Ratings for Dr. Belbin

Every time I have seen this man I have left extremely upset, but then why should you be any different from most of your colleagues here in Chatham-Kent right Dr, Belbin? Ignorant, rude, Incompetent and incapable of properly diagnosing a medical issue as I had several misdiagnosis by this physician. Starting to believe they are almost all incapable as you can do an hour research and you are more knowledgeable then most physicians these days but then again big Pharma is calling the shots and they don't actually treat health problems anymore, they manage symptoms with patented pharmaceuticals so they keep you on them for the rest of your life and keep making money. Our healthcare system is as corrupt as our government.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I have only seen him in emerge, but when I was there he basically talked to me like I was an idiot. But he did do his job quickly and I was in and out of emerge in less than half an hour.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2008

I honestly leave if he is in the ER & go to chatham. I had him twice. Once for me. I had an ear infection & he took chest xrays?!? then told me I was fine, my heart was ok (I have only half my heart working & some peices are man made in there!! Not to mention the 2 holes etc..)& it fixed itself?!? My fam doc came back. sent me to an ear spec. & I was fixed up, but they were suprised I could still hear. My son at 34days old was VERY sick, projectile vomit, not peeing, modeled skin etc. He told me he is fine, just spit up, take him home, why are u here at this time (it was 11 or 12) Next day took him to chatham to ER, they called in DR. Johnston & my son was on the critical list, not stable enough to be sent to london, in heart failure! He had to have shock paddles & everything! He was diagnosed with SupraVentricular Tachycardia in London where he spent days in the ICU. I was told if I didnt get him to chatham, he would have died shorty, all cuz Belbin didnt want to be bothered.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2007

My son had severe neck pain, sore throat,fever and vomiting. Took us a 1/2 hour to settle him with pillows to comfortably position his neck. Belbin walked in, yanks the pillows out waking up my son, who starts crying with pain. Then my son wouldn't open his mouth for Belbin, so Belbin starts screaming at him, making him cry harder. Doctor said probably strep, gave us an antibiotic. My son gets strep alot, and my family doc had said previously that the antibiotic Belbin was trying to give me would not be effective. I told him what my doc said he should have if he had strep. Belbin informed me the drug he was giving was "perfectly fine". He tried to look at my son's throat again, and he gagged and coughed on him, to which doc says, well thanks. Don't know what he has, but now I'll get it. Wear the mask provided by the hospital then! My son was admitted to Paeds in Chatham next day, then transfered to London. Dx -retro pharyngeal abcess. This was all avoidable.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2007

Dr. Belbin has no people skills at all , I have seen him on different occassions and one time I reported him to the hospital administration for his total disregrade of my health situation . I don't understand why he is doing a job that he appears to be so miserable doing . However on one occassion in an emergency he did call a specialist and my health problem was looked after in excellent time , for that I am grateful to him . I just wish he was more friendly and would try and make you feel that he cares .

flag | Submitted June 3, 2007

Daughter had sever pain in her right side. Saw Dr. Belbin at emergency. He said she was probably just having cramps and that her period was probably going to start even though she was 16 and was no stranger to female problems. This was much worse than cramps. He wanted to just send her home and told her to take Tylenol. Luckily she was checked by another Doctor before we left and he highly suspected her appendix. Blood test were taken and she had high white blood cell levels. Her appendix was removed and we were told it was very close to bursting. This could have turned out much worse. If I hear Belbin or Sin Yan Too are in Emergency, I will drive to another city.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2007

I can hardly believe what I am reading on this site. Obviously some very miserable people . My experience with Doctor Belbin has been very positive. Within no time he had my heart attack under control and save dammage to my heart. Thanks. I always be grateful. Do not mind those idiots who post just anything because you do not feed them drugs.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2007

One of the best and kindess doctor I have seen. I live in Toronto and have never encountered such a patient and knowledgeable doctor. After five years of misery he diagnosed me and treated me. I am free of symptoms and got my life back. Thank you Doctor Belbin. When will you come and work in Toronto? people will line u[p

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007

read the x-rays wrong and my husband walked on a broken foot for 1 week. Went to a better doctor and his foot was broke in 3 spots and had torn ligaments and ripped muscles. They had him in a cast in 20 minutes. They read the same x-ray that Belbin did and belbin seen nothing wrong. He needs to get out of wallaceburg. I leave when I know he's in emerg. I'll stay sick instead of dealing with that fruit loop.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2007

Very rude and was very upset after being seen by him. Made me feel incompetant. Was very demeaning.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2007