Ratings for Dr. Fidel E. Velez

The staff is wonderful. But that is about it. He misdiagnosed me one too many times. I switched drs after my last issue. I could've had bigger problems if I would've stayed with him.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

All Drs. are using laptops now. It sort of makes you feel your not being listened too. But this is the new age.It is not the Drs. fault.I just started to go back to him after leaving my other Dr.So far i am satisfied.The staff is wonderful.If you dont like kidding then this isnt the place for you. I would rather go to a Dr. who is down to earth than one who gives you a number instead of a name.Scripts are taken care of right away.Never have to wait for an appt.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011

Just for info, all the Doctors are going to the laptop instead of the chart/paper, it is linked to the hospitals and pharmacies to fax prescriptions and the like. All vitals are entered and all patient info is at the fingertips of the Doctor to better help them do what they do. Good Doctor, Good man and an interesting sense of humor as mentioned by others. LIKE

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

I like him.He listens to you. He seen me right away. Usually you have to wait a pretty long time in Dr's office. And the majority of doctor's use computers. I recommend him

flag | Submitted January 8, 2011

Does not listen or look at patient when patient (my parent)is explaining medical problem and instead plays on laptop computer. Misdiagnosed my parent's problem with dire circumstances.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

He used to be my family doc that I went to while I was still living in PA. I felt him to be a pretty good doctor. I never had a problem with him. He does have a sense of humor that a lot of people may not understand or appreciate though. I am young and was between 18 - 22 years old when he was my doctor and his joking didn't bother me at all and I actually thought he was funny, but I know some people who would not appreciate that especially in a doctor/patient setting. He does have his laptop with him during every appointment, and I know some people probably wouldn't appreciate that either.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

He told me that my father was a "big baby". Refused to give my father (who was 78 and never had an addiction problem) powerful pain meds for post neuropathy. My father was in HORRIBLE pain. Did not listen to my father when he complained about pain on his left side, instead he played with his new laptop and tried to flirt with my sister.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2007

Dr. Fidel E. Velez's Credentials

• University Of Puerto Rico School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Health Alliance