Ratings for Dr. Ian MacPherson

He was my doctor for more than 20 yrs. and he delivered both my children and 1 grandchild. I found him very easy to talk to and felt very comfortable with him. Trust factor was huge and I miss him since he retired.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

We had this Dr. for several years and at the beginning he was great, but that was most likely due to the fact that there was no health problems. However, as time went on he became the worst thing that ever happened to our family. He keep telling us we were fine. Blood pressure was always 'just like a teenager' but when checked by out of the city Dr's twice annually it always varied. It's a good thing he has retires, to bad he still does some cases. We eventually left his practice and had no Dr. to go to. Clinics Dr' were better than him!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

This doctor has great bedside manner, but he is unintelligent! My whole family went to him for 20 years, and he single handedly almost killed 3 of us. Now I'm trying to get my file from him and he is not responding, maybe because he is scared he screwed up so many times. Wonder what he did to other patients?!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2009

I had this doctor when my daughter was born. She keep on bring up everything she ate. He keep on telling me i was a over protective mom and to go home she was fine. 5 months later i finally got another doctor to look at her and he sent her to a specialist. He told me another month she would of died of starvation. She was in the hospital for 3 weeks before they would let her go. I have never taken my kids back to him since. Be very carefull when dealing with him always go with your gut instant it always knows better.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2007

Christmas Day/Boxing Day 2006, I was a patient in PGH, Chatham. Dr. McPherson was very courteous, very thorough, and helpful. He was a pleasure to deal with.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2007

The best family doc I have seen. Closing his practice was the sadest thing for this patient. Luckily he still practices other places so people get his great knowledge, helpfullness & humor!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2006