Ratings for Dr. David Bell

My family doctor didn't include all the details of testing on the referral, but was seen within 3 months anyway. First visit was short and to the point: "schedule a biopsy". Second visit was the biopsy, in office, and took 20 minutes. He called twice after the biopsy to check how I was doing, and within two weeks, called back personally to give the news. A week later, 3rd visit, to schedule treatment. Excellent doctor, excellent staff, answered the many questions we had. So far, best person to give us hard news, and glad he took an approach that caught it early.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Dr Bell requested tests which helped diagnose and treat my kidney stones with accurate medical information. He continued treating me until the stones were gone. He is personable and very knowledgeable and I am very glad he was my doctor.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

I've been a patient of Dr. Bell since May of 2002 and continue to be. i felt from my very first appointment that i was going to be receiving the best care possible and i have.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

When my 'conservative' older urologist retired, Dr Bell took over his practice. I saw him every 6 months for 2 years and complained to him that I could not contain my urine & had a burning sensation while urinating. I knew where every washroom in the Dartmouth/Halifax area was. As soon as I arrived home & stepped out of the car, I had to rush in to our home as I had peed myself & rush in and change my panties and slacks. I checked the web & each time I saw him I asked whether it could be this or that. Could be was his reply. Finally a resident urologist examined me, in Dr. Bell's presence, & discovered my bladder cancer. It was too late by then. I was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer & he removed my bladder. He was & no doubt is a good surgeon. I'm pleased to say that I'm a 11 year Stage IV survivor. I'm sure that that Dr. Bell's detection skills have improved since then.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

Got me right in and was very pleasant. I was under a lot of pain and he worked me in and I thank him for that. Excellent staff also.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

Dr. Bell was a very caring, knowledgeable doctor. He made me feel very comfortable and I felt that he was very confident. He is an excellent doctor in my opinion.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

Dr Bell is an excellent doctor I couldn't ask for any better urologist. and his staff are also a super bunch they all deserve 10 out 10 ratings. He is very understanding and caring and has a super bedside manner... Always quick to see you and never much of a wait. Thanks Dr Bell...

flag | Submitted March 20, 2011

Dr. Bell was actually the doctor that delivered me 23 years ago. He has seen me through everything! He is SO professional, and makes you feel comfortable in even the most uncomfortable of circumstances. I live in Vancouver now and make special trips back to Victoria just to see him. I have 110% trust in him. My only complaint is that there isn't enough doctors as kind, helpful, and knowledgeable as he is :)

Submitted March 7, 2011

I was referred to Dr Bell by my GP due to slowly rising PSA readings. The first appointment went well and I never really got a feel for him during my 9 minutes in his office. At my second appointment he immediately informed me that he would be doing a Biopsy and when I said that as far as I was aware there can be side effects he immeditely acted as if he had been personally offended, said there are side effects to everything, offered NO information, checked my prostrate, informed me that it was up to me if I wanted it done and ended the "CONSULTATION". Why the attitude? Where was his professionalism and wealth of information that day? I now question his skill level and wonder why he would be so defensive. I will not be returning to his office for any reason.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2010

very thorough and returned calls promptly. very knowledgable and pleasent to the patient

flag | Submitted September 27, 2010