Ratings for Dr. Andrew Porter

Dr. Porter did my hip replacement in August 2015. He is a fantastic surgeon and will be doing my knee replacements. He explains everything in great detail. I have complete faith in him as a surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

Dr Porter screwed up my husband's ankle. He did 5 surgeries on it to try and fix his mistakes but unfortunately my husband is permanent disabled. He did not like that I questioned him on things and I made him stutter. The last surgery he did he didn't even give my husband anything for pain and didn't even come and talk to me when he was done the surgery. His bed side manor sacked and I guess he thought we were dr's cause everything he told us was like it was written in a medical journal. We waited 5 hours to see him one apps. Not a good experience. Wouldn't recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Dr. Porter is very good at what he does and he is kind also. Thanks Dr. Porter for all you do.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

Doctor Porter has done both my knees in the last 3 years and I am 10 months past the last surgery and my knees have never felt better. I think he is a great Dr.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr Porter replaced my horrific right hip on May 14th, I would recommend him to anyone, he has been professional and considerate, and did a great job with my replacement. He will be replacing my left hip in six months time, I have recommended him to several others and will continue to do so, an excellent surgeon!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I have had 5 surgeries, including both knees and hips replaced,with Dr. Porter. He always been professional and considerate. The first visit I stopped him as I didn't understand what he was saying, and he immediately put x-rays up for me to see and explained everything. Since that time he has always made sure I understood. Have recommended him to several people and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

If he tell you that your cartilage can not heal/regrow. he is lieing. cartilage can heal. only thing that stops it is the arthritis drugs you are on. they block proteoglycans that allow cartilage and bone to heal. sure cartilage has poor blood supply but it gain's it's nutrients through movement. the movement of a joint allows synovial fluid to enter to joint and that is how the cartilage get's it's nutrients and is how it heals and rebuilds. the only way a joint replacment is needed is if you get 0 movement from a joint. if you are getting any movement from a joint still it can heal and rebuild. It is slow for cartilage to heal though depending how bad you are it takes 3-5 years. the info is out there just got to find it. but a lot of it is tampered with because doctor's do not want you to know this. I forgot to mention nervous system plays a big role in this and it needs to be checked for this to work. I know a lot of people will not believe me

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

In April 2010, I fractured my left femur, and was placed under Dr. Porter's care, as he was the doctor on call the weekend I was ambulanced to the hospital. At the time of my injury, I was in need of having knee replacement surgery on both knees and had planned on having another surgeon do those surgeries. However, I was so pleased with the surgery that Dr. Porter did on my femur invovlving a plate and multiple screws and pins (that he will remove in early 2012), that I decided to have him do my knee replacement surgeries as well. My right knee was done in June and I am very happy with the result. I continue to be under Dr. Porter's care and find him to be a skilled surgeon who is very professional, and also shows respect for me as a patient in not 'talking down' to me and in how he explains my options. I have no hesitation in highly recommending him.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2011

My first experience with Dr. Porter during and after emergency knee surgery left me literally in tears. Emotionally, his bedside manner was hard to take -- even though I was warned about it. That being said, he went above and beyond to fit me in and was clearly working many hours. My complicated knee surgery has, so far, been a great success.I could hardly find the nerve to go to my follow-up appointment though, and then was shocked to find a happy and knowledgable guy who is clearly one of the best in his field. He smiled alot at the office appointment and was wonderful. I think he even cracked a joke. Maybe I just caught him on a bad two-days the first time ...

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

Awesome surgeon, knows his stuff! You can feel 100 secure under his care!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

Dr. Andrew Porter's Credentials

• Western Ontario (Grad. 1988)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal