Ratings for Dr. Michael I. Friedman

My experience was nearly identical to the first patient. I concur with that assessment.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

Dr. Michael Friedman's conduct psychiatrist might constitute malpractice, but luckily for him he practices behind-closed-doors. Dr. Friedman makes hurtful and sarcastic comments, takes it personally when his suggestions are not followed and on some occasions was blatantly insulting. His advice is almost always based on what he would do, not what the patient would do, given his or her unique circumstances, personality and needs. Astonishingly, Dr. Friedman makes no real effort to get to know a patient's perspective and tailor his analysis and counseling accordingly. Also, he insists on a frequent rate of visits, even when it is unnecessary or financially untenable for the patient. For example, I paid for sessions out-of-pocket and one visit/week was all we could afford. Dr. Friedman knew this but continuously recommended 2, 3 or even 4 x/wk. He became visibly irritated when I said I could not do this. When I ended our therapy, he reacted personally and with great anger.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2006

Dr. Michael I. Friedman's Credentials

• Stanford Univ Sch Of Med, Stanford Ca 94305 (Grad. 1969)

Top Hospitals in Berkeley, CA