Ratings for Dr. Mark R. Shaya

Dr Shaya performed a three level ACDF on my husband two weeks ago. The whole experience was good. We were only in town for a couple of weeks and he made time to see us at the beginning and was able accommodate us, including surgery and recovery, we didn't even have to change our plans. His bedside manor is excellent! He is confident, without being arrogant, he took time with us, to go over records, MRI's, answered all our questions and was able to put us at ease in a stressful situation. I had been to Mayo Clinic, twice, but in my experience, would recommend Dr Shaya for a fusion above them. He is caring and compassionate and so was the hospital staff at Aventura Hospital.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

I had a headache every day for 10 months. I went to several doctors who said it was coming from my neck but had no cure for my problem. I went to Dr. Shaya with an MRI (which had been reviewed by other neuosurgeons) and within 5 minutes of my appointment he said my headaches were called Cervicogenic Headaches coming from Cervical Stenosis. He indicated that this could be repaired by surgery and the headaches would be gone. Surgery was scheduled for 2 weeks from first visit. I am now recuperating from surgery (No Headaches) and must say Dr. Shaya has given me hope for my future of returning to a normal, active life. He is an amazing doctor who doesn't rush the appointment and listens and really cares. He is an expert in his field. We live 3 hours from his office but am so thankful we found him. Gloria S.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

After many years of neck and back pain I researched and found DR Shaya. After looking at MRI he said I was in dire need of a ACDF on 2 levels. Surgery was set up quickly (in a week and a half) at Doctors Hospital. Surgery went great, hospital was great. After surgery I no longer had pain in my neck, shoulders, arms, and headaches were gone. Dr Shaya in my opinion is a godsend. He is straight to the point with no sugarcoating. I would highly recommend him to anyone with pain in back or neck.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Dr Shaya is an excellent surgeon. He operated me over a yr ago and I, thankfully, had no complications. I had 2 herniated disks which had to be removed and was in such severe pain I could not walk. He gave me my quality of life back!!! Would recommend him to anyone!!! Dr Shaya is the best and his staff is incredible!!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

I saw Dr. Shaya because I told my neurologist I wanted a second opinion from another neurosurgeon. The first neurosurgeon said everything was fine and sent me to pain management. Dr. Shaya was the second opinion. He ordered CT scans and Xrays which the first doctor did not. The CT scans clearly showed that a part of my lumbar fusion had failed and that was causing my pain.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

excelente neurocirujano,brillante de mucha experiencia en su trabajo

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Dr. Shaya's Exception skills to diagnosis, and repair my back issues was beyond belief. He is a excellent surgeon, helpful and kind caring person. He is old school and likes to take what ever time you need to explain the issues at hand. I would recommend him to anyone needing surgery!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

It's very rare to find a surgeon in Miami who is exceptionally skilled and equally compassionate and personable. There are not many doctors like him anymore. I was with lot of pain and bladder retention with risk of permanent neurological deficit when i meet Dr Shaya : I'm super happy I found him. I highly recommend Dr Shaya as a skilled surgeon! My surgery was an overwhelming success, with very little downtime. Not only were there NO COMPLICATIONS with the surgery, my recovery was uncomplicated and rapid, Dr Shaya staff is kind, helpful and most personable as well. Give them a try if you have spinal issues! and will never regret this decision Es muy raro encontrar a un cirujano en Miami que es excepcionalmente calificada e igualmente compasivos y agradable. No hay muchos médicos como él nunca más. Yo estaba con mucho dolor y sin poder orinar con riesgo de déficit neurológico permanente cuando me encuentro con el Dr. Shaya: Estoy súper feliz que me lo encontré. Recomiendo altamente Dr. Shaya como un cirujano experto! Mi cirugía fue un éxito rotundo, con muy poco tiempo de inactividad. No sólo estaban allí sin complicaciones con la cirugía, mi recuperación fue sencilla y rápida, el personal del Dr. Shaya es amable, servicial y muy agradable Pruébalo si tienes problemas de la columna vertebral! y nunca se arrepentirá de esta decisión

