Ratings for Dr. Uma Belgaumkar

Very knowledgeable and attentive. Great "bedside manner". I've been a patient since she began practicing. She is terrific

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Very kind doctor. She clearly cares about patients.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

I have been with Dr. Belgaumkar for several years and now my son is a patient. I rarely visit but when I do I find her to be straight forward, listens to my concerns and had no problems getting a referral to a specialist twice. She has seen my infant son for all his check ups and I felt she does a good job of assessing him.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Her staff are hard to understand, but they are mainly temps for maternity leave. She seems to be only able to handle one issue at a time.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

Where did she get her medical degree? Put your Nikes on and run! Ditto for her staff!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

She does not try to diagnose the problem. She does not do any research to assist me beyond typing in her computer. I have to ask questions more than once as she does not listen while she types. She has one good receptionist. She gave my daughter birth control pills to have a menses more than twice a year. My daughter went back several times with problems and was told to wait it out. We persevered and after four months my daughter ended up in hospital with a lumbar tap to diagnose high spinal fluid pressure. A direct result of the birth control.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

She was my family physician until after 1 1/2 years of misdiagnosing me and prescribing 5 doses of antibiotics I had to leave her practice. The problem was fungal infection in my lungs. She refused my request three times to do a sputum test which would have had an immediate diagnosis and the proper medication. Her office staff are the worst I have ever dealt with. Checked in for an appointment only to watch four people go in ahead of my. Checked in again only to be told they must have missed my initial check in. I was standing directly in front of them when I checked in. I've been working for physician's most of my life and have never seen such a disfunctional office.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

Office staff are infuriating. They book appointments incorrectly, send referrals to the wrong office, can't seem to keep on top of anything. Dr. Belgaumkar is okay. I have had better and I have had worse doctors. If I go in and say exactly what I need she is happy to help. If I go in looking for some direction she doesn't seem to know what to do. I often use the clinics because I have little patience for her office staff. She is on time or only ever running a few minutes late which I appreciate and if I am in a hurry it's better than waiting at the clinic.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

I like and trust Dr. Belgaumkar. She has looked after me for many years, and I value her opinion on any medical matter. Uma does not hesitate to make referrals she feels are necessary. She is always interested in my general health and well-being. I feel lucky to have her as my G.P.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

Unfortunately I have to agree with the less than satisfactory assessments here. I used to go to her but found that she was reluctant to send me for an mri that would have diagnosed a torn meniscus and tri-compartmental osteoarthritis. She also did not physically assess the knee. I knew something was wrong and asked to be referred to an arthritis specialist which also did not happen. Through a walk-in clinic I was referred to a specialist and after years of suffering with knee pain I was operated on and am now back to my 4-5 mile a day walk. It seems as if some doctors forget that listening and assessment skills are crucial. A hurried diagnosis (or lack of one) while walking out the door with laptop in hand is not my idea of medical "care". I received much better service from a clinic. Time to change how one approaches one's job...

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014