Ratings for Dr. T. Erling

Once told me I just had an infection and to go home and drink water, turns out my appendix had burst.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2019

Been my favourite Doctor since 1983 and he has always dealt promptly and very efficiently with my health issues these many, many years!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Erling must have his prescription pad in a goddam holster. I saw him in place of my regular doctor and had I known he had the compassion of a Jiffy Lube mechanic I would have waited for my MD. He dismissed my claims of illness, ignored my pleas to not get medication and wrote me a script for mirtazapine after a one-time, 15 minute appointment. Just another example of a lazy physician padding his wallet with pharmaceutical kick backs. Do yourself a favour, ask the check out boy at Sobeys what you should do about your health, chances are he'll be more attentive than this arrogant prick.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

I've gone to this office my whole life and more recently have been disappointed. One of the receptionists is very rude and has an awful tone with you. You always feel like you're bothering her. Although he is very knowledgeable, I find he doesn't take into consideration what I want. He isn't interested in exploring alternatives.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Dr. Erling has been my doctor for the past 25 plus years. He is always patient, informative and attentive. I trust him completely and feel that he has my best interest at heart. Some of the nurses are quite lovely but there is one is a little too abrupt. The lovely red haired receptionist is so wonderful. She has wonderful people skills and I enjoy when she answers the phone. Some of the other receptionists seem short with you and it is not a warm and welcoming feeling.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Dr. I J Erling is our family Dr. Since joining his practise I find him to be attentive, and ready to listen to any concerns I have. He will discuss symptoms, rule out issues that are not relevant, with sensitivity to my fears or time I have taken to learn about the issue. He is concerned about every patient's health but he does expect the patient to be involved in his/her health care. I find that he explores to find out what is at the bottom of every health concern. He stays on top of research which is difficult to do and will seeks out other opinions if he doesn't feel 100% certain in a course of action. I trust him with my life and he respects that.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

DR. ERLING IS GREAT FAMILY DOCTOR, HE HAS DOCTORED OUR FAMILY THROUGH LAST 25 YEARS,THROUGH THE GOOD AND BAD, IT WAS ME WHO HAD TO LEARN, TO COMMUNICATE,BE OPEN, AND TALK ABOUT MY SYMPTOMS,ONLY THEN CAN HE HELP YOU, ALWAYS THERE FOR MY FAMILY --NO PROBLEM.VERY GOOD DOCTOR AND I AM TRULY BLESSED TO HAVE HIM SERVE OUR FAMILY.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

Dr. Erling has not been helpful to me. He will try to refer me elsewhere whenever possible. He just doesn't seem to have the time for me. I have talked to others who also have him as a Dr. and they feel the same way about him.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

Dr. Erling was my doctor for many years. Unfortunatley we couldn't take him with us when we moved to BC. He has always taken the time to listen and do additional researh. A couple of years ago when I was having major health problems he made sure I got to see the specialists I needed to get to the bottom of the issues and make sure I had the proper treatment.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

takes forever to see him and he doesnt read the files. Had a hysterectomy years before and he sends out pap test requests

flag | Submitted April 18, 2010