Ratings for Dr. David Bowler

i have been treated by dr. bowler for several months and have great success, he also helped me with some personal pain management which has helped with the issue that brought me to Dr.Bowler GREAT work Dr.Bowler

flag | Submitted September 10, 2018

I have see Dr Bowler for about 2 years now for chronic pain , he is gentle and always in tune with how you're feeling during the treatment . I entirely trust him and believe he is treating my health issues with my best interest at heart . I especially love the wonderful serene atmosphere he offers , positive this helps to be calm and believe in Dr Bowlers work . Thank you Debi VandeBurgt

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

After experiencing debilitating chronic pain for the last thirteen years (all of my adult life) my GP referred me to Dr. Bowler. I was hesitant to go at first as I had browsed his website and had noticed that I may be a candidate for prolotherapy. I has developed a fear of needles so I was incredibly nervous making that first appointment. When I arrived at Dr. Bowlers office I experienced a deep sense of serenity, lakeside, a well organized office and pleasant classical music playing. Very nice. The staff at the front desk treated me very well and I felt quite at home in this cheery setting. Dr. Bowler had an EXCELLENT bedside manner and I felt at ease immediately. Dr. Bowler offered me myofascial manual release which I found effective. Due to the high level of trust that was established I also wanted to try some prolotherapy. Dr. Bowler was so gentle that did not mind having this done, in fact, I was beginning to notice that for the first time in over a decade my pain levels were incredibly low. I could now begin to envision what I wanted my life to look like. My pain had kept me totally immobilized for so long that I had been living in isolation, afraid to commit to any plans for fear that a flare-up would make me have to cancel them. I had avoided new friendships setting dates or times because I was fluctuating between a basic level of functioning and a state of non functioning. I had tried EVERYTHING chiro, osteo, massage, natropath, cranio, and so many other modalities. Eliminating foods, cleanses, psychotherapy, physiotherapy, sound therapy, meditation. My life was totally up side down. I had had to stop working because of my headaches and muscle pain and had moments where my children and family were the only thing that kept me wanting to live. So, you can imagine how fortunate I felt to FINALLY have this heavy burden begin to lift. Due to myofascial manual release techniques, a small amount of muscular injections and eventually the crowning jewel hypnotherapy I have now been pain free for several months. PAIN FREE! I am so grateful for this opportunity to live again. I get to plan what my life will look like, I have started a business and have become more physical again, my children are grateful to have a mother who is present and able to properly care for them. I felt that during my time with Dr. Bowler I was in the hands of someone who was not going to let me go until I had recovered, he had faith in my ability to recover even when I didn't. Each day I live my life in gratitude these days, giving thanks for the hands that supported me through my healing process ;)

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr Bowler no longer works in Comox and has moved on to pain management in Saanich area. He was our family Doc for 20 years. I miss him, his gentle nature, knowledge and compassion. He may sometimes been quiet and one could get a feeling of Does he care. well he was always observing and picked up subtle clues. I found his advice and observations to be right(even when I thought different) he took great care of my wife & I ... so if you get a chance to be his patient in his new role please say hi from me!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Dr David Bowler is the best doctor. I had been referred to him by another doctor for pain management. He is very patient, knowledgable, compassionate. He takes his time out in listening to all your concerns and at the end of the day is very supportive. I have been seeing him well over a year now and would recommend him to anyone that needs pain management. He definitely goes well above and beyond his duty as a physician.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

I saw Dr Bowler for pain management in Saanich. I got lost on the way out there (so leave enough time to drive there - country roads...), but I was pleased with the treatment. He has a gentle nature and is very competent. He went out of his way to help me, and I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Dr Bowler was the best doctor I have ever had. He was knowledgable and caring . I would still be seeing him if he hadn't moved and my husband feels the same way

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

I am surprised with the negative comments. My experience with Dr. Bowler was excellent. He was very caring and attentive to me. He goes far and beyond the call of duty. He is amazing. He takes the time to talk about your medical condition and is always positive. I even told him one time that I wish all doctors are like him. Because I felt the sincerity of him serving and treating people. I like him very much and would not have second thoughts of referring him to friends and families.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

If you like doctors that have no compassion for people that suffer with chronic pain,then he is your man.He is arrogant and negative,but will put up a front once in a while and crack a fake smile.Bad attitude towards people who are having a lot of trouble and not much help....wish i never had him in the first place.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

Dr. Bowler has always been very punctual when we come in to see him and still puts in the time to talk about our problems. He helped me through a tough pregnancy and sent me to a specialist when needed. The negative ratings surprised me, We've always thought Dr. Bowler was excellent.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011