You may also like

Onto baby number two and am so happy that we'll have Dena again. She is easy going and puts your mind at ease. Wish I could see her sooner than 15 weeks but I guess one has to wait for all things good!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I first saw Dr. Dena through the BC woman's pregnancy loss clinic shortly after the stillbirth of my first baby. She was kind, caring and positive that I would have another chance. A year later she successfully delivered our healthy baby and I couldn't rate her high enough. From the support to the knowledge and advice her relaxed, professional and caring manner made all the difference to this pregnancy being a positive and easygoing experience. She is awesome!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

I can just say that dr bloomenthal is the best doctor I have ever met. she is so organized, her one look usually ease off all our worries, I had lots of problems with my pregnancy, she was just like a all time support. love love love and lots of love for her. god bless her. everytime she accommodated me. her staff is so cooperating, loving. I love lynn, she is also super cool lady.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

I feel really lucky to have had Dr. Bloomenthal perform my second C section. Her attitude and jokes made me feel at ease and the incision is straight and much better looking than the previous. She basically cleaned up the mess that was left from m previous emergency c section. Anyhow, she is the best for sure!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I met Dr. Bloomenthal at the early pregnancy assessment clinic at Women's hospital when my first pregnancy was confirmed to have miscarried. I found her to be cold, unemotional and hurried - a little bit of compassion would have helped me immensely through such a heartbreaking experience.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I had a very successful VBAC too! No drugs or anything. My little guy turned late in my pregnancy and we discovered just as I was about to birth at home. Thank you Dr. Bloomenthal! I was so happy with my birth and was just asked to write the story. I am so grateful for everything you did.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I had a successful VBAC thanks to Dr. Bloomenthal. My midwives discovered close to 40 weeks that my baby was breech. BC women's has a waiting list for ECVs and I was nowhere near the top since my care providers found out so close to my due date. One doctor I met with (not a BC women's Dr) said he could schedule a cesarian for me but didn't want to attempt an ECV at that point. I was starting to panic. I really didn't want another cesarian and I really didn't want to deliver breech. She was the only doctor that would try an ECV. I was told by other doctors that the success rate was low because of the size of my baby and the lack of room there was for the baby to turn (I have a short torso). But Dr. Bloomenthal gave it a shot. Even I was having my doubts about my baby turning at 40 weeks but she put everything she had into it and made it happen!! I should add: drug free and on my due date. Because of her I was able to deliver my baby vaginally a few days later. It was important to me because it took me 8 weeks to heal from my cesarean and this time I had a newborn and a four year old to take care of. I am eternally grateful to her for getting my baby into the right position. She even did a fist pump at the end which was kind of awesome. Thank you Dr Bloomenthal!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Seriously first class all the way. She is absolutely amazing. Both of our children were C section which she performed and we feel so lucky to have been in her hands. she made us feel so comfortable ever step of the way and her demenour throuout the process from start to finish was top notch. She's just a really good person and we feel so lucky to have had her. By the way, the people at her office are also first class. Lynn was amazing during both occasions. DR. Bloomenthal is the real deal, an amazing Doctor and person.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Love love love Dena Bloomenthal...best OBYGN in Vancouver hands down. She has been amazing through both my pregnancies. And her assistant Lynn is so sweet and caring.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Dr. Dena Bloomenthal's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Onto baby number two and am so happy that we'll have Dena again. She is easy going and puts your mind at ease. Wish I could see her sooner than 15 weeks but I g..."

January 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I first saw Dr. Dena through the BC woman's pregnancy loss clinic shortly after the stillbirth of my first baby. She was kind, caring and positive that I would..."

September 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I can just say that dr bloomenthal is the best doctor I have ever met. she is so organized, her one look usually ease off all our worries, I had lots of problem..."

July 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I feel really lucky to have had Dr. Bloomenthal perform my second C section. Her attitude and jokes made me feel at ease and the incision is straight and much ..."

July 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She safely gave me 2 children when no one else could. I nearly named a kid after her. "

July 18, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I met Dr. Bloomenthal at the early pregnancy assessment clinic at Women's hospital when my first pregnancy was confirmed to have miscarried. I found her to be ..."

July 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a very successful VBAC too! No drugs or anything. My little guy turned late in my pregnancy and we discovered just as I was about to birth at home. Thank ..."

June 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a successful VBAC thanks to Dr. Bloomenthal. My midwives discovered close to 40 weeks that my baby was breech. BC women's has a waiting list for ECVs and ..."

April 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Seriously first class all the way. She is absolutely amazing. Both of our children were C section which she performed and we feel so lucky to have been in her h..."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Love love love Dena Bloomenthal...best OBYGN in Vancouver hands down. She has been amazing through both my pregnancies. And her assistant Lynn is so sweet and c..."

March 24, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr bloomenthal great when you see her. It was hard to get snd initial appt but when you meet hersshe is amazing"

February 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am Dr. Bloomenthal's current patient. I am extremely happy with the care I received from her. I met her first time at the Early Pregnancy Assessment Clinic , ..."

February 2, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "10 years ago my wife had an issue at the early part of her pregnancy that we had Dr. Bloomenthal consult with us at Women's and Children's. At that time the..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She is absolutely wonderful! I had Thomas, my first and only, at 41. She was so ready to answer my questions, of which I had many, and she always answered with ..."

January 10, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "We loved dena! She was our doc for all 4 of our kids and when things got scary, she was there to help us through it. Wonderful! Can't say enough! She is sim..."

January 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bloomenthal was my OB during my pregnancy and also happened to be on rotation when my twins were delivered via emergency C-section. During my prenatal care..."

December 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Bloomenthal delivered my twins in 2013. Of all doctors I have ever had she is THE BEST hands down! Sweet, caring and funny..she was a pleasure to have my a..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been with Dena since the beginning of my pregnancy (which is also my first pregnancy), and she is amazing! Her down to earth nature makes you feel as ea..."

October 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dena when I was already 6 months pregnant. My first doctor whom I had was the most uncaring, awful doctor I've ever had. I did some research and f..."

October 1, 2014