Ratings for Dr. Neil T. Shmunes

I have had problems with my eyes for a while and Dr. Shmunes and his staff knew exactly what was going on and fixed them. My eyes are doing great now, I always knew those street signs shouldn't just pop up like that at the last minute! Now I can actually see them in advance! I also want to say that he was always available for any questions; very professional; extremely knowledgeable; and very caring. He will always be the go to doctor for my eyes! .Love Dr. Shmunes, he's the best!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I had Lasik performed by Dr. Shmunes on 5/26/2017. I am beyond ecstatic with my results & my only regret is not finding Dr. Shmunes & his team sooner. The process, procedure, & all around care was wonderful. Everything was explained to me so that I knew just what to expect with no surprises. I have had glasses/contacts for the last 20 years. My vision went from a -6.0 in contacts prescription to 20/15 naturally!!! It is an incredible feeling to be able to wake up and see!! đź’™

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Neil Shmunes for many years. One word "EXCELLENT" especially in the field of Lasik Eye Surgery. He performed Lasik surgery on my eyes 4 years ago and I couldn't be happier. Haven't used reading glasses in 4 years. YEA!!!! Go team Shmunes....

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

I was referred to Neil over 16 years ago for cataracts that were progressing quickly. Neil performed the exams and operation and within days of each procedure I regained 20/15 vision in both eyes. I was examined thoroughly on March 21 2017 and still have 20/15 vision in one eye and 20/20 in the other. In my work as an architect I must be able to see well for long periods of time. I am very thankful that I went to Neil for my surgery and follow up since! I highly recommend him for any eye care!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

I was nervous about having LASIK performed, but I went for my free consultation and my mind was put at east by Dr. Shmunes. Highly recommend a free consultation if you are unsure about the procedure. I have great results, seeing 20/15.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Dr. Neil Shmunes is the best in the business! From top to bottom the doctors and staff at AEI are true professionals. Don't be fooled by going for a knock off special by a Lasik wholesaler. If you want someone to provide you with excellent care that is worth the money, this is where you need to go. This is the only place I would trust to handle something as important as my own vision. I am 1 year removed from the procedure and have had no issues whatsoever and am seeing 20/15. Don't overthink it, go to Atlantic Eye Institute and see Dr. Neil Shmunes!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

Love Dr Shmunes! So personable and knowledgeable. I knew my eyes were in good hands with him and his staff.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Dr. Schmunes , of Atlantic Eye Institute, is a physician of the highest caliber in his field. He is highly knowledgeable and extremely competent in diagnostics, surgery and preventative care. I have found him to be a thoughtful and gifted surgeon, exceptional in both evaluation and technical skills. He excels in differential diagnosis and medical knowledge. When surgical intervention is indicated, his knowledge of when and how to apply his surgical expertise is admirable. We have benefited greatly from his care and broad medical knowledge. He is very strong in his consideration of overall health status, even in connection with routine evaluations. In addition to these impressive professional abilities, Dr. Schmunes is a very personable and compassionate physician. He is excellent with patients of all ages. He is energetic and excited about keeping abreast not only in his field of specialty, but in medicine as a whole. My family and I are fortunate and blessed to be under his continuing care.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

Hands down the best patient quality and care given from the Atlantic eye institute. Dr Shmunes made sure I was a perfect candidate for lasik and took every precaution before allowing me to go through with it. Samantha was excellent and guided me through the procedure from day one. The surgery went well and the recovery was fast! I am so excited I never have to use glasses or contacts again! Dr Shmunes and his staff genuinely care about me and my results. I am so glad I decided to go with AEI and couldn't have asked for a better doctor! AEI is the best!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Dr. Shmunes broke down the procedure and made it simply for me to understand on my first visit which made it easy for me to choose Dr. Shmunes to do my Laisk. He made me feel that I was part of his family. I would recommend Dr. Shmunes to anyone that as me about having this done. Thanks Dr. Shmunes

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Dr. Neil T. Shmunes's Credentials

• Spanish

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1981)

Top Hospitals in Jacksonville Beach, FL