I was referred to Dr Chua because I have had four miscarriages in the last year. It took me 11 months to get in. I live an hour south of Edmonton but made the commute in to see him. My appointment was for 2:15 pm, but I was instructed to show up 15 minutes early (2 pm) I had a hard time finding the office (it's not marked!) and so I called the office to ask for directions. I was told "it's on the corner by the husky" "corner of what street and ave" I asked. "I don't know." Was the response. She even hung up on me! Not very helpful or professional. When I got to he office it was PACKED. There was no room to sit so I stood (while suffering horrible cramping from a miscarriage). The door to the office kept opening, and woman after woman walked in and were told "you're next!" And then pulled in immediately. The receptionist complained about phone calls to the nurse. Every person in the waiting room could hear! I waited and waited. Finally at 5 o'clock (yes, 3 hours later!) after running down to pay more for parking 2 times, I asked the receptionist "how much longer?" She literally rolled her eyes at me and said "5 more in front of you! So about 30 minutes" When i looked around me, there were literally 5 other women sitting there with me. So somehow with my 2:15 appointment I was last and would be seen around 5:30. 30 minutes for 5 patients? Dr Chua is ridiculously overbooked. That's just 6 minutes per patient!! I asked the receptionist of being this late was typical to the office and she said yes - every day. I then asked why, knowing this, was I asked to come 15 minutes EARLY?! She couldn't answer!! I couldn't stay. I never did see the doctor, though I booked an entire day off work to see him, paid the parking, and stood in his office (seriously, not enough seats!) for 3 hours. Don't waste your time. This guy does not have timed of you. He's greedy and massively over books himself, and his staff is extremely rude and unhelpful.

Submitted January 21, 2016

pregnant with my last child...a girl, finally, ..whom I enjoyed a peaceful pregnancy, who of course, as luck would have it, was my only breach baby and my only emergency c section, we found unexpectedly during the internal check while in labour. .I was informed she was breach and given the option for c section or vaginal breach delivery. I opted for the c section..... ..I was immediately taken to the operating room, In full on labour, and as my epidural was being administered in my spinal chord, Dr.Chua, for some reason, not ever discussing tubal ligation in previous check ups, decides this is the time to bring it up....while I'm in no form to commit to such an operation know nothing about it and had been given zero information on beforehand. ..Needle half way in my spine, as I'm contracting hard core, Dr. Chua blurts, 'since we're doin a c section, u want me to tie ur tubes too?'. amidst my agony and foggy thoughts, crouched over a pillow, trying to get thru the pain, I mumbed 'yes'. ... the.attending nurse asked me again if I was sure i wanted this done, being the ONLY person who seemed to know this might not be the best time, let alone appropriate time, to make that big of a decison with merely seconds allowed for me to answer, even if i had concluded to only myself, she would be my last child, the surprise of this new major operation on top of the c section, I regretfully answered yes and so without any further communication or double checking I was certain (apparently allowing me to make a life altering decison I knew no information on, while on morphine, the drip and now paralyzed from the chest down) ....dr chua performed my c section without incident nor complication, then performed the tubal ligation we had discussed over the course of 5 whole seconds in the past 48 -50 weeks and my fate was sealed and changed my life, my post partum as well as my cycle (never to be regular and painless and bearable alot the time, ever again). ... I had booked appointments with Dr Chua for the next 6 years, each time, pleading for him to undo my tubes, all rejected and said he was only willing to perform a hysterectomy. ..after some indepth research of a hysterectomy vs.reverse tubal, ...I made a final attempt to plead with him to just untie my tubes....I didnt NEED a hysterectomy...I NEEDED the reversal.....and again...his final answer, after me suffering horrendous pain, hemmoraging and so on for 6 years ....he said 'il do a hysterectomy but im not untying your tubes.' that was 4 years ago that have been filled with more agony, bed rest, hemmoraging and more.......and now (today) I was informed...'your last visit was in 2012...u will need a referral to see him.' ALL I WANT IS WHAT I HAD BEFORE MY TUBES WERE TIED.....painfree periods, no pms cramping, no hemmoraging and a period that is normal, not keeping me bedridden for 2-3 days outta every 18 days....and NO MORE CRAMPING OR AGONIZING PAIN everytime I ovulate....I dont want to suffer for a mistake im willing to take half the blame in for answering yes, while sedated, in labour, that was spouted out after my 5 second consideration time was stopped. DR CHUA is the professional? or wasnt he supposed to be? ...and yet I am no one to him, he doesn't live with this life changing ongoing hell i go through every single month TWICE a month for the past ten years. When will a real professional, with empathy and sympathy help fix this doctor's ILL FATED question and doing, so I can go back to a comfortable existence I knew before this day. ....please....PLEASE..bring this up to your doctor beforehand if it is something u are contemplating....ESPECIALLY Dr. Robert Chua no woman deserves what I've gone thru a still go thru.....it is your worst nightmare if you are not prepared mentally or emotionally...an t doctor just doenst go that deep...and he needs to and to all those reading this.....the repercussions of this unplanned and unexpected operation that I had to endure for the first 2 years of m daughters life pushed me statight into post partum depression I wouldnt wish upon my worst enemy.....and I still battle with the emotions of the trauma my body went through, with never ending lingering sadness and depression on what the damage would be for me...still physically an always emotionally

