Ratings for Dr. William Oxner

I had a consult with Dr. Oxner yesterday on referral from emerg after blowing out my knee two weeks ago. He was very friendly and straight to the point. He was able to diagnose the problem within seconds and had a plan set up for me and had me out the door shortly after. Highly recommend Dr. Oxner to anyone needing orthopaedic care.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

This Dr always treated me like I was a nobody and basically said the pain I was in was in my head. Also, broke the screws off during the attempted extraction process which another doctor told me was due to them being over torqued during the initial surgery. My leg will never be the same which puts me in pain on a daily basis. Luckily I am able to deal with the pain without medication but it does affect my ability to work long hours which is not great in my line of work.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Nova Scotia is lucky to have a doctor of this quality.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

When I visited Dr. Oxner I could not walk without great pain in my back and and it radiated down my. Leg. Going from a very active lifestyle to one without any activity was difficult. After the operation I could stand up and walk without any pain. After 6 months I was able to resume my active lifestyle, playing gold and walking and jogging.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Rude and dismissive from the outset. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Dr Oxner consulted with me, explained my options for back surgery, fuse 2 discs & perform a laminoplasty. During the examination he was very straight forward, had a sense of humour, we had a few chuckles. He performed the the laminoplasty . He met me the morning of the operation discussed, performed the surgery, released me as a day patient. We stayed athe Atlantica Hotel that nite, he called to check on my progress around 9:00pm. We then drove back to Sydney the next morning The numbness in my legs & back pain have been relieved. I now enjoy my hiking & trail walking & have resumed all daily functions. This operation took place 8 weeks ago. Thanks again to Dr Oxner & his staff, I think they're "Great".

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

I had an appointment with Dr Oxner several years ago. I was and continue to battle weight issues, at the time that I seen him, I was diagnosed with Degeneritive Disc Disease after I had an accident years before. I was in excruaiting pain. When he came into the room, he looked at me and said, ``You are too fat, you need to lose weight, and smoking is not helping your back.` He then got up, said there was nothing he could do for me, I needed to take responsibility for my weight issues. Have never detested a Doctor so much, his bedside manner was terrible, he was degrading and in the letter he actually drafted to my Doctor, said that I understood that I needed to take responsibility and that it was my fault that I have that. I have deteriorated after this, my L4 and L5 are fused together, I have arthritis in my hips, my knees and one of my knees at some point may need to be replaced. I have suffered with Chronic Pain for 16 years now, and yes I quit smoking, and have lost weight but the issue with my back still remains. Worst Doctor I ever seen.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Exceptional - very professional and very good at what he does. Excellent role model for others in the medical field.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

I was introduced to Dr Oxner through my Neurosurgeon Dr Walling. I had a previous Neuro surgery in 2008 and then in 2015 required another Neuro surgery as well a spinal fusion. That is where Dr Oxner was introduced to me. In August of 2015 I had a surgery and Dr Oxner was my Orthopedic surgeon for the fusion part. He is a very good surgeon and made me feel perfectly good with every aspect of my surgery. He explained everything that was going to happen and made sure I was completely comfortable. He has a very good bedside manner and is a very polite doctor. Post surgery he made sure all my questions were answered and everything was good and I fully understood everything. He took the time to explain what was done and what he found when he was in there during surgery. I ended up having issues and he was very good for follow up and getting me in to see him. We watched my surgery site closely and ended up finding out my fusion didn't take. He worked very quickly to get me in for a redo of the fusion and took all precautions to ensure the redo would work. Lucky enough for me, this fusion took. Unfortunately, my body is playing nice and my fusion is causing tremendous pressure on my vertabre below the fusion causing that are to start to fracture and crush. I am now getting ready to go in for another surgery on my back to fix the new issues. Dr Oxner is an amazing surgeon and I would not have anyone else preform the surgeries I require, only Dr Oxner. He and his staff have great bedside manner and look after everything needed. They are all pleasent and very helpful. As crazy as it sounds, I am looking forward to my upcoming surgery as I am in great hands all the way around and look forward to becoming a little better off in the end. I would recommend this gentleman and his team with confidence. Thank you Dr Oxner you are amazing.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

I received surgery for a comminuted transverse fracture of the patella. There is no doubt his surgical skills are excellent. It has been the difficulty in dealing with pain and being told nothing was wrong without initially taking an x-Ray or tests suggested by my physiotherapist. I feel my healing is a slow process. I need to be able to work as I need to support myself financially.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015