Dr. Maximo B. Lockward

Ratings for Dr. Maximo B. Lockward

He is now with Charack Center for Health and Wellness. My first visit with him consisted of him reading my chart for ninety minutes while I sat in his office. He barely looked me in the eye. He did not speak during this time. Then he spoke with me for a few minutes afterward. All I needed was to get back on the treatment which has proven successful for over a decade. He refused to order any previous medications and despite my chart clearly stating I could not tolerate SSRIs and SNRIs, he prescribed Paxil, a medication I had never taken. Within 5 days I had an adverse reaction to the medication as it is an SSRI. He completely dismissed my past history and paid no attention to me as a patient. My second visit was no better. He barely acknowledged me when I entered his office and again spent 20 minutes reading my chart while I sat there. After he was finished, his tone was condescending as he informed me he would finally prescribe the antidepressant I had taken previously with good results. He refused to treat my other conditions, stating he did not believe they were valid diagnoses. How would he know? He didn't look me in the eye, he had no meaningful dialog with me and did not ask probing questions. I fired him instantly and will be seeking treatment from a qualified, knowledgeable and experienced doctor who demonstrates care and concern toward his or her patients.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

I was scheduled to be seen at 3 p.m. on a Friday (apparently he only works in the Boardman office on Friday & Saturday) and called beforehand to check on how far behind he was. I was told to come in before 4 p.m. and that the wait time was not extensive as he was running quite close to scheduled appointment times. I arrived a 3:40 p.m. and found that there were five patients ahead of me. I filled out the paperwork for new patients and, of course paid in advance for the consult ($125.00) then sat and waited for over three hours. The snotty receptionist, who spent the entire time I was waiting talking to her boyfriend - who was in the cubicle with her, privy to all patients' records and able to hear everything that was discussed - got up and went home at 6 p.m. with two patients waiting before me and four patients waiting after me. I will never go back and be treated with such disrespect. Run away from this practice as fast as you can.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Worst doctor EVER!! Rediculous wait times, 1-3 hours, and just hands out medicine like candy. Good for drug users, bad for patients who REALLY need help. I should have listened to others who said stay far away from!!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2012

would not recommend, staff smug as him. poor conditions. not like.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2012

Dr. Lock ward is a excellent doctor. This is his ex patient and he really cares about the individual. J.R from Chicago. I wish him all the best in whatever he does.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2011

I think that Dr. Lockward is a wonderful psychiatrist that has helped me significantly with my depression and anxiety. He is very patient and kind, and I would not want to go to anyone else for my psychological problems.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

Awesome psychiatrist. Yes, the waiting time is extensive most visits but the visitis are always thorough and SOOO worth the wait. He is knowledgable, patient, and understanding. If you ask his opinion he will give you an honest answer and in return he expects the same. Those that comment about him being mean or "throwing them under the bus" probably have more to the story than they share. If you are an honest and sincere patient you will find Dr. Lockward to be an honest and caring physician.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2010

I have to agree with the above comment! I haven't been treated so rudely since I had to see the shrink for SSD. If I didn't answer the way he wanted me to answer he made me feel like a criminal. Because of my mental state I have not been able to see a Psychiatrist for two years, and now I either have to punish myself more and go back to him or just refuse to get treatment. It feels like my back is against the wall.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009

tHIS DOCTOR IS A WONDERFUL PSYCHIATRIST. HIS CARING AND KNOWLEDGE OF PHARMACEUTICAL DRUGS SURPASS ANYONE IN YOUNGSTOWN. HE TAKES TIME WITH YOU, AND WILL CALL YOU ONTO YHE CARPET IF HE FEELS YOU ARE BEING DISHONEST.I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE WHO IS IN NEED OF GOOD QUALITY CARE

flag | Submitted January 9, 2007

Dr. Maximo B. Lockward's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

• BCBS Massachusetts