Ratings for Dr. Mary T. Pentel

I have been going to Southside Dermatology for a very long time so I thought, after google reviews and a consult with a staff member that I would have a laser treatment to collapse a small area of spider veins in one of my legs. During the consult, the staff member stated that she could remove the veins with one treatment (costing $350 per treatment lasting 15 minutes). She did also tell me that sometimes, not often, the after affect could lead to browning in the treated area but that only happened with one patient of hers. I scheduled an appt. and had the treatment. The end result is that the treated veins are more pronounced (red) and I saw very little improvement of any of the veins collapsing. I showed my result to the staff member and she said in a very nonchalant and unconcerned manner that I would probably need 1-2 more treatments. I was extremely disappointed in her response as it sounded like she could care less. I am so grateful that I only let her do one leg (I wanted to see results first). Now I have to find someone to redo the treated veins as they are now very accentuated. It is an unfortunate situation as you just don't know who to trust. I don't mind spending money on a procedure but become very angry when 1) you are mislead at initial consult, 2) outcome makes situation way worse, and 3) provider doesn't care. I guess it is all about the money in the end.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

Eve been patients for years and have yet to meet Dr Pentel much less even see her face. Debbie is great but it would be nice to meet the provider our insurance is paying for. Also the rooms and restroom are super dusty.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

I have seen Dr. Pantel more than once. The first visit, she discussed different options and their pricing with me. I hadn't had botox in a few years. The fillers have come a long way since then. Dr. Pentel lifted the skin from under my eyes and erased the dark circle effect. The doctor has an artist talent and a graceful touch. For the second visit, I was scheduled for cosmetic work but needed a biopsy before proceeding. Dr. Pentel was very kind and compassionate and eased my worries. The office thoroughly explained billing before each procedure.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr. Pentel and staff exceeded my expectations. The doctor and her staff were prompt, courteous, and professional and took the time I needed to answer all my questions. I would not hesitate to refer family and friends to Dr. Pentel.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2011

I've used Dr. Pentel's office twice. The first time I had a keloid scar removed by Dr. Pentel. The procedure went well and Dr. Pentel was very nice. I have subsequently had very bad experiences with my visits. I only get to see the PA and she is aweful. I told her that I though I had Rosacea. Without even looking at my face she gave me a bunch of prescriptions for Rosacea. I don't even know if that is what I have. I feel as if she was just throwing medications at me with no expertise or individual service. To compound the lack of service; when I began to ask additional questions about body acne, her response was shocking. She said that she would only help one problem at a time and that I would have to schedule another appt for that. Overall, I think that Dr. Pentel is good, but you will never see her. Her current PA is THE WORST!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

Recently moved to Jacksonville. I went to Dr. Pentel's office for botox. I saw the PA. She was very nice but. . . their prices are steep! I'm 24 and in Orlando I got botox for $140 ($11/unit) at my plastic surgeon's office. Obviously I barely need any so when I got the bill of $260 I was flabbergasted!! I couldn't believe how expensive it was. This isn't LA or NYC. Their prices are outrageous. I will be looking for a different doctor for my cosmetic needs and that offers Jacksonville Florida prices and doesn't put too much botox in my face to pad their bank.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2010

The entire office is run poorly and I would advise everyone to steer clear. There are MUCH better docotors for this speciality then this office.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2009

It is hard to get to see the doctor. You usually have to see the PA. Both seem to always be in a hurry. I saw the PA for acne and she talked to me sitting 5 feet away for about 4 minutes. She never bothered to look at my face.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

Dr. Pentel is a lifesaver! She is so thorough and does not cut any corners. I never feel rushed at her office. I was diagnosed with skin cancer by her in 2006 and thought I had another area of concern. I called the office and they spoke with her. She asked if I could come to the office before they even opened the very next day. Once again, I had skin cancer again. She referred me to the best MOH's surgeon in Jacksonville and have barely any scars. (Dr. Scott Warren) He is highly recommended also.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Mary T. Pentel's Credentials

• Pa State Univ Coll Of Med, Hershey Pa 17033 (Grad. 1994)