You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Pion Kao

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Both my sons have been going to Dr.Kao shortly after birth. I'm an over paranoid mom about my children's health but that Dr.Kao has never made me feel like I am. He always took his time to address my concerns. He's an amazing doctor! With all his many clients, he seems to still always be on top of my kids health issues. Have gotten many personal calls throughout the years for health related issues. He is a father and understands the anxieties that I face as a mother. Im very grateful to have Dr.Kao as my kids pediatrician. The front desk staff are slowly improving. They used to be worst way back then.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Impolite staff and long wait times.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Dr Kao is an amazing physician. Our kids have seen him for the past several years, and they love him too. Our daughter had a medical issue, and he was very helpful at helping us navigate through the maze of experts, including other physicians and medical professionals who were not always as easy to work with. Dr Kao always has a smile on his face, knows right away what advice to give us (and it's always helpful), and is open minded. We greatly appreciated his willingness to consider other points of view, and to respect that we as the parents make the decisions. We have found him a joy to work with, and recommend him highly! We have felt that our children were in very good hands with Dr Kao. His office staff are busy but friendly. We also like that he sees patients promptly at the appointment time. We have not had to wait very long to see him. We are now moving out of province, and are very sorry not to be able to have him as our kids' pediatrician any more. We'll miss him.He is superb!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013

My two sons see Dr. Kao. What can you say? He is an extremely likeable guy, who is kind with the kids and has provided good advice for us. He is busy, but if you need the time he takes it. We always leave with a solution. Unfortunately, the office waiting room is really uncomfortable, and staff are not friendly and no doubt overworked. But Dr. Kao is worth that hassle.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

We have been seeing Dr Kao for a few years. My daughter loves him and so do I. His admin staff are somewhat unfriendly and impersonal however more importantly we are there to see Dr Kao and have always been comforted by his professionalism.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2012

I waited 3 months to see Dr Kao. I believe a GOOD Dr should LISTEN FIRST, ASK QUESTIONS LATER. With Dr Kao it was the reverse and he spent the whole appt pacing the office lecturing me. I had a very difficult time distinguishing between Dr Kao's MEDICAL OPINION vs. PERSONAL OPINION. For example: He told me to stop breastfeeding at night and to put my son in a crib at 7 pm, close the door and not open it again until 7 am the next morning! Then informed me that he did this to his own son letting him cry 3 hr every night for 10 days before it "clicked"...um...no thank you. I found Dr Kao's advice to "let my son go hungry b/c he won't starve himself" be simplistic and downright insulting...as if that wasn't the very FIRST THING I TRIED..duh! How does Dr Kao think my son dropped 4 lbs in 6 months in the first place? Dr Kao would have known this had he bothered to look at my son's charts instead of telling me to put them back in my purse! WILL NOT GO BACK! THANKS!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011

Dr. Kao is (In my opinion) the best Pediatrician in Calgary. My daughter has been going there since she was a week old and is now 6yrs old. We were reffered there because my daughter has a heart problem. I trust his opinion before anyone else! He works very well with her cardiologist and other doctors.He is very knowledgable. I dont know what I would have done without him all these years!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

We have seen Dr. Kao every since our son was misdiagnosed by another Dr. Dr. Kao always sends me on my way with loads of info and always gives me step by step instructions. He has made me feel empowered about how to "read" my children when they are sick. He connects well with my boys and I just can't say enough about how lucky we are to have him as our pediatrician.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2010

LOVE HIM. Our daughter has Asthma and he has helped get this under control.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2008

Dr. Pion Kao's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor, was awesome with my son. I liked how he could answer any questions or concerns I had and took the time. I didn't feel like my son was a number "

March 30, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Both my sons have been going to Dr.Kao shortly after birth. I'm an over paranoid mom about my children's health but that Dr.Kao has never made me feel like I am..."

October 2, 2015