Ratings for Dr. Steven C. Elerding

Extremely poor patient relationship. Supposed to remove my appendix, and removed fatty tissue instead. Was told by a staff member from operating room he held up the removed item and asked if it looked like an appendix. My family physician had to force him to tell me that he did NOT remove my appendix, after several weeks of avoiding my phone calls. I have a signed letter of admission of guilt from him. His first comment when confronted was "What is your problem, you have insurance, don't you?" That was not the point at all. The point is I could have died should my appendix have ruptured, and he did not think it was important enough to let me know. On top of this, it ended up that I was four weeks pregnant at the time of the surgery. I had to go through the pregnancy, wondering if my appendix was going to rupture. I would never recomend this person to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2009

Was referred for 11 yr. GERD problem. Ran a couple of tests and recommended fundoplication surgery. Said it had 95% success. I guess I was the 5%. Surgical Assistant in surgery was 1st timer. Have experienced no relief from painful symptoms, but surgery makes it impossible for me to burp/vomit, so I'm definitely worse off than before surgery. Dr. seemed caring before surgery, apathetic after. He is NOT a GASTRO Dr. he is a surgeon. Somehow, that escaped me. My fault. I'm living with consequences of not dealing with a gastro specialist. Seemed nice, but was not concerned that I was worse off after surgery. Consult GASTRO Dr's before seeing him for surgery.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2008

Dr. Steven C. Elerding's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, Irvine, Ca Coll Of Med, Irvine Ca 92717 (Grad. 1974)

UnitedHealthcare