Ratings for Dr. Brock Vair

In 2005, my wife had a kidney removed. In 2011 the kidney cancer migrated to the pancreas. Dr. Vair removed a potion of the pancreas and removed another tumor which was very close to an artery. After the surgery he was very concerned about the removal of the tumor because of its location. He was very compassionate and concerned. In Sept 2012 she had radiation treatments on the scar tissue of the tumor. It is now April,2015. She has just received a glowing report from her doctor. Because of Dr. Vair, he has given her an additional 4.5 years of life with the hope of more to come. This being Good Friday, we have much to be thankful for. We would like to thank Dr. Vair and all involved for their expertise. We think of you often in our prayers. Marie Gemma Tingley and Ashley Leroy Tingley.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

Gall Bladder removed 11/12/13. 5 days later feeling very good. Dr. Vair was very pleasant, thorough and knowledgable. I hope to be back to work tomorrow.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2013

We had a consultation today, and he was kind, compassionate and arranged all necessary testing within the QEII, all on one visit! And after testing by another Doctor, he ran down the hall to de-brief us on the results and to tell us the next step. Very pleased with this meeting.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2013

I completely agree with the person (above) who rated Dr. Vair on 2/23/07. Vair did a bilateral hernia on me and it didn't work. Had to have it redone by another surgeon.He put 2 "plugs" in the Inguinal canals one of which still slips out of place 4 years after the surgery. When that happens it presses on a nerve and is very painful indeed. That can last from hours to a couple of weeks before it slips back into place by itself. I wouldn't have this pain if it wasn't for Dr. Vair. I also agree with the other comments about his students, etc. He even sent a very young female student - not an Intern, but rather an about 3rd year med student to examine me alone - innappropriate to say the least considering the type of intimate examination that he had her conduct. He only appeared some time after she had left. I also was told there was a high (95 or better) success rate but that wasn't true - it's really much lower. Don't recommend him at all. Try someone else who's not so full of himself

flag | Submitted December 27, 2010

Dr. Vair is an excellent surgeon - did a great job for me - removed and rebuilt common bile duct. Visited every day while I was in the hospital - very warm,approachable and knowledgable - recommend him highly

flag | Submitted May 21, 2009

Dr Vair was always so thorough both times I needed surgery. The extras that he showed to me really made me feel very reassured such as calling me personally to go over the treatment he suggested. While in the hospital the nurses said I wouldn't see him on the weekend but on both Saturday and Sunday he dropped in. I certainly thought he was one of the best doctors I have seen. It's a proud day to have such a high quality doctor in Nova Scotia and to know he is Nova Scotia born and was trained at Dalhousie!!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2007

operated on me in 91 for routine gall bladder. I ended up with complications next day. My red blood count extremely low kidneys started shuting down. He was agitated through this process not helpfull to me or nurses. I can understand the stress, but ended up in SICU had second surgery and woke up on resparator.I never found out the problem, but Dr Vair did not like when I could ask ? He blamed it on my heart and wanted me to have tests which I did and no problem found. I asked to see a hematoligist which he did not want to do. I insisted and his results said my blood count was too low to have surgery. I know that things happen, but Dr V. would avoid my room and I had to repeatly ask to see him. I would appreciate a Dr saying I don't know versus not saying anything. It seems he doesn't do well when things go wrong.If I can say anything make sure that your Dr will address any concerns you have and be willing to answer ? weather they have the answers or not.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2007

Went to see this doctor, he examined me or my for approx. 2 minutes and sent me for tests and my family doctor or I never heard from him again.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2007

He mutilated me and almost cost me my life...wouldn't send my dog to him.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007

Great Doctor saved my life operated when no when else would take the chance and because of that im ALIVE today thanks Doctor Vair I'll never forget you

flag | Submitted March 6, 2007