Ratings for Dr. Robert Chua

I came in early for my appointment and sat around waiting. 50 minutes after my appointment should have started, I asked why I haven't been called in. The stupid secretary let's me know THEN that he's running behind an hour and a half. I would have GREATLY appreciated a phone call earlier that day or at LEAST have been told when I came in, but she didn't say anything. Useless woman!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Dr chua and his nurse are absolutely wonderful. The wait times tend to be long but it's worth it for the care you'll receive from them. Dr. Chua is quick and to the point, yet will gladly and thoroughly answer any questions you may have. I would highly recommend him as your obgyn. Seating is sometimes limited so if you're not comfortable in the waiting room there are cushioned leather couches in the atrium. My only complaint lies with the staff. Working in a front desk role It is important to make sure your patients feel welcome. Everytime I come in or phone in to the office I seem to get a very cold response. At the end of the day I guess it doesn't matter as I always feel reassured after meeting with Dr. Chua for my prenatal appointments.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

He delivered my 2nd after I had a horrendous experience with my first dr for my first baby. Pregnant with #3 and super happy I have dr. Chua again. Yes the wait can be long but him and his nurse are wonderful and worth the wait. If you don't like the chairs there's 3 couches in the atrium. 😊

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Dr Chua is the Best Dr.May God bless him.love to see him again.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Loved him was great for both my kids and will be seeing him for mt next!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

I was skeptical at first, being that I don't care for make doctors. And very scared as it was my first pregnancy and it was high risk too boot! But I'm glad my family GP had the nurse she did at the time and she got me in with Dr Chua as he was her high risk OBGYN. Best Dr I could have asked for. The only time I didn't see him was when he went on holidays. My BP spiked at 37 weeks and he was fully prepared to induce me if it didn't stablize. I had to deliver at 38 weeks and 6 days as my son was 10lbs 7oz. I had given up pushing because I tore so bad and felt like I couldn't do it. Dr chua was so supportive and amazing thru that to both my husband and I. We had a big but healthy baby. He made sure he was there for my delivery and has even personally called me at home during my pregnancy and post delivery to answer questions and and ask questions if it was needed. I still can't believe a Dr. Would do that, and be on call 24/7 that's admirable. So so lucky and thankful I was able to get into see him. Hoping I can see him next time around!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

I just had an ablation and bladder leak repair completed by Dr. Chua. My initial appointment I had to wait a long time to see him because he had a couple babies that he had to leave and deliver :) That shows devotion! I didn't mind waiting. My family doctor had already done all of the preliminary tests I had needed, so my appointment was fairly quick, but I never felt rushed and I felt at ease as Dr. Chua took the time to explain all that needed to be explained. He gave me the option of using a suprapubic catheter and explained what it was and I am so glad I chose to follow his recommendation! I highly recommend the suprapubic catheter when you have bladder repair surgery. He came to check on me every morning I was in the hospital. I was there for 5 days because he wanted to make sure my recovery was a success. I had to do urine tests where they clamped the catheter tube so I could pee and then they would unclamp and if the amount left in the bladder after I peed was too high I had to stay. This was so that I wouldn't risk extending my bladder and needing more surgery later. I am so thankful I was so cared about. I have friends who had other surgeons and were sent home the next day just because they could urinate. Dr. Chua was very thorough and very good at his job. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

I didn't even make it past the referral, the fact they scheduled my first appt at 23 weeks in un acceptable. When I stressed my concerns with the staff she told me to get a different referral and hung up on me. R you kidding me? I have many friends that were referred to this doctor and never even met him, didn't deliver they're children either. If you can't handle your work load, stop accepting patients. Absolutely ridiculous

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Dr Chua was the doctor on call when I went into labor at 21 weeks. He sent me home...I wasn't examined, given an ultrasound or anything that should have been done. I was treated like I was crazy and that there was no way I was in labor that early. Long story short my son was born at 21 weeks and passed away just a few minutes after birth. I don't know if this could have been prevented if Dr Chua had done his job and admitted me and tried to stop the labor or not. However, all I know is he didn't and now my son is dead and I am left with a lifetime of pain as a result.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

My current Obstetrician. I am 38 weeks pregnant and although it can be a long wait time at his office I know that when it's my time he will make every effort to be at my delivery.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Dr. Robert Chua's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I came in early for my appointment and sat around waiting. 50 minutes after my appointment should have started, I asked why I haven't been called in. The stupid..."

April 28, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr chua and his nurse are absolutely wonderful. The wait times tend to be long but it's worth it for the care you'll receive from them. Dr. Chua is quick and to..."

April 21, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "He delivered my 2nd after I had a horrendous experience with my first dr for my first baby. Pregnant with #3 and super happy I have dr. Chua again. Yes the wa..."

April 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Chua is the Best Dr.May God bless him.love to see him again. "

April 6, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Loved him was great for both my kids and will be seeing him for mt next! "

March 23, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I was skeptical at first, being that I don't care for make doctors. And very scared as it was my first pregnancy and it was high risk too boot! But I'm glad my ..."

March 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just had an ablation and bladder leak repair completed by Dr. Chua. My initial appointment I had to wait a long time to see him because he had a couple babies..."

March 11, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I didn't even make it past the referral, the fact they scheduled my first appt at 23 weeks in un acceptable. When I stressed my concerns with the staff she told..."

March 2, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Chua was the doctor on call when I went into labor at 21 weeks. He sent me home...I wasn't examined, given an ultrasound or anything that should have been do..."

February 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My current Obstetrician. I am 38 weeks pregnant and although it can be a long wait time at his office I know that when it's my time he will make every effort t..."

February 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Chua delivered both of my babies one is now 16 the other 14. He is the most amazing doctor and takes his time to listen to your questions. He has just comple..."

February 15, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr Chua because I have had four miscarriages in the last year. It took me 11 months to get in. I live an hour south of Edmonton but made the c..."

January 21, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. " pregnant with my last child...a girl, finally, ..whom I enjoyed a peaceful pregnancy, who of course, as luck would have it, was my only breach baby and my only..."

January 18, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chua is the best. He is a very kind, very knowledgeable doctor. I had both of my babies delivered by him; the first via emergency c-section where he basical..."

August 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had a hysterectomy on June 9/15, very professional and easy to talk to he explained everything. Surgery went well as did recovery very pleased and thankful I go..."

July 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was a low risk pregnancy and labour was progressing fine until I started pushing, my son started showing signs of distress and heart rate was dropping. Dr Chu..."

June 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor. Only person I would trust to deliver my boys! "

June 11, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Great Dr with both of my pregnancy. Very clam in the delivery room, especially when there are ant problems. He is worth the wait. A man of few words but a great..."

May 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a surgery with him, and he was really good. He was always smiling , and trying to describe thing as easy as possible."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Chua is amazing I am currently 38 weeks with my second and he delivered my first. he has seen me through both of my pregnancies and both have been great expe..."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He delivered all three of my babies!!! He is a wonderful and caring Dr. His wait times are long, but to me he's worth the wait. His long time nurse that works ..."

April 6, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chua performed my tubal ligation last month. During the office visits, as with any specialist, the appointments are never running on time, which is admitte..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "He is great i had my first baby at 5:30am and he was called at 4;00am and rushed to the hospital to deliver her and i am currently seeing him with my second pre..."

January 27, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "worst Specialist I had ever seen! Didn't give much consultation! Sounds like he is too busy for to see me as a patient."

January 9, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chua was my ob from my last baby. I am new in Edmonton and i was referred to Him by my family doctor.. I heard a lot of good comments about Him and true en..."

January 2, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Chua was my OB for two babies. He is the best Dr. I have ever had and definitely the one one you want on the big day. Yes you are going to have to wait..."

September 26, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I used to think very highly of Dr. Chua. He was a wonderful doctor to me during my difficult high risk pregnancy. Since having my baby almost three years ago ho..."

September 18, 2014