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Dr. Chua is the best. He is a very kind, very knowledgeable doctor. I had both of my babies delivered by him; the first via emergency c-section where he basically saved my life and that of my daughter in a very smooth and quick manner, and my son via planned cesarean where he somehow made my scar even smaller than it was the first time. No problems with healing and recovery. Everything from his part went perfectly. I highly recommend this doctor. He also doesn't blab incessantly but will gladly answer any questions you have, and he has a friendly humour. Do!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

Had a hysterectomy on June 9/15, very professional and easy to talk to he explained everything. Surgery went well as did recovery very pleased and thankful I got into him, well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I was a low risk pregnancy and labour was progressing fine until I started pushing, my son started showing signs of distress and heart rate was dropping. Dr Chua was called in to assess situation and delivered my healthy son shortly after. He was very professional and explained things during a scary situation, made the right call and both my son and I are doing great!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Amazing doctor. Only person I would trust to deliver my boys!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Great Dr with both of my pregnancy. Very clam in the delivery room, especially when there are ant problems. He is worth the wait. A man of few words but a great Dr.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Dr Chua is amazing I am currently 38 weeks with my second and he delivered my first. he has seen me through both of my pregnancies and both have been great experiences.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

He delivered all three of my babies!!! He is a wonderful and caring Dr. His wait times are long, but to me he's worth the wait. His long time nurse that works at his office, is friendly and treats you like family! Dr. Chua is very highly recommended by me. My Sister-in-law saw him and a good friend, both were very satisfied as well! Thank you to Dr. Chua, sadly three is my limit, I won't get to see him again.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Dr. Robert Chua's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr Chua because I have had four miscarriages in the last year. It took me 11 months to get in. I live an hour south of Edmonton but made the c..."

January 21, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. " pregnant with my last child...a girl, finally, ..whom I enjoyed a peaceful pregnancy, who of course, as luck would have it, was my only breach baby and my only..."

January 18, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chua is the best. He is a very kind, very knowledgeable doctor. I had both of my babies delivered by him; the first via emergency c-section where he basical..."

August 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had a hysterectomy on June 9/15, very professional and easy to talk to he explained everything. Surgery went well as did recovery very pleased and thankful I go..."

July 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was a low risk pregnancy and labour was progressing fine until I started pushing, my son started showing signs of distress and heart rate was dropping. Dr Chu..."

June 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing doctor. Only person I would trust to deliver my boys! "

June 11, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Great Dr with both of my pregnancy. Very clam in the delivery room, especially when there are ant problems. He is worth the wait. A man of few words but a great..."

May 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a surgery with him, and he was really good. He was always smiling , and trying to describe thing as easy as possible."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Chua is amazing I am currently 38 weeks with my second and he delivered my first. he has seen me through both of my pregnancies and both have been great expe..."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He delivered all three of my babies!!! He is a wonderful and caring Dr. His wait times are long, but to me he's worth the wait. His long time nurse that works ..."

April 6, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chua performed my tubal ligation last month. During the office visits, as with any specialist, the appointments are never running on time, which is admitte..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "He is great i had my first baby at 5:30am and he was called at 4;00am and rushed to the hospital to deliver her and i am currently seeing him with my second pre..."

January 27, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "worst Specialist I had ever seen! Didn't give much consultation! Sounds like he is too busy for to see me as a patient."

January 9, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chua was my ob from my last baby. I am new in Edmonton and i was referred to Him by my family doctor.. I heard a lot of good comments about Him and true en..."

January 2, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Chua was my OB for two babies. He is the best Dr. I have ever had and definitely the one one you want on the big day. Yes you are going to have to wait..."

September 26, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I used to think very highly of Dr. Chua. He was a wonderful doctor to me during my difficult high risk pregnancy. Since having my baby almost three years ago ho..."

September 18, 2014