Ratings for Dr. William Ehman

I have found him to be a great Dr. so far. The only problem Ive had was the same as someone else in that i had zero desire to do genetic testing but he was very pushy about it and I felt pressured into making a decision to do the testing, and never felt good about getting it done. The only recommendation I have for those reading this is if you do not want to do something and have your reasons for it, stand firm in your No. Other than this he has been an excellent doctor and I've only had to wait to see him once, all other visits he's been ahead of schedule. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Every prenatal appointment we waited over an hour to be seen. Staff ignored us when we were at the counter. ehman was rude and cold. He lectured about genetic testing that we had opted out of with a previous ob before moving to Nanaimo. I was expected to take off my pants with no gown to cover for the gbs test, when the door opens to the lobby in front of all the other patients. I have nothing good to say about this "man".

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I had the pleasure of having Dr Ehman for my pre and post natal care. He's the most compassionate Dr I have met as a patient and as a health care worker. I would highly recommend him to anyone on know.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Dr ehman was a fantastic Dr and I reccomed him to all of my friends starting or expanding on their family. I was fortunate enough to get into his practice for my sons pregnancy and birth; however Dr ehman was no longer taking patients for general practice at the time and we could not switch to his office. If you are looking for someone who is kind, compassionate and knowledgeable than Dr ehman is perfect!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

Dr. Ehman was wonderful. He was alway informative and encouraging. From the very first appointment right through delivery of my baby girl, he was a helpful compassionate Doctor. Going in with an overwhelming anxiety over doctors, he made me feel reassured ever step of the way!!! I have several friends that are now using him as their prenatal care doctor. Thank you Dr.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

He delivered all 3 of my babies and was absolutely fantastic every time. Very caring and knowledgable. Would recommend to anyone for prenatal/postnatal cares. He is not my family doctor but happily took me on each time I was pregnant. The staff was very kind Over the 10 years I was dealing with their office. Can't thank him and them enough

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Absolutely love Dr. Ehman! I had no family Dr when I found out o was pregnant and he took me on no questions asked! He delivered my baby boy Dec 21st 2014 and then came to see us on the 22nd and 23rd when we were discharged. My son had slight jaundice and Dr. Ehman called everyday (including Xmas day and boxing day!) To make sure my boy was good and healthy! He is so knowledgeable and supportive, and even if I move away from Nanaimo I will come back for him to deliver my next baby whenever that happens!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Excellent doctor. One of few that keep up with new research/therapies. Totally committed to best patient care practices. In 20+ years I have never found staff/reception to be rude. I have witnessed rude clients who demand instance service while the exceptionally busy receptionist(s) are trying to meet office demands. Punctuality is sometimes a problem but in fairness, Dr. Ehman is also one of few doctors that deliver babies.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

I agree with rude reception, wow attitude, and very unhelpful (just the one lady). Although the nurses are great! And he is great!! He goes out of his way to make sure you are healthy! He has made personal calls at home on a weekend. He is a popular man, takes a while to get an appointment but it’s worth the wait. Within the health care community, he is well known, well respected, and highly recommended. He is great with kids, and great with pregnancy. He is very knowledgeable. I’ve been his patient for years 20+ years. I occasionally feel like he is rushing, but he is a very busy man. That is my only complaint. If you need someone to fight for your life, this is your man.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2015

Dr. William Ehman's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have found him to be a great Dr. so far. The only problem Ive had was the same as someone else in that i had zero desire to do genetic testing but he was very..."

January 22, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Every prenatal appointment we waited over an hour to be seen. Staff ignored us when we were at the counter. ehman was rude and cold. He lectured about genetic t..."

January 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had the pleasure of having Dr Ehman for my pre and post natal care. He's the most compassionate Dr I have met as a patient and as a health care worker. I wou..."

January 6, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr ehman was a fantastic Dr and I reccomed him to all of my friends starting or expanding on their family. I was fortunate enough to get into his practice for m..."

January 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "There is no better doctor on Vancouver island He has been our family doctor for over 25 years "

November 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ehman was wonderful. He was alway informative and encouraging. From the very first appointment right through delivery of my baby girl, he was a helpful comp..."

October 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He delivered all 3 of my babies and was absolutely fantastic every time. Very caring and knowledgable. Would recommend to anyone for prenatal/postnatal cares...."

May 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely love Dr. Ehman! I had no family Dr when I found out o was pregnant and he took me on no questions asked! He delivered my baby boy Dec 21st 2014 and t..."

April 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Excellent doctor. One of few that keep up with new research/therapies. Totally committed to best patient care practices. In 20+ years I have never found staf..."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I agree with rude reception, wow attitude, and very unhelpful (just the one lady). Although the nurses are great! And he is great!! He goes out of his way to ma..."

January 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing Doctor. He truly cares about his patients and is very supportive . Delivered my baby on Saturday, and came to see us at the hospital on Sunday and holi..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ehman has been my GP for years. He delivered my baby and was great throughout my whole pregnancy. Extremely helpful makes personal calls for results and che..."

September 5, 2014