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Dr. Shaya truly loves his profession and his outstanding knowledge was evident within moments of our first meeting. His attention to detail and insistence on a no compromise level of care is also evident. The second thing I noticed in pre surgery and ICU is the respect and admiration of all the people that work with Dr. Shaya. I would credit this also the Aventura hospital culture which is excellent. I should be in a wheel chair but instead I am symptom free after a 6 hour surgery. I am truly blessed and thank God for professionals like Dr. Shaya and the Aventura hospital.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Dr. Mark R. Shaya's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

www.DrShaya.com

• Spanish
  • French

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "One Of the Best doctors you can find! He treated my back problem with cirgury without a glitch! "

April 27, 2016
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a headache every day for 10 months. I went to several doctors who said it was coming from my neck but had no cure for my problem. I went to Dr. Shaya..."

April 21, 2016
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After many years of neck and back pain I researched and found DR Shaya. After looking at MRI he said I was in dire need of a ACDF on 2 levels. Surgery was set u..."

March 30, 2016
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Shaya is an excellent surgeon. He operated me over a yr ago and I, thankfully, had no complications. I had 2 herniated disks which had to be removed and wa..."

March 29, 2016
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Shaya because I told my neurologist I wanted a second opinion from another neurosurgeon. The first neurosurgeon said everything was fine and sent me t..."

March 22, 2016
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "excelente neurocirujano,brillante de mucha experiencia en su trabajo"

February 17, 2016
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Shaya performed a three level ACDF on my husband two weeks ago. The whole experience was good. We were only in town for a couple of weeks and he made time to..."

February 9, 2016
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Shaya's Exception skills to diagnosis, and repair my back issues was beyond belief. He is a excellent surgeon, helpful and kind caring person. He is old sch..."

February 3, 2016
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It's very rare to find a surgeon in Miami who is exceptionally skilled and equally compassionate and personable. There are not many doctors like him anymore. I ..."

January 25, 2016
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Shaya truly loves his profession and his outstanding knowledge was evident within moments of our first meeting. His attention to detail and insistence on a ..."

November 24, 2015
    • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Doc gave me injections last month. Pain in my back is better. He stopped about three pills from other doc and I'm just on Tylenol. If I need surgery he's my guy..."

November 21, 2015
    • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "This Dr. is amazing!!! He puts his patients first. I had met with two other neurosurgeons before deciding that Dr. Shaya was the most capable of ALL the neuros..."

November 11, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had an incredible experience with Dr. Shaya and his team. He performed a microdiscectomy for a herniated disc Dr. Shaya’s reputation is impeccable and so I tr..."

November 4, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Talented surgeon. Improved my quality of life greatly. Timely. Great bedside manner. Caring staff. "

October 27, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Recently Dr Shaya performed surgery on my mother to remove a large meningioma that was affecting the back part of her brain. I had heard great things about Dr S..."

October 27, 2015
    • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "No doubt the best in town. Saw me daily after surgery, answers the office phone himself! I'm two months out from lower back surgery and seeing good results wee..."

October 20, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Shaya was wonderful. Surgery went great at Mercy Hospital. I'm pain free. Consultations and follow ups were easy to schedule and all my questions were answer..."

October 13, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I want to share my testimony about Dr Shaya with the Internet. Recently I researched spinal surgeons in the Miami area, and chose to see Dr Shaya regarding sev..."

October 8, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Was referred to Dr Shaya by a colleague. I had a lumbar surgery. Things couldn't have gone any better. Amazing results. Caring Doctor. Thank God I found Dr Shay..."

October 6, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "improved my quality of life exponentially! Thank you Dr. Shaya and staff. "

October 6, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Shaya did my neck two years ago and I'm seeing him for injections for my back. I cannot express how common sense he in dealing with my pain. His staff is great,..."

September 28, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The best doc snd staff, had surgery last month at Doctors Hospital. Cervical disc was corrected with plate. Headaches gone, arm pain gone. I am very satisfied"

September 23, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a lumbar surgery with Dr. Shaya and I am a Gulf War veteran. He was recommended to me by friends at Southcom in Miami. I cannot express enough how organiz..."

September 21, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had a neck surgery at Doctors Hospital. Dr. Shaya and his team we're exceptional. My headaches were coming from my neck as also was my arm and hand numbness. Th..."

September 8, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent! Couldn't be happier with my results. Thank you, Dr Shaya and staff!!"

September 1, 2015
    • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Staff was friendly and helpful but i wouldn't recommend Dr. Shaya. "

September 1, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had lumbar injections with the doctor last Friday. Pain is reduced significantly. I'm using an inversion table and getting another MRI in a month. Very please..."

August 31, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Talented and compassionate surgeon!! I was referred to Dr. Shaya. I was in a tremendous amount of pain prior and walking was even difficult for me. Post operati..."

August 30, 2015
    • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "by DingedUp on Aug 24th, 2015 Shaya performed revision spinal fusion on me in 2013. Shaya advised me post- op that surgery had gone well. Sent me for aggressiv..."

August 28, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had three herniated discs. I couldn't be standing up for more than five minutes. I felt awful. I went to Dr. Shaya, he made me the surgery. It is incredible, ..."

August 8, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband and I feel God lead us to Dr. Mark Shaya, after having severe pain in lower back and down right leg and 5 surgeries nothing got better. Pain in right..."

August 8, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very happy with my visit. Doc explained very well my condition and put me at ease. "

July 14, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Shaya from the onset of my first visit was very detailed and took the time to explain the procedure. He was there during per-surgery and post-surgery. His s..."

July 9, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After a CT scan revealed a bone spur on my cervical vertebrae was pushing into my spinal cord I was referred to the top neurosurgeon in my area. He ordered an ..."

July 7, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had cervical spine surgery last year and just completed lumbar surgery. Both were very successful and I am very grateful to have had the services of this exce..."

June 12, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent staff, organized office they were always available. Very happy and grateful. "

May 30, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Came for second opinion on disk in neck. Had the surgery 3 weeks ago, back at work. Arm pain gone, just some muscle tension. Very happy with result"

May 27, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a cervical laminectomy with Doctor Shaya last month. So far, I'm doing great. Very happy with the care and Aventura Hospital. "

May 11, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After visiting dozens of other doctors, no one was able to help me. I have a rare disease which made my case difficult and most doctors are afraid to address it..."

February 19, 2015
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Over the holidays I had a minimally invasive spinal fusion/discectomy for ruptured discs between C5/C6 and C6/C7 with Dr. Shaya. I had serious pain off and on..."

February 15, 2015
    • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Recovering here at University of Miami Hospital after lumbar surgery yesterday. Leg pain completely gone, pain from incision is controllable with meds. Nurses ..."

January 13, 2015
    • Website has been updated from "http://www.neurosurgicalinstitutefl.com" to "http://www.DrShaya.com". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "3053254873".

December 18, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent surgeon. Outstanding results."

December 14, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had acdf surgury in early Nov on c5-c7. I am 57 years old. My discs have been herniated for over 20 years. I have arthritis, spinal stenosis, bone spurs and m..."

December 12, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent staff. best opinion so far. I have cervical spondylitis."

November 29, 2014
    • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had back surgery for lumbar stenosis in May 2014. The results are amazing! Almost 5 months after surgery and I would say I am about 90% back to normal. Instan..."

September 26, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a 50 year old female with neck and back pain for well over 10 years, I had a lumbar fusion in 2005 in another state. Since moving to Miami I had to seek he..."

September 22, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Justiz surgery date September 3, 2014 I am very satisfied with my experience with Dr. Shaya. I was wheeled in to his office unable to walk. Dr. Shaya assessed m..."

September 22, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was very satisfied with my experience with Dr. Shaya. I had herniated discs, spinal stenosis, compressed nerves and a sacral cyst. I was having back pain, a..."

September 19, 2014
    • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I came to see Dr. Shaya after experiencing extreme numbness and tingling in my left left. Prior doctors treated it as a sciatica episode. After multiple injec..."

September 11, 2014
    • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=463533'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 1.0

February 13, 2014