Ratings for Dr. Gerard Monteiro

Always helpful. Sees the big picture. Provides good advice and care. Always listens and asks questions. Doesn't waste time.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

He has always treated me with respect and is very knowledgable.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2015

Ever have a bad dr? Go see him! Wanna get into a walk in without waiting? Go see him. He won't remember you from one day to the next. And his best one....doesn't use alcohol..just a dry cotton ball for needles. Why waste your time with alcohol? Nope. Not him. Just stab u with a needle.. this guy shouldn't be working!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Waited over 3 hours and he still didn't show up. He'd call his staff twice to say he'd be there at 9:30 , then said 10:30. Staff was getting frustrated as the waiting room was full of people waiting for him. I had to leave as I spent the entire morning waiting and still unsure if he showed up for his patients. Never going back.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Have seen Doctor Monteiro at times when I could not see my own family doctor, and every time I have seen him, he has helped me. Friendly with good advise, he knows what he is doing. I ripped a huge gash in my hand and he sewed me up in no time. Came in again with cut on my head, same thing. Quick and painless. He has helped me with my sinus problems and bronchitis. Vista is a great clinic also. Very little waiting time, very efficient. I will keep seeing Dr. Monteiro . He reminds me of the doctors of times past, caring, efficient and helpful.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

This man should definitely retire from practicing medicine.I went to him distraught after being diagnosed with a back disease that shouldn't happen to someone my age.He did nothing, did not even physically examine me , the only thing he suggested was increasing my pain meds.He does NOT care about his patients at all!.I have since found a new family doctor who confirmed that I need extensive treatment and testing for my condition.Dr Monteiro only cares about the $$$ apparently!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

I dont know or understand how the man is even a doctor!? Humans dont even treat animals the way he treats patients! obviously the positive comments are comming from family members or his own friends. Im a young 25 year old and never in my life had I left a doctors office twice crying like a big baby! He never asked me about my history didnt even do a quick check up, he practically laughed at why i am came in the first time, and the second time he was a rude and complete lifeless. he made me feel so stupied for being there, and told me not to waste his time. Who the hell tells a patient not to waste their time!? This man needs to retire ASAP!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

I'm shocked at the previous reviews. I've seen Dr. Monteiro several times for general ailments. There have been times in which he does not do a "thorough" exam, but as it has turned out, there was no need for one as he was correct in diagnosing me. I have sought second opinions when I thought he should have done an exam and the results were the same. Although I have had bad reactions to some medication he's prescribed, he sees me immediately and is quick to change my medication or dose. I find him to be plesant and personable, although a little hurried. However, if this is the same Dr. Monteiro I've seen several times, I think one has to keep in mind that he is a doctor at a walk-in clinic and if you expect long-term treatment for a chronic condition or a relationship with your doctor, it's best to seek a family doctor. Based on personal experiences with several walk-in clinics, I think it's unrealistic to expect the same thoroughness as you would with a family physician.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

I went into the walk in to get my cold checked out. I am about 10 weeks pregnant. He did a throat check and in 2 seconds said I had a throat infection. I told him I was allergic to penicillin and that I was pregnant. He prescribed me Biaxin and Delsum for my cough. I had a bad feeling so did not fill it. I walked into the health store next door and picked up Corzylia (homeopathic, recommended by a homeopathic doctor friend)and children's Stodal (also homeopathic). My cold has gone and when I spoke to a female pharmacist she said he should never had perscribed either one knowing I was pregnant. I have also looked online regarding these and it said that it should be given as a last resort. I was not that severely ill that I would have needed something that would harm my baby. I have seen him before but now know that his knowledge and care is extremely limited. I will not be going back to him again.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011