Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Mark R. Shaya

Dr Shaya performed a three level ACDF on my husband two weeks ago. The whole experience was good. We were only in town for a couple of weeks and he made time to see us at the beginning and was able accommodate us, including surgery and recovery, we didn't even have to change our plans. His bedside manor is excellent! He is confident, without being arrogant, he took time with us, to go over records, MRI's, answered all our questions and was able to put us at ease in a stressful situation. I had been to Mayo Clinic, twice, but in my experience, would recommend Dr Shaya for a fusion above them. He is caring and compassionate and so was the hospital staff at Aventura Hospital.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

I went to Dr . Mark for Constant s headache I have a Arachnoid cyst regrowing and This man took the time to explain the first MRI to me . Then set up c t and MRI to double check and make sure something Wasn’t missed . Other Dr told my it was arthritis and Wanted to put needles in my neck . But Dr . Mark Was right on the money . I would recommend Dr Mark and his gracious Staff . And I’m looking forward to be rid of this cyst . S. Tomer, Fort Lauderdale

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

I was told I needed ALIF of lumbar drove over to Miami from Fort Myers to see Dr Shaya. This doctor may have saved me from a very big operation. Honest and straight forward well worth the drive Thanks Dr Shaya Mike

flag | Submitted July 19, 2018

Dr. Mark R. Shaya's response
There is a lot of unnecessary surgery being recommended especially in South Florida. I am glad that you came and if and when you are indeed ready, I suggest you do your spine procedure with a neurosurgeon and not an orthopedic surgeon.

Submitted July 22, 2018

Thank you Dr. Shaya for confirming my misdiagnosis from a local hospital ER, after being rushed in due to a cycling accident. After being told I had a "meningioma", I knew I had to find the best, even if you didn't take my insurance. Much appreciate your expertise. RM

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

This doctor is honestly brilliant. My many renowned doctors told me that his treatment wouldn’t work and that it could even be harmful to me. Dr Shaya argued and fought for me to have the treatment that many other doctors said would not work. I listened to Dr Shaya and had the treatment, the treatment WORKED ! This tells me that Dr Shaya is in a league far above the other doctors.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Had back surgery. Long recovery because it was 3 lumbars. Dr. Shaya is an excellent Dr. I highly recommend him. Very knowledgeable and very caring. Don't go to Aventura hospital though. I had a bad experience with the hospital, not Dr. Shaya, he is great. You can't get any better.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Dr. Mark R. Shaya's response
Thank you for your review. Hospital experiences are somewhat out of my control; however, Aventura is one of the better hospitals for surgery in Dade County and consistently ranks high in patient safety.

Submitted January 31, 2018

Excellent surgeon! The best at what he does. He explains things very clearly and is caring and has a true concern for his patients. Takes the time to answer all questions and is always available when you call with concerns etc. I would highly recommend him. Thank you Dr. Shaya, you are the best!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

I only trust Dr. Shaya with my care. He was highly recommended both by my general doctor and cardiologist so I knew he was the doc to see for my spinal stenosis problem.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Dr. Shaya is without a doubt one of the best doctors I've ever been to. His bedside manner is second to none. I had surgery on my L4 and L5 years ago. 4 years later - I re-ruptured it. He did not immediately jump on surgery this time and advised me to do physical therapy and traction and helped me work though it all and so far. No surgery yet. I've recommended several friends to him and not one person has come back with anything negative to say about him. Wish more surgeons were like him.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

My mom lives in Fort Myers and we traveled 2 hours over to Miami to be treated by Dr. Mark Shaya because this was the doctor we wanted to cure my mom of her pain from spinal stenosis! Let me just tell you he gave her, her life back. She woke up the very next day after a 2nd laminectomy performed 8 months later by Dr. Shaya and he fixed the problem immediately!!! So much for the first one performed by a different Dr. in N.Y. EPIC failure!!! Dr. Shaya and his amazing magical fingers worked his magic and he cured her of a bulging disc and nerve pain shooting down both legs. The very next day my mom was pain free in the legs and just normal soreness as a result of surgery. Before surgery I researched 4 doctors for her to see and Dr. Shaya was the second doctor and after visiting with him there was no reason to see anyone else!!!! He is so down to earth, calm and just knows his stuff. Amazing bedside manner just makes the patient feel safe and comfortable!! He explained exactly what needed to be done, recommended an amazing hospital-(North Shore Hospital of Miami) The Passionate Quality Care given by this hospital was amazing!!! From the time you walked through the door the staff was there to take care of all of your needs!! It was just a wonderful experience!!!!!! Not too many doctors can do that in Florida!! As a result of researching doctors in Fl. we learned you have to go with the doctor with the best patient reviews!!! I am happy to report that if you are a candidate with spinal stenosis or spine problems you can’t go wrong with this dual certified surgeon his office staff is amazing gets you in right away to take care of the problem. Dr Shaya and his staff are very prompt in their responses to their patients. I called the office at 6:20 am expecting to get the doctors service and to leave a message and the actual Dr. picked up to say “hello, how can I help you” at 6:20 a.m. it was amazing!!!!! I expressed my concern and he said he would see me later that morning because he had another surgery to perform!!! Two hours later he was in my mom’s hospital room to answer any questions that we had. This doctor was accessible by email and phone anytime during the day. This doctor is a master craftsmanship in his expertise what a GEM!!!! He is all about the care for the patient from the start to the finish!!! He’s not about the $$$$ his main concern is always the PATIENT and their well-being!!!!! My mom could not find a dr with these fine qualities in Fort Myers!!!! Clearly he is the “DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH”. You need to look no more-he is the answer to your problems!!!!!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Dr. Mark R. Shaya's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

www.DrShaya.com

• Spanish
  • French

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

• Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery