Ratings for Dr. Joseph J. Arena

He's a great doctor. He shows interest in your health and cares. Would recommend.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

He missed 7 cancers on my face the man is incompetent

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Very rude, rushed my appointment. denied my symptoms, saying they were not possible.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. I went to him today, he rushed the visit and his diagnosis was wrong

flag | Submitted September 21, 2012

The front office staff was incompetent, rude and barely helpful, except for the physician's female medical assistants....they were very able, nice and helpful. Referrals by the front office are handled sometimes and sometimes not at all. Their two-hour lunches are sacred to them. When you call for help, you will be put on hold for much too long, sometimes 20 or more minutes. I have never met Dr. Arena in several visits, but I plan to seek another PCP. The old saying, "the speed of the leader is the speed of the gang" must hold true in this case.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

Dr. Arena seems vacant and preoccupied. The staff is lacking in any kind of compassion or empathy. They seem more concerned in their lunch hour (2 hours) than anything else. When they finally did call back after numerous requests, they had some one else's chart. I have very little confidence in the way this office is run. I feel sorry for the one or two people that work there that actually take their job seriously. It must be very stressful. This is not an isolated incident as I have given this office plenty of opportunity to be professional and feel nothing but anxiety,disappointment and confusion.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

I liked Dr Mac, and I have met Dr. Arena. For those who have not met Dr. Arena, consider yourself fortunate - as he is the biggest sphincter that I have met. His nurse practitioner - if she can still stomach him, was very pleasant and competent. She is the only reason that I would consider going back to this clinic - and I would refuse to be in the same room with the Dr.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

I too never actually saw Dr Arena but he didnt seem very friendly this is rated on the Nurse practioner who came with this particular patient I used to see Dr McLaughlin sfor the 20 years he was in Florida the BEST every but RETIRED and sold business to Dr Arena so I still like the Nurse practioner if she leaves I would switch doctors always waiting a long time too and must ask several times to send referrals to toher doctors never was like this before.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2009

I have yet to see Dr. Arena- So I am rating this on His Nurse Practitioners that are very knowledgeable, courteous and helpful. His office staff is always pleasant.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2009

This doctor is incredibly rude and disrespectful to his staff (and patients). I would strongly urge any patients to look for another physician.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

Dr. Joseph J. Arena's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1987)

• BCBS Illinois