Ratings for Dr. Stanton L. Longenecker

The day after my total hip replacement surgery, which apparently went a lot worse than he expected because I lost a lot of blood, Dr. Longenecker came into my room and told me that it was my choice to have the surgery, and it was my decision to have the anterior approach. He told me this in a manner that almost suggested he was building a legal defense. After several months, I'm still in in pain due to the strains he put on the muscles in my upper leg to install the mechanical hip. I saw Dr. Longenecker twice after I left the hospital. On the first occasion, he accused me of withholding knowledge of a blood disorder, which isn't true, and on the second he was quite condescending and nasty to me when I told him of my difficulties. I was left with the impression that because things did not go as he had planned, that the outcome was my fault, not his, and he had done everything he was ever going to do. Therefore, I would not, under any circumstances recommend Stanton Longenecker.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2013

Very knowledgeable, straightforward, and skilled. He made sure that I understood all of my options and what he was going to do during the surgery. The outcome was far better than I expected - I'm back to doing all of my activities, including running, pain-free. The surgery, which placed a metal plate for my patella to glide on, is a far better option than a total knee replacement for those who want to be active with no restrictions. He understands that his patients want to return to their activities and he does everything that he can to see to it that they can.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2011

Excellent bedside manner! Very detailed. Wait was long but he spent a lot of time with me and addressed all of my questions. Feel fortunate to be under his care.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

I could not walk and have been in a wheelchair since February of 2010. I had checked around for a Dr to replace my hip and all I heard was good things about Dr. Longenecker. He replaced my total left hip and if it were not for my knee hurting so bad I would be walking now. My pain is totaly gone from my hip and can't wait for him to do a total knee replacement on my left knee. If you want honest answers and no candy coating you will like him. He tells it like it is and is very direct, which I admire in a Dr. When he gets through with my left side then he will replace my right hip and knee. I have complete confidence in this man and his staff, which by the way are direct and to the point also. I have always been treated with respect and even wheeled back down to where my car is parked. St. Vincent's hospital is fortunate to have such a qualified dr on their staff. Also St. Vincent's hospital is the best in Jacksonville as far as I believe.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

Terrible bedside manner. Unprofessional. Accused us of having tests done on our own, when the doctor ordered them.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

Excellent doctor and staff. Very helpful in answering all questions. Great beside manner.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

Excellent technically. Wonderful personality. Could not ask for better - it does not exist. s/ an RN of 30+ yrs.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2010

He told me my knee was fine. Went for a second opinion had to get two surgeries.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2008

Dr. Stanton L. Longenecker's Credentials

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1976)