You may also like

Ratings for Dr. William Oxner

I received surgery for a comminuted transverse fracture of the patella. There is no doubt his surgical skills are excellent. It has been the difficulty in dealing with pain and being told nothing was wrong without initially taking an x-Ray or tests suggested by my physiotherapist. I feel my healing is a slow process. I need to be able to work as I need to support myself financially.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

Straight to the point but very help;ful and knowledgable

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

I seen Dr Oxner first back in 2007! I was in sever pain, numbness in legs and feet could hardly walk due to this.. He was concerned but said he needed me to have an MRI first. Once he received my MRI he quickly got my into his office as my back was pretty sever!! He is an amazing outstanding Dr very helpful, understanding, knowledgeable friendly Dr. I would highly suggest anyone that needs to be seen by a back surgeon to go to this gentleman. Before my surgery I could hardly move I walked with a walker and a cane!! In the last couple of years I am walking without any assistance of course I still have some pain but with my condition it's to be expected and I will need more future surgeries and will ONLY go to him!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

In my perspective I rate him with zero stars due to the surgery on my spine, which caused paralysis of my right leg. This caused me to lose my home, my husband, almost my life due to a suicide attempt and my busy, happy life disappeared. I can no longer swim, go for walks, work in my church, I have a life of to many loses and too many nevers . He never explained anything to me also I received 6 units of blood which I was not aware of.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

I had a back operation 8 years ago. Dr. Oxner saw me many times before the procedure was done. I had 4 screws and two straps put in to stabilize it. Before the operation was done, I was spending more and more "down" time. My Activity level wasn't what it used to be....after my operation, following the instructions given to me, I have spent the last years very active and able to enjoy all the outdoor sports I once did.... Dr. Oxner was very caring and gave me all the information I needed to make a choice to have this operation and enjoy my life once again. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. A very talented surgeon !!!!!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2014

I feel compelled to write a comment to share my outstanding experience with Doctor Oxner. I first saw him in March and was diagnosed with a herniated disc and considered an ideal candidate for surgery. Having enjoyed good health my whole life, I was reluctant to go that route and wanted to approach healing in a holistic way. Dr. Oxner respected my need to pursue that option and said to see in again in a month. My appointment was confirmed for exactly a month later. We had the same conversation and although his recommendation was still surgery, he said continue on with you course of action and come back in a month. I did and by that time, I had come to the conclusion that surgery was the correct way to go. In each appointment Dr. Oxner was completely generous with his time and I felt that he genuinely was hearing me and working with my needs. I found him personable and sensitive to my situation. As for the surgery, I can say without any hesitation that my experience with Doc Oxner and the entire surgical team that day was exemplary. During that day, and outside the surgery,Doc Oxner saw me 3 times. Firstly before surgery while I was being admitted to see if I had any questions and addressed the normality of my anxiety. Secondly while in recovery and thirdly as I was being discharged. He shook my hand and said to be sure not to hesitate to contact his office if I ever have any issues pertaining to my back. I would highly recommend Dpctor Oxner, and while he might be my first experience with a surgeon, I certainly found him to be extremely thorough, personable with a sense of humor that gave me complete confidence.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

I give him no stars. I have been injured for quite sometime. He has done surgery on me and still not better. His bed side manor is horrible. After surgery I went back to see him in a ambulance and he told me it was nothing wrong with me until a large amount a fluid came out of back.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

I have to say, I came here to look at ratings for this doctor before going to see him and I was a little apprehensive. Some of the ratings made him sound a bit intimidating. However, I felt compelled to put up a rating after my experience for other people who may be coming here to look for some info on him. I have to say that Dr Oxner, spent all of the time he needed with me, he was very thorough, took time to talk through everything, examine me, and make some observations about my condition. He feels he is not the right specialist to treat me ( as he is a surgeon and I don't need surgery right now) so is referring me on, but he was attentive, knowledgeable, approachable, and easy to talk to , I found. He made me feel understood and taken seriously, and really I could have not asked for more. Thanks doc! Keep up the good work.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2013

I would not recommend Dr. Oxner as he did not want my medical history and only spent a few minutes with me. Did not get any answers from except things like I don't know. Have major back problems for years, seen many specialist and told of major problems with my back and he told me nothing wrong with my back.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

Dr Oxners people skills are as good as his medical skills andfrom my experience does care  a lot for his patient I consider myself lucky to have had him perform my surgery, I am now in the process of physio, pre surgery it was a strugle to perform simplest hygene tasks post surgery able to walk again and to care for myself and able to live life with didnity a simple thanks seams cheap for giving me my life back. So a million thanks greatful for ever!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2012

Dr. William Oxner's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I received surgery for a comminuted transverse fracture of the patella. There is no doubt his surgical skills are excellent. It has been the difficulty in deali..."

November 25, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Straight to the point but very help;ful and knowledgable"

October 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I seen Dr Oxner first back in 2007! I was in sever pain, numbness in legs and feet could hardly walk due to this.. He was concerned but said he needed me to hav..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "In my perspective I rate him with zero stars due to the surgery on my spine, which caused paralysis of my right leg. This caused me to lose my home, my husband,..."

December 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a back operation 8 years ago. Dr. Oxner saw me many times before the procedure was done. I had 4 screws and two straps put in to stabilize it. Before..."

December 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I feel compelled to write a comment to share my outstanding experience with Doctor Oxner. I first saw him in March and was diagnosed with a herniated disc and c..."

December 12, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I give him no stars. I have been injured for quite sometime. He has done surgery on me and still not better. His bed side manor is horrible. After surgery I wen..."

November 14, 2014