Ratings for Dr. Mark R. Shaya

Dr Shaya performed a three level ACDF on my husband two weeks ago. The whole experience was good. We were only in town for a couple of weeks and he made time to see us at the beginning and was able accommodate us, including surgery and recovery, we didn't even have to change our plans. His bedside manor is excellent! He is confident, without being arrogant, he took time with us, to go over records, MRI's, answered all our questions and was able to put us at ease in a stressful situation. I had been to Mayo Clinic, twice, but in my experience, would recommend Dr Shaya for a fusion above them. He is caring and compassionate and so was the hospital staff at Aventura Hospital.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Dr. Shaya is the simply the best! For two years, I suffered severe low back pain with leg/foot burning. I could not walk without a cane, or hugging a wall, or holding on to a grocery cart; posture severely affected. Conservative treatment and physical therapy provided no relief. After a MRI review by a local orthopedist, I was told I urgently needed surgery. I read the excellent testimonials from his patients, some were retired and active duty military members. As a retired military officer, those testimonials sealed my decision---I called Dr. Shaya’s office and was scheduled for a next day appointment. From the time I entered his practice to the time I left the practice, the care and concern for me from him and his staff was efficient, reassuring and comforting. Dr. Shaya listened patiently to my complaint, then explained to me and my husband the issues concerning the severe degenerative disks using the MRI scans to show the problem areas, laid out treatment plan that involved surgery, and discussed the prognosis. He allayed my fears regarding surgery. L4-S1 disk fusion surgery with pedicle screws and rods was performed February 2015. Additional surgery was performed on the L1- L3 disks in February 2016. Throughout the recovery period, Dr. Shaya and his staff were always available to answer questions. I am happy to report that I am finally getting my active life back….walking with minimal discomfort and much improved posture! My quality of life is so much better thanks to Dr. Shaya. Finding Dr. Shaya was a godsend---he is an excellent neurosurgeon that I would and have recommended to anyone requiring services such as his! Thank you, Dr. Shaya! Sharon Abbott, Islamorada, Florida

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Dr. Shaya removed my second brain tumor. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. He is very attentive and the office staff is very professional. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Dr Shaya is an extremely competent and caring neurosurgeon! I was facing a difficult and extensive back surgery and had wonderful results! Dr Shaya would personally return calls and answer concerns! Amazing in this day and age! Great doctor!!!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Laser treatments on my lower back are helping. Great doctor, superb staff, and nice office.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

One Of the Best doctors you can find! He treated my back problem with cirgury without a glitch!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

I had a headache every day for 10 months. I went to several doctors who said it was coming from my neck but had no cure for my problem. I went to Dr. Shaya with an MRI (which had been reviewed by other neuosurgeons) and within 5 minutes of my appointment he said my headaches were called Cervicogenic Headaches coming from Cervical Stenosis. He indicated that this could be repaired by surgery and the headaches would be gone. Surgery was scheduled for 2 weeks from first visit. I am now recuperating from surgery (No Headaches) and must say Dr. Shaya has given me hope for my future of returning to a normal, active life. He is an amazing doctor who doesn't rush the appointment and listens and really cares. He is an expert in his field. We live 3 hours from his office but am so thankful we found him. Gloria S.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

After many years of neck and back pain I researched and found DR Shaya. After looking at MRI he said I was in dire need of a ACDF on 2 levels. Surgery was set up quickly (in a week and a half) at Doctors Hospital. Surgery went great, hospital was great. After surgery I no longer had pain in my neck, shoulders, arms, and headaches were gone. Dr Shaya in my opinion is a godsend. He is straight to the point with no sugarcoating. I would highly recommend him to anyone with pain in back or neck.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Dr Shaya is an excellent surgeon. He operated me over a yr ago and I, thankfully, had no complications. I had 2 herniated disks which had to be removed and was in such severe pain I could not walk. He gave me my quality of life back!!! Would recommend him to anyone!!! Dr Shaya is the best and his staff is incredible!!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

I saw Dr. Shaya because I told my neurologist I wanted a second opinion from another neurosurgeon. The first neurosurgeon said everything was fine and sent me to pain management. Dr. Shaya was the second opinion. He ordered CT scans and Xrays which the first doctor did not. The CT scans clearly showed that a part of my lumbar fusion had failed and that was causing my pain.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Dr. Mark R. Shaya's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

www.DrShaya.com

• Spanish
  • French

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)