Ratings for Dr. Andrew Humphrey

I have been Dr humphry's patient for about 10 years and now live overseas. He always finds the time to see me on my return visits and is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

In my opinion he is absolutely the best doctor in Halifax. I trust him and strongly feel he cares. Dr. Humphrey has always provided care in a professional manner. He is very accessible and responsible. All his team is great and everything you could want from a doctor's office. Best experience I have ever had. Stana

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Love this doctor. Saw him this morning with my daughter. Did not wait long at all. He was patient, listened, addressed every issue on our list. He was in a great mood, very funny.... He's been my for over 20 years, and has taken great care of both my children. Never once had an issue with him. Great person, wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

I've have been with FPA since 1990 and Dr. Humphrey since Dr. Gram retired (Dr. Humphrey was very new), and I couldn't be happier. Sure it's a long wait sometimes but that speaks volumes to how good he and all of FPA are. Dr. Humphrey is always kind, well educated on the ailment or quick to refer you to the specialist that is, should the need arise, he's soft but well spoken, compassionate, attentive, friendly, I could on and on. As to him being arrogant? I disagree. If you're looking for pills or constant sick notes then yes I can see him having zero tolerance for bs. I can also tell you he's given me the tough love (telling me, straight no bs, how my actions were harming myself, my illness and my health care team) and I needed to hear that and respected him more afterwards. He helps me monitor and adjust my medication accordingly, including getting me off some meds I no longer needed in a safe and slow pace. He takes time each appointment to ask how I'm doing in all aspects of my life we sometimes have the chance to make small talk about our shared interests in hockey and F1, Roz on the desk kindly jokes with me about watching us patients grow up in front her eyes. All and all you can't ask for a better team.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

He is arrogant and rushes me does not seem to understand that a person might have a different life than his.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Reaching the receptionists by phone is the worst part of an appointment. Once booked I have dealt with the biggest hurdle. The receptionists are lovely on the phone and in person and Dr Humphrey has been wonderful. Knowledgeable, interested and a very good listener. His listening skills are amazing

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Treated my dad for over two years for Diabetes and kept sending him for physiotherapy on his back and after my dads pain kept getting worse and worse and night sweats....he still chalked it up to his blood sugar levels......so after an emergency visit on my moms insisting......he had stage 4 Non Hogkins Lymphoma. Nightmare!!!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Incredibly intelligent man, well-versed in medicine; if another doctor's input is necessary he refers you to only the best specialists. His receptionists are so sweet and everyone in the office has a wonderful working relationship.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Dr. Humphrey is extremely thorough, caring and informative. I had a great trust and faith in my last family doctor, who unfortunately, moved away, but Dr. Humphrey has exceeded all of my expectations. If you are looking for a no nonsense and honest doctor, look no further.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Great Doctor with excellent follow up. I have gotten phone calls, from him, checking up on me.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015