Ratings for Dr. Jay Keystone

This doctor treated my situation as a joke. He even grabbed a jar containing a large worm in it and shoved it at my face. His staff was inefficient and uncaring. He did not help me.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

I had seen many Dr's with no results. Dr. Keystone accurately diagnosed me with a parasite, put me on a medication, and was cured within weeks. Dr. a keystone gave me my life back. He was kind, caring, and brilliant .

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

This man is an insensitive jerk. He mocked my parents during their appointment with him. He also admitted to being disliked and welcomed them to give him a poor review. Not once did either of my parents say or do anything rude even when he attempted to provoke them. This excuse for a human came into the appointment with an attitude, as though he had something to prove. My mother is in extreme pain and was looking to have a brief consultation with this scum, she drove 3 hours (both ways) to meet him with the hope of some advice or knowledge. She got neither. It takes a really awful type of person to be as insensitive as this disgusting vile creature was to anyone, let alone to someone that is suffering. I am very happy to hear that the rest of you seem to have received help from him as after all that is his job, and at least he isn't ruining everyones day. However, if you do have an experience such as that of my parents please do not let it get you down. There are genuine, kind doctors out there and although it can be difficult sometimes to find strength and hope when you are suffering, and no one seems to care, you will eventually find someone to listen. Please do not let this evil self important loser get you down. Sending all my positivity to anyone who he has attempted to harm.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

He did not want to deal with why I came to him but rather wanted to know how I referred myself to a dermatologist. Instead of adding insight or clarity to my health concerns he tried to disprove my illness was from an arbo virus as I had stated. What he tried to disprove had ben proven many years before by experts in the field in chronological order. He could of asked me why I was so clear about causation. But, I did not want to waste more of my time. He had his own agenda for the meeting. I let him do his thing and left. This is my first review I have bothered to write. It was a waste of my time and he seemed very unhappy to be there. His attitude was off the charts. Misogynist? I do not know.But very unhelpful.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

flag | Submitted August 15, 2015

I had the (unfortunate-because no one wants to need a tropical disease specialist) opportunity to meet Dr.Keystone at the tropical disease clinic with my son who developed fever,etc after travel. I am a Public Health/Infectious Disease professional and was super impressed with Dr.Keystone and the clinic. We were seen quickly, he took a thorough history and did a full exam, treated us with respect and ensured follow-up again later this week. He is very knowledgable, kind and approachable and takes the time to listen to patients and their families. I would 100% recommend this doctor to travelers who become ill and need a specialist.

Submitted July 27, 2015

A world leader in tropical/travel medicine, and an incredibly passionate care-giver. He practices evidence-based medicine, and is very up-to-date with current research.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

I was successfully treated by Dr Keystone for Lyme Disease. The treatment was daunting, difficult and there were complications, but it worked. I'm cured. It took me 10 years to be diagnosed here in Canada. I was infected in New Jersey, I pulled a deer tick off my leg. Because of that long 10 years of seeing many, many doctors I completely understand the frustration of people writing here. It's devastating to be sick and not have answers, but it's not helpful to spend your valuable physical and emotional energy being angry with Dr Keystone. My understanding is that Dr Keystone doesn't want to subject people to the difficulties and risks of treatment that I went through if he isn't certain they have Lyme. He was extremely kind to me and showed compassion at every step. He told me that he believes other patients who think they might have Lyme are sick but he doesn't know what they have, it isn't Lyme and, so, can't he can't treat them for Lyme. If you are one of these patients I understand what you're going through, you will find an answer eventually. I truly hope you don't have Lyme Disease, but something else. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Submitted April 23, 2015

It is a sad state of affairs that such a person continues to practice and to hold the position that he does, given his complete lack of scientific knowledge regarding the vector-borne illnesses that are rapidly proliferating in North America. Shame on you Dr. Keystone - you have negatively affected the health outcomes of many patients due to your ignorance and ego.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Dr. Jay Keystone's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "This doctor treated my situation as a joke. He even grabbed a jar containing a large worm in it and shoved it at my face. His staff was inefficient and uncaring..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had seen many Dr's with no results. Dr. Keystone accurately diagnosed me with a parasite, put me on a medication, and was cured within weeks. Dr. a keystone..."

March 10, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Amazing cured me of a parasite instantly. Knew exactly what I had, how and where I contracted it! Gave me 2 pills on the spot and I was cured!!! "

January 16, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "This man is an insensitive jerk. He mocked my parents during their appointment with him. He also admitted to being disliked and welcomed them to give him a po..."

November 9, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "He did not want to deal with why I came to him but rather wanted to know how I referred myself to a dermatologist. Instead of adding insight or clarity to my he..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The only Dr. Of many I consulted who not only listened, but cured mr of a parasite. "

August 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had the (unfortunate-because no one wants to need a tropical disease specialist) opportunity to meet Dr.Keystone at the tropical disease clinic with my son wh..."

July 27, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.travmed.com/about/keystone_vitae.htm" to "http://missionaryhealth.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "M3H6" to "M3B 3J5". Address has been updated from "None" to "220 Duncan Mill Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14164460762".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "A world leader in tropical/travel medicine, and an incredibly passionate care-giver. He practices evidence-based medicine, and is very up-to-date with current r..."

May 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was successfully treated by Dr Keystone for Lyme Disease. The treatment was daunting, difficult and there were complications, but it worked. I'm cured. It too..."

April 23, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "It is a sad state of affairs that such a person continues to practice and to hold the position that he does, given his complete lack of scientific knowledge reg..."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "You have to have no conscience at all to claim lyme disease does not exist. Even in the German regime there was the odd person who had integrity for human life..."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Keystone was wonderful. He saw us as soon as we arrived. He warned us about everything we could catch on our trip, including diseases with no vaccine availa..."

March 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful visit on Jan 30, 2015. I was not there to hear or challenge the abilities of Dr. Keystone I was there to listen and he did the same. I had sample p..."

January 31, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was super surprised to read the negative comments here. I have seen Keystone multiple times over the past few years - he's awesome!"

January 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "If I could leave all zeros I would. Arrogant, ignorant, utterly incompetent. Couldn't properly diagnose and was dismissive. I am shocked he is still allowed..."

January 16, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Keystone is one of the best doctors with good experience and knowlede. He really take care of his patients."

November 4, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "RUN DO NOT WALK...RUN away from this arrogant geriatric dinosaur who has no business practicing medicine .....let ALONE working as a U of T prof poluting the mi..."

September 11, 2014