Ratings for Dr. Andrew Porter

I feel Dr. Porter needs to read his patient's file before He walks in to the room! I am very displeased with his manner and knowledge of the person before he walks in to the room. I gave him and his staff all the info before and he seemed to have no knowledge of it. That I call un - professional! Thanks for me spending a lot of money to see someone, I thought was a doctor just to be fouled! Not in my good books. I am a tax payer and I just spent my money and your tax payers dollars to get no where!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

had a hip replacement done by Dr Porter. Gave me my life back,so happy to be without that terrible pain. Man of few words,but very good surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Dr. Porter did my hip replacement in August 2015. He is a fantastic surgeon and will be doing my knee replacements. He explains everything in great detail. I have complete faith in him as a surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

Dr Porter screwed up my husband's ankle. He did 5 surgeries on it to try and fix his mistakes but unfortunately my husband is permanent disabled. He did not like that I questioned him on things and I made him stutter. The last surgery he did he didn't even give my husband anything for pain and didn't even come and talk to me when he was done the surgery. His bed side manor sacked and I guess he thought we were dr's cause everything he told us was like it was written in a medical journal. We waited 5 hours to see him one apps. Not a good experience. Wouldn't recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Dr. Porter is very good at what he does and he is kind also. Thanks Dr. Porter for all you do.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

Doctor Porter has done both my knees in the last 3 years and I am 10 months past the last surgery and my knees have never felt better. I think he is a great Dr.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr Porter replaced my horrific right hip on May 14th, I would recommend him to anyone, he has been professional and considerate, and did a great job with my replacement. He will be replacing my left hip in six months time, I have recommended him to several others and will continue to do so, an excellent surgeon!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I have had 5 surgeries, including both knees and hips replaced,with Dr. Porter. He always been professional and considerate. The first visit I stopped him as I didn't understand what he was saying, and he immediately put x-rays up for me to see and explained everything. Since that time he has always made sure I understood. Have recommended him to several people and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

If he tell you that your cartilage can not heal/regrow. he is lieing. cartilage can heal. only thing that stops it is the arthritis drugs you are on. they block proteoglycans that allow cartilage and bone to heal. sure cartilage has poor blood supply but it gain's it's nutrients through movement. the movement of a joint allows synovial fluid to enter to joint and that is how the cartilage get's it's nutrients and is how it heals and rebuilds. the only way a joint replacment is needed is if you get 0 movement from a joint. if you are getting any movement from a joint still it can heal and rebuild. It is slow for cartilage to heal though depending how bad you are it takes 3-5 years. the info is out there just got to find it. but a lot of it is tampered with because doctor's do not want you to know this. I forgot to mention nervous system plays a big role in this and it needs to be checked for this to work. I know a lot of people will not believe me

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

In April 2010, I fractured my left femur, and was placed under Dr. Porter's care, as he was the doctor on call the weekend I was ambulanced to the hospital. At the time of my injury, I was in need of having knee replacement surgery on both knees and had planned on having another surgeon do those surgeries. However, I was so pleased with the surgery that Dr. Porter did on my femur invovlving a plate and multiple screws and pins (that he will remove in early 2012), that I decided to have him do my knee replacement surgeries as well. My right knee was done in June and I am very happy with the result. I continue to be under Dr. Porter's care and find him to be a skilled surgeon who is very professional, and also shows respect for me as a patient in not 'talking down' to me and in how he explains my options. I have no hesitation in highly recommending him.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2011

Dr. Andrew Porter's Credentials

• Western Ontario (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Kamloops, BC