best OBGYN that I have dealt with, ever. After having gone through 2 second trimester losses I was referred to her through the pregnancy loss clinic at BC women's hospital. She has been a huge source of support, both mentally and emotionally - after meeting her I unfortunately had another loss which she helped me through as well. I am happy to say I am now 31 weeks pregnant and will be forever grateful to her for her knowledge, kindness and the care she has given me.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Dr. Bloomenthal rocks! She’s very knowledgeable and well experienced. She’s very caring and her sense of humour is a delight. She walked me through the decision to have a VBAC or repeat C-section and was supportive either way. She gave me the facts and stats which helped me decide what was best for me. During each appointment she checked on my baby with her ultrasound machine – a very nice plus! In the delivery room she was clam, supportive and caring. I couldn’t have asked for a better OBGYN and fully recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

2nd baby with Dena and ahe is absolutely amazing! Down to earth, friendly and so caring. Her office staff are all so helpful and accommodating, truly a dream team.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

She is an amazing knowledgable doctor who addressed our concerns all while at the same time having a hilarious wacky sense of humour. SHE IS THE BEST! You can't go wrong with her.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

I was very lucy to have Dena as my ob. After dealing with infertility, and then getting pregnant via ivf with twins, I was referred to Dena. She has such a personable demeanour and is very warm. It is like you are around an old friend. She also is very funny. I unfortunately lost one of the twins in y second trimester and she was so supportive. I was so afraid of losing my other baby too and she made all the effort to fit me in for ultrasounds and to explain to me that I would most likely be having a healthy baby. She is really the best !!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

I had a very high risk pregnancy after having a stillborn baby the year before with a different doctor. The first time I met Dena she was very compassionate about our loss and asked how I was doing emotionally. She asked what we named our son who passed away on that first day and remembered his name 8 months later! Dena doesn't miss a thing, she is on top of her game! In the past we always had to remind the doctor about our situation but with Dena we never had to, she remembered EVERYTHING including specific numbers from my other pregnancy which she wasn't even there for! Dena is the CERCLAGE QUEEN! I even got complimented by the ultrasound technician at my 20 week ultrasound.. 'Nice stitch! Is this Dena's work?' I was really disappointed that I had to have a csection but Dena made it very calm (I instantly am calm when I see her and talk to her!) and she held me during the spinal and we both had an emotional moment because my husband and I were finally getting a baby after years of trying, a huge loss and complicated pregnancy. We are so lucky to be able to have had her take care of my pregnancy. My daughter is here today because of her! There is no one else that I would trust!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

I was recommended to Dena by my GP when pregnant with my twins. she was very friendly and informative during my appointments. She forgot the date that we planned as my absolute last day before induction, which was not a good start. Once I started crying (being 37 weeks, almost 38 weeks will do that to you...), she agreed to induce me. I had the date written in my agenda for like 2 months and my bags packed in the car. I was not impressed. Then, my MAJOR disappointment was during my delivery, when I saw her only twice during 12 hrs of labour. Her intern was the one checking me -- Dena came in once at the beginning to say hi and then once when a baby's heart beat wasn't showing. Other than that, it was always her intern. Then, Dena's shift ended a few minutes after I got fully dialated. She LEFT. And didn't even say goodbye; she sent the intern to tell me they were off. She left and they were born 10 mins later. A Doctor delivered them wearing shiny gym shorts because he hadn't even changed yet... His shift had literally just started. Then, she was on again the next night and didn't even come say hi. I was crushed. I felt completely abandoned at a very stressful, emotional time. Never before have I felt like such a number in the medical system; completely dehumanizing.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Dr. Bloomenthal is the best doctor ever! Not only is her bedside manner professional and worry-relieving. She manages to make scary procedures fun and painless. Would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone looking for doctor that specializes in female reproductive health.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

Dr dena bloomethal is the best I have her taken care of me throughout my 3 children's birth , she is always positive and truthful 😘😘😘

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

Onto baby number two and am so happy that we'll have Dena again. She is easy going and puts your mind at ease. Wish I could see her sooner than 15 weeks but I guess one has to wait for all things good!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016