Ratings for Dr. David Bell

Dr. Bell is the best bar none. Instead of putting me through a stent and lithotripsy he put the stent in and lasered all 6 stones I had. (2 were hiding). Recovery is difficult but Dr. Bell is always a phone call away. In 3 weeks the stent will be out, and I'll be stone free! Dr. Bell is kind, compassionate, professional, and extremely competent. He excels in his field, and surrounds himself with the most competent support staff as well. He is truly the top, number 1 urologist in Nova Scotia.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

You are in excellent hands with Dr. Bell ! He is an awesome professional . . . you won’t be disappointed . . . I am so grateful to this man . . . .

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

I wouldn't want any other urologisy. 17 years cancer free after Dr. Bell removed my bladder. Thank You Dr. Bell.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

I have never felt more comfortable about a doctor's expertise and plan for treatment.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

My family doctor didn't include all the details of testing on the referral, but was seen within 3 months anyway. First visit was short and to the point: "schedule a biopsy". Second visit was the biopsy, in office, and took 20 minutes. He called twice after the biopsy to check how I was doing, and within two weeks, called back personally to give the news. A week later, 3rd visit, to schedule treatment. Excellent doctor, excellent staff, answered the many questions we had. So far, best person to give us hard news, and glad he took an approach that caught it early.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Dr Bell requested tests which helped diagnose and treat my kidney stones with accurate medical information. He continued treating me until the stones were gone. He is personable and very knowledgeable and I am very glad he was my doctor.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr. Bell since May of 2002 and continue to be. i felt from my very first appointment that i was going to be receiving the best care possible and i have.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

When my 'conservative' older urologist retired, Dr Bell took over his practice. I saw him every 6 months for 2 years and complained to him that I could not contain my urine & had a burning sensation while urinating. I knew where every washroom in the Dartmouth/Halifax area was. As soon as I arrived home & stepped out of the car, I had to rush in to our home as I had peed myself & rush in and change my panties and slacks. I checked the web & each time I saw him I asked whether it could be this or that. Could be was his reply. Finally a resident urologist examined me, in Dr. Bell's presence, & discovered my bladder cancer. It was too late by then. I was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer & he removed my bladder. He was & no doubt is a good surgeon. I'm pleased to say that I'm a 11 year Stage IV survivor. I'm sure that that Dr. Bell's detection skills have improved since then.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

Got me right in and was very pleasant. I was under a lot of pain and he worked me in and I thank him for that. Excellent staff also.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

Dr. Bell was a very caring, knowledgeable doctor. He made me feel very comfortable and I felt that he was very confident. He is an excellent doctor in my opinion.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011