Ratings for Dr. John Searwar

My experience with Dr. Searwar was the worst I have ever had, with any doctor. After having all four wisdom teeth removed, I started to experience dehydration and was referred to a clinic or ER by my dental surgeon on the weekend. Dr. Searwar hardly listened to me, was rude, tried to tell me to "chew on some biscuits and take gravol" (gravol I had already tried for a day, and who can chew crackers two days after having all wisdom teeth removed?). He then tried to force my mouth all of the way open to look, despite the fact it was swollen nearly shut. I felt unheard and belittled and nearly walked out of the exam room. What a jerk.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2010

I brought my daughter to this Dr in the clinic in Saskatoon. She was having a severe allergic reaction and had hives covering her body. He didn't even look at her, she told him her throat felt funny. He told her she had the flu and wrote her a prescription for antibiotics. Upon leaving I immediately took her to the hospital ER and they started her on an IV and oxygen. I truly feel this Dr put her life in jeopardy by his misdiagnosis, and I will be reporting him to the college of Physicians and Surgeons.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2009

Dr. Searwar has provided the best service for my ailing Mother that anyone could hope for. He has caught errors of other agencies and has always followed through with communication and appropriate follow-up. He speaks quietly, so listen carefully. He has always provided clarification when asked. He is very kind and respectful.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2008

Sometimes he helps. Very hard to understand

flag | Submitted April 28, 2007

Exceptionally good doctor. Listened to me, examined the problem, and rendered appropriate treatment. He really knows his stuff. Quiet-mannered, courteous, even offers medical facts that are helpful to know! I'd recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2007

Very good Doctor.Never feel rushed,will refer you on if needed and his follow up is super.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2006

Dr. Searwar takes the time and effort to ensure his patients are being followed by the referred specialists in a proper way. He always contacts patients when reports come in to him from those specialists which I find is very caring and thorough of his office. He keeps you abreast of what is happening.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2006