Ratings for Dr. Helen Tsui

My kids' been there for more than 10 years from kids' babe age till now. Well, for kids, she is really nice, but for adult, depends because a lot of them are not that nice and I know, waiting too long for her, asking too many questions (hypothetical question from internet). Be honest, her diagnosis are really good. If she suspects your child to have something, she will send you right away to the specialist or sick kids. Sometime, she will want you to check this or that to make sure your kid is fine. Well, usually if you have a lot of questions to ask, just precise because there are too many kids and babies there waiting. I myself don't want to buck her too long unless seeing something serious. If you need a comforting Paediatrician, well, definitely not her, but if you need a knowledgeable and good doctor with good diagnostic skills to know what your kids' sickness, I think she is probably one of the best. She has a lot of good advice to us. I know she always buck me to remember this or that, well, I rather being buck than rather forgot to be caution to my kids, right? She might be good to me, but certainly benefit my kids. BTW, long line up means something about this doctor and even parent complaints, they still go see her. Definitely I love to see a doctor like this with a high performance without non-sense. BTW, don't complain the staffs being rude, because I see parents comes in, causing trouble. It is good that if you think you are in a hurry, you can always go to a walk-in (leave the space to us). Same, it is always slow in walk-in. Last thing, thanks for her care for that many years.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

Very helpful and kind, fast service but don't make you feel rushed

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Receptionist is very rude except one. Dr Tsui herself doesn't like parents ask any "useless" questions. But point is how a parents would know if the info or question is useful or not? Obviously we would not come to visit u if I m that knowledgeable to prepare my useful question n info. Especially when we are new parents. She seems has no paitient to listen to what we r telling her,unless we have prepared a summary of an essay in advanced. Also, dislike the way they just tell u the instruction in person once n would refused to repeat it again by saying: I already/ my staff already told u before, u should remember it. Common, not everyone has such a good memory. U could only say so if u issue written down instruction each time which I he seen some other PDs have done so.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Never made the time to really see her patients. Her operation is like an impersonal assembly line geared to booking and processing as many appointments as she can. That hasn't changed over the years so in the best interests of our children we have switched. There are much better Doctors out there.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

I decided to switch to other doctor after seeing her for 10 years. Her attitude is bad to the parent. She always blame the parent not doing good enough!! She is rude and not professional!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I would like to commend Dr. Tsui for her work in taking care of our children. She is knowledgeable, caring , and professional. She always addressed any concerns I have. She explains things thoroughly and advises us of what to do should situations change. There is no doubt Dr. Helen Tsui's office is always busy. So I prepare myself by listing my concerns before going. Her staff is nice. Keep in mind the receptionist can only talk to one person at a time. If she is not picking up the phone she is likely talking to someone else. I am willing to hold the line or wait a bit in order to get the best care I believe I can get for my daughter.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

Dr. Tsui is not a good doctor to begin with, her knowledge is very limited to only common problems. Receptionist is horrible, never picks up calls, if lucky enough to call through, she would say " hold the line please" for the longest time. Receptionist is rude and very unhelpful, she cannot multitask, had to do one thing at a time. You book an appointment at certain time, but always had to wait AT LEAST 45 minutes before you can see the doctor.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

After having taken my children to Dr Tsui for 19 years I think I am in a pretty good position to evaluate her care. The bottom line is that I would and i have trusted her with my childrens' lives. She is without question outstanding in her field. There will always be times with any Dr. that there is a misdiagnosis ( as referenced by another user here), or a wait to see her, or staff who don't have time for chit chat but the bottom line is that in caring for the health and welfare of your child, she is second to none. She is direct, honest and extremely knowledgeable. As far as her staff being rude as other people have suggested, my view is that they are very busy. I have always found that if I state what I need in concise and polite terms, being considerate of them and other parents in the office, the same respect and courtesy has been returned to me by staff. If you want staff to diagnose, chit chat, make exceptions to the rules, jump the line etc. then go to another office where the Dr is mediocre and they will have time for these things. My son has special needs and she ALWAYS made time to see him when it couldn't wait. Dr Tsui will go the extra mile for you. Go the extra mile for her as well recognising that she gives her all to her patients and be patient and courteous and show your appreciation. She deserves it.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Dr Tsui is very knowledge and great with kids. She has been my kids' doctor since they were born and have taken exceptional care of them. My kids adore her. She is busy for a reason and we think the wait is well worth it. After all, people line up for good restaurants too!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Dr. Tsui is a good and helpful pediatrician. Our family immigrated to Canada nineteen years ago. Within the first month of our arrival, my infant son was sick and saw by Dr. Tsui once before admitted to Sick Kids Hospital and stayed there for 12 days. As a new immigrant without medical insurance and OHIP coverage, I was billed for $12,000 from the hospital. On the last day of the hospital stay, Dr. Tsui came to my son's ward during her break as an ER doctor. After she examined my son, she decided that he was stabilized and could be better cared at home to avoid further infection and more financial hardship for our family. She persuaded the doctor-in-charge to an early discharge of my son on condition that she would take care of him at her office. Since then my infant son had gone to her office for follow up appointments free of charge until the bills, which would be $50 per visit if Dr. Tsui charged me, were covered by OHIP. During my son's stay in Sick KId Hospital, the doctors had misdiagnosed that he needed an operation. Dr. Tsui had talked to the hospital's doctor on our behalf, so the case was referred to a senior doctor for a review and he formed the opinion that an operation wasn't needed. I appreciate Dr. Tsui's great help during that difficult time. My children were Dr. Tsui's loyal patients until they were too old to see a pediatrician. For my children's safety, I followed her suggestions for vaccination even though some of them weren't covered by OHIP at the time.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015