Ratings for Dr. Arthur P. Dick

There are no words to say how grateful I am to Dr Dick and Janet. I was very sick about 13 years and they saved my life. They are very good at what they do.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2011

I have thought a great deal about how Dr. Dick assumed my husband had a pinched nerve. I knew that this was not a pinched nerve by the severe symptoms that my husband was dissplaying. I had told my husband that Dr. Dick had a good reputation for being on target as to diagnosing a condition. Well, I was wrong, however my husband was relieved and took Dr. Dick's word. My husband had tremors in his hands and he could barely hold his silverware. He was having issues with his sight and Dr Dick says that this was a pinched nerve and come back to see me in several months if the symptoms continue! My husband was diagnosed with lymphoma and basically had tumors in his brain area that was causing all of these issues. I feel that when someone comes in with such severe symptoms, Dr. Dick needs to put his arrogance aside and treat the patient with respect. Put some effort into properly diagnosing your patients.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2009

Dr. Dick diagnosed me with Guillen Barre synderome (about 3 years ago) when I was in Lakewood Hospital and a different neurologist had spent days sending me to differnt tests each day while my condition significantly worsened. The nurses recommended I get a second opinion (the experienced nurses indicated they knew what I might have) and he tested, diagnosed me and started treatment (in Lakewood Hospital) all within 4 hours. The other doctor was on day 4 with me. Now, I will admit his bedside manner is weak. He would do a 30 second visit daily (How you doing? Grab my hands ... push your feet ... ok, your progressing ... then disappeared) Don't expect much more. However, I do feel he is a very, very smart man (with a lot to do so he doesn't sit, chit chat, hold your hand, etc.). I have no problem recommending him. Just understand what your getting (all nurses confirmed his bedside manners/approach). Your getting brillance (in my opinion).

flag | Submitted September 16, 2009

I took my mom to Dr Dick a few yrs ago when she started showing signs of alzheimers. He was totally rude & disrespectful to this sweet little lady that wouldnt hurt a fly. He embarrassed her & seemed irritated that she couldnt answer some of his questions! Of course she cant remember her birthday....she has alzheimers!!! I stepped in & stopped it & we never returned! I couldnt possibly bring anyone I loved to such an unkind man! I am a nurse..I've worked with many doctors- never such a rude & disrespectful one! Dont waste your time! He has a terrible beadside manner & belongs in an office with the door closed to people...perhaps research???

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

I was admitted to a hospital for numbness and loss of feeling in arm and leg. Dr. DICK said I was making this up, that there was no evidence of a stroke. The second time this occurred, another Dr. diagnosed as a TIA. I don't know why Lakewood Hospital praises Dr. DICK. He only seems to be knowledgable if the symptoms and test results are exactly what he is looking for.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2007

This was about 6 years ago, but... He evaluated me twice, for symptoms that included numbness and tingling from my waist down. His diagnosis was a pinched nerve in my back, and he told me to lose weight. Although I admit I could stand to lose weight, another doctor was smart enough, six months later, to look at the exact same symptoms and order an MRI of my head and neck, to rule out Multiple Sclerosis. Unfortunately, the MRI didn't rule it out, it confirmed it. Happily, I feel pretty good these days, but I'm convinced that I could have avoided a lot of misery at the time. MS is a disease that frequently has a better prognosis the more quickly it's identified, and thanks to Dr. Dick, it took over a year to diagnose.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2006

Dr. Arthur P. Dick's Credentials

• Univ Of Western Ontario, Fac Of Med, London, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1977)

GHI