Ratings for Dr. William Oxner

Dr Oxner consulted with me, explained my options for back surgery, fuse 2 discs & perform a laminoplasty. During the examination he was very straight forward, had a sense of humour, we had a few chuckles. He performed the the laminoplasty . He met me the morning of the operation discussed, performed the surgery, released me as a day patient. We stayed athe Atlantica Hotel that nite, he called to check on my progress around 9:00pm. We then drove back to Sydney the next morning The numbness in my legs & back pain have been relieved. I now enjoy my hiking & trail walking & have resumed all daily functions. This operation took place 8 weeks ago. Thanks again to Dr Oxner & his staff, I think they're "Great".

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I had an appointment with Dr Oxner several years ago. I was and continue to battle weight issues, at the time that I seen him, I was diagnosed with Degeneritive Disc Disease after I had an accident years before. I was in excruaiting pain. When he came into the room, he looked at me and said, ``You are too fat, you need to lose weight, and smoking is not helping your back.` He then got up, said there was nothing he could do for me, I needed to take responsibility for my weight issues. Have never detested a Doctor so much, his bedside manner was terrible, he was degrading and in the letter he actually drafted to my Doctor, said that I understood that I needed to take responsibility and that it was my fault that I have that. I have deteriorated after this, my L4 and L5 are fused together, I have arthritis in my hips, my knees and one of my knees at some point may need to be replaced. I have suffered with Chronic Pain for 16 years now, and yes I quit smoking, and have lost weight but the issue with my back still remains. Worst Doctor I ever seen.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Exceptional - very professional and very good at what he does. Excellent role model for others in the medical field.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

I was introduced to Dr Oxner through my Neurosurgeon Dr Walling. I had a previous Neuro surgery in 2008 and then in 2015 required another Neuro surgery as well a spinal fusion. That is where Dr Oxner was introduced to me. In August of 2015 I had a surgery and Dr Oxner was my Orthopedic surgeon for the fusion part. He is a very good surgeon and made me feel perfectly good with every aspect of my surgery. He explained everything that was going to happen and made sure I was completely comfortable. He has a very good bedside manner and is a very polite doctor. Post surgery he made sure all my questions were answered and everything was good and I fully understood everything. He took the time to explain what was done and what he found when he was in there during surgery. I ended up having issues and he was very good for follow up and getting me in to see him. We watched my surgery site closely and ended up finding out my fusion didn't take. He worked very quickly to get me in for a redo of the fusion and took all precautions to ensure the redo would work. Lucky enough for me, this fusion took. Unfortunately, my body is playing nice and my fusion is causing tremendous pressure on my vertabre below the fusion causing that are to start to fracture and crush. I am now getting ready to go in for another surgery on my back to fix the new issues. Dr Oxner is an amazing surgeon and I would not have anyone else preform the surgeries I require, only Dr Oxner. He and his staff have great bedside manner and look after everything needed. They are all pleasent and very helpful. As crazy as it sounds, I am looking forward to my upcoming surgery as I am in great hands all the way around and look forward to becoming a little better off in the end. I would recommend this gentleman and his team with confidence. Thank you Dr Oxner you are amazing.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

I received surgery for a comminuted transverse fracture of the patella. There is no doubt his surgical skills are excellent. It has been the difficulty in dealing with pain and being told nothing was wrong without initially taking an x-Ray or tests suggested by my physiotherapist. I feel my healing is a slow process. I need to be able to work as I need to support myself financially.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

Straight to the point but very help;ful and knowledgable

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

I seen Dr Oxner first back in 2007! I was in sever pain, numbness in legs and feet could hardly walk due to this.. He was concerned but said he needed me to have an MRI first. Once he received my MRI he quickly got my into his office as my back was pretty sever!! He is an amazing outstanding Dr very helpful, understanding, knowledgeable friendly Dr. I would highly suggest anyone that needs to be seen by a back surgeon to go to this gentleman. Before my surgery I could hardly move I walked with a walker and a cane!! In the last couple of years I am walking without any assistance of course I still have some pain but with my condition it's to be expected and I will need more future surgeries and will ONLY go to him!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

In my perspective I rate him with zero stars due to the surgery on my spine, which caused paralysis of my right leg. This caused me to lose my home, my husband, almost my life due to a suicide attempt and my busy, happy life disappeared. I can no longer swim, go for walks, work in my church, I have a life of to many loses and too many nevers . He never explained anything to me also I received 6 units of blood which I was not aware of.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

I had a back operation 8 years ago. Dr. Oxner saw me many times before the procedure was done. I had 4 screws and two straps put in to stabilize it. Before the operation was done, I was spending more and more "down" time. My Activity level wasn't what it used to be....after my operation, following the instructions given to me, I have spent the last years very active and able to enjoy all the outdoor sports I once did.... Dr. Oxner was very caring and gave me all the information I needed to make a choice to have this operation and enjoy my life once again. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. A very talented surgeon !!!!!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2014

I feel compelled to write a comment to share my outstanding experience with Doctor Oxner. I first saw him in March and was diagnosed with a herniated disc and considered an ideal candidate for surgery. Having enjoyed good health my whole life, I was reluctant to go that route and wanted to approach healing in a holistic way. Dr. Oxner respected my need to pursue that option and said to see in again in a month. My appointment was confirmed for exactly a month later. We had the same conversation and although his recommendation was still surgery, he said continue on with you course of action and come back in a month. I did and by that time, I had come to the conclusion that surgery was the correct way to go. In each appointment Dr. Oxner was completely generous with his time and I felt that he genuinely was hearing me and working with my needs. I found him personable and sensitive to my situation. As for the surgery, I can say without any hesitation that my experience with Doc Oxner and the entire surgical team that day was exemplary. During that day, and outside the surgery,Doc Oxner saw me 3 times. Firstly before surgery while I was being admitted to see if I had any questions and addressed the normality of my anxiety. Secondly while in recovery and thirdly as I was being discharged. He shook my hand and said to be sure not to hesitate to contact his office if I ever have any issues pertaining to my back. I would highly recommend Dpctor Oxner, and while he might be my first experience with a surgeon, I certainly found him to be extremely thorough, personable with a sense of humor that gave me complete confidence.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014