Ratings for Dr. Ivar Mickelson

I miss the care this man gave to his patients. the world was a better place when he was in practice. A man of wisdom, kindness, generosity of spirit, thoughtful, a great listener and the best doctor one could ever find.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Had him as a Dr. with the WCB Pain Program in Vancouver. Wonderful DR. and is a good addition to the Management team at Lifemark.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2009

I went to Ivar when I moved to Van as an 18 year old kid. Talk about a lucky break! At one appointment he determined I needed surgery quickly, and he DROVE me from his office to the hospital, and had me in an operating room in two hours. Afterwards, in the recovery room, the first person I wss aware of was Dr. M, holding my hand and telling me I was going to be just fine. Time moved on and I left the province, but I told both my brother and my dad to see him when they moved into the city. By that time, Dr. M had a very busy practice and wasn't taking new patients, but when his office assistant heard he'd treated me, she was very gracious and said 'Of course we make exceptions for family members!' I can't say enough good things about him as a doctor, diagnostician or human being. I only hope he mentors young doctors, , encouraging them to be humans as well as clinicians!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2009

Ivar was my family doctor till he closed his practice. After going to several eye specialists over several years,tones of medication, unnecessary surgery and re arranging my life over misdiagnosed allergy on my 1st apt. Ivar correctly diagnosed my problem as an infected tear duct. Incredible doctor and human being. Love and miss you Dr Mickelson

flag | Submitted March 31, 2008

Dr Mickelson is so wonderful they should clone him. He's really able and willing to put himself in the patient's shoes. He's curious and will excavate a situation to get to the bottom of it. I've no doubt he must be a great mentor to younger doctors who if they model themselves on him can only enhance our medical system greatly. Thank you for your exceptional and unparalled care.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2007

I WANT HIM BACK! HE IS THE BEST! My friends were able to get back to see him when he returned to practice, but I'm still waiting to get in. I will continue trying until I am successful. One of the "old school" doctors who is caring (bedside manners), listen and ensure you see the best in any of the fields he recommend. DR MICKELSON PLEASE... I need to get back as a patient!!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2007

Didn't know he was back practising... But if he is, then he is one person to seek out for GP services... Was simply the best doctor I ever met and he referred me to the best specialists I ever required. Liked him so much I even treated him and his son to a Canucks' game (complete with dinner at Centre Ice) in the days of the Pacific Colesium...when tickets were rare and the games were sold out!!

flag | Submitted April 5, 2007

Dr. Mickelson is wonderful. Yes, he is hard to get an appt with, but worth the wait. He is always willing to listen and as the others say, he never rushes.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2007

Ivar, I worship the ground you walk on.Such an incredible physician. You refused me as a patient, very perceptive, I have so many oddball issues. You referred me to Joy Russell. What a inspired diagnosis. Also incredibly adept at solving sport injuries golf, able to detect the invisible foot chip, and an expert in the funny bone syndrome, always the loudest guffaw on the planet when this ailment observed. Could keep patients wating longer, half hour is generally insuffucient to make patients appreciate you, need to practice this art more. Have you quit smoking on holidays yet? And will you please stop eating perogies for breakfast, your breath does occassionaly peel the wallpaper.Ian Birtwell. former involuntary patient.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2007

Warm and caring - never rushes you. Very knowledgable. Biggest problem is the difficulty of getting an appointment - general wait is 3 weeks - impossible if you need to see a doctor soon. The option is then to use another doctor in the same practice and the one that I was sent to was terrible.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2007