Ratings for Dr. Brian Garvey

Dr Brian Garvey was always kind and understanding . He helped me through a very difficult 5 years of my life. If I needed him he was just a phone call away and he was able to bring joy back into my life. I was very sad when he passed away. In my opinion he was one of the best and if ever I feel low I remember his words to me , so he continues to help me. Thank you .

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

Amazing Man! Amazing Doctor! He made the world a better place <3

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

In my experience, Dr. Garvey has an extraordinary ability to cut to the heart of the matter. I have also found his approach to therapy practical and compassionate. There is a natural and easy humour to his manner that often as not allows your to leave with a smile on your face. Overall, in my opinion, a remarkable therapist.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

Dr. Garvey is a really good psychiatrist. He is personable and easy to talk with. His knowledge base is broad. He regularily attends professional conferrences and can quote from current research journals. He is virtually always on time.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

He is very arrogant, has no knowledge and is not interested at all in helping patients. He should not have a license at all. Hopefully he is forced to retire as soon as possible.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

i would usually drive 40 minutes to be pushed out his door in 10. he doesn't give a damn about you, but he will quickly give you lorezepam. which basically ruined my life for 6 months. out of the blue he refused to see me anymore because i had trouble opening up to him. he diagnosed me with social anxiety the week before. maybe someone with social anxiety would have trouble opening up to a ****ing stranger / doctor. oh well, the hell with him.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2010

Dr. Garvey is a brilliant and caring man. I have never in my life known anyone who has the understanding of ADHD or anxiety that he possesses. He is a true gentleman. Nova Scotia is very fortunate that he continues serve us.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2008

You would be better off going to see a Veternarian than to be saddled down with this nut bar! He is rude, self absorbed and personally I felt he could care less about the patient and really concerned with how many patient contact forms he could show at the end of the month - to get that big fat paycheck! He really needs to help his patients by STOP WORKING and retire. Probably alot of people would be far better off if he was out of the system.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2008

Dr. Garvey was consistently late for my appointments. Sometimes as late as 45 minutes because "he was playing his banjo by the river." It made me feel unimportant. I also found him dismissive of many my complaints. I found he easily prescribed medication that helped with my acute anxiety but failed to be interested in the reason for it. For years I have been prescribed antidepressants with not much further investigation. I feel that had Dr. Garvey taken the time to investigate my situation more thoroughly, I would of long ago been on my way to good mental/physical health.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2008