Ratings for Dr. Jane Touchie

I and three generations of my family were properly cared for and treated by Jane Touchie who went out of her way to accommodate us and to accept us even when we were not scheduled for appointments. She is knowledgeable and focused with a strong understanding of what is serious and what is not. I have looked at some of the other assessments here and regret to say that I do not agree with any of the negative assessments: I go to a doctor to be professionally checked, diagnosed and to be told either that I need medicine, or that I need some diet/exercise changes or that we need some lab work, or that there is nothing to worry about... Jane however picked up the practice of a retired older doctor who treated my family before she did ... at his office we all had a nice long chat and friendly discussion, with plenty of anecdotes and stories about the old days. He misdiagnosed me when I caught a serious contagious disease resulting in weeks in quarantine, he misdiagnosed my mother as she developed heart trouble, and he misdiagnosed my father as he developed prostate problems. Jane was a breath of fresh air in comparison, and extended all of our lives as well as helping my children. I only found this page while looking up her number for a regular visit... if she comes a bit late, by me that's fine... I will wait to see this doctor, knowing the wait was worth it.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

Bad doctor, very dismissive of patient concerns. Seemed more interested in writing a script and sending you on your way than actually figuring out what was wrong with you. I go after ours for help

flag | Submitted June 9, 2011

I have to agree with a lot of the reviews here. I have been a patient for over 10 years and always feel rushed, she has been on time for maybe one appointment in 10 years. Also it seems that meds are always the first answer since she pretty much walks into the examining room with the prescription pad and pen in her hand asking what is wrong and ready to write. She can be very rude at times a seems to brush off any research for ailments I mention to her. VERY disappointed, walk in clinics are the best option!!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2011

I've never been to this doctor but I would warn others against seeing her if you care about your privacy. One of her staff members was fired from her previous job because she couldn't keep client's private information to herself. If you don't want the whole town knowing every personal detail about you and your family, I'd highly recommend finding another doctor. Dr. Touchie, check references next time.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010

Dr Touchie has been my family doctor for quite some time. If she isn't late, she isn't showing up. There has been many different stories of people waiting for her for a half an hour to only hear that she was unable to make it in the office. Her punctuality is horrible. She takes 5 weeks off when you really need your family doctor, and she only works mornings. I've had enough of this doctor and now only resort to clinics.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

I have had Dr. Touchie for 14 yrs. I have always liked her and have had no problems with her. She has always listened to me and did what she could to help medically. I have noticed lately however that she does try to rush out the door before you are finished talking, and she is late a lot of the time. I was having day surgery at the hospital and she was the doctor. She was an hour late. I think she has too many irons in the fire perhaps. Spending more time with her patients and being on time would be a huge plus for her, and maybe there would not be so many negative comments. She is a good doctor and knows what she is doing. Not every doctor is liked and people have too many things to say sometimes. Put yourself in their shoes and lets see how you handle the stress of the job. In my opinion I like her and she is only human. Doctors are very stressed out in this province due to the poorly structured health care. Think about this! Thank You.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2009

I have gone to this Dr. for way TOO LONG. She is ignorant, and does not want to hear a word come out of your mouth. She always says i am just said I was fine and pushes me out the door quicker than i could ever ask a question.. She will do anything to push you on another doctor, psyio, or chiro. Its stupid. She has no interest to do what she is doing, and plus, after a year of being sick I might get in to get some help. Someday it is going to be too late. Pick up the work Touchie, you're letting A LOT of people down.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

I have to agree that it is disapointing to visit this Dr. she is always rushing..I was there recently for all of 4 minutes..while she stood by the office door waiting to move on to her next patient..I feel that it is easier to go to the ER or a walkin clinic. I worry that we are not getting the care we need.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2009

Always a long wait - last visit I waited an hour and forty minutes. Receptionist calls to cancel appointments frequently and never reschedules or offers an alternate time. I worry my kids aren't getting the care they need. Dr seems to have lost all interest in practicing medicine. I usually go to a walk in.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

Good doctor, although it is hard to get an appointment. She is quick to refer when she feels a specialist is needed, moves quickly when urgent testing is needed, and not an alarmist. all things I appreciate in a doctor. She has good days and bad when it comes to personality, but she's only human.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009