Ratings for Dr. Gena Marshall

The worst doctor I have encountered in my 68 years .If you have read this far believe me I am in total agreement with others about her mannerisms and knowledge ! I even think she must have had some friends of hers put in the good reviews which are very few! Told me at one appt that if I couldn't feel my anterior parts at anytime to go to emergency right away! No explanation and no answer when I asked why as I wasn't there to see her about any internal bowel problems ?? I think she has a light that's burned out and should not have a license to practice medicine !!!!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

This doctor has caused me a lifetime of distress. I have no more words...UGH! :(

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

OMG! Dr. Marshall needs to remove herself from practicing and get some medical attention herself! I waited yesterday for over 3 hours to get in for a prescription refill. The waiting room was beyond full, and she was walking back and forth down the hall really doing nothing, stops and gets pizza, which she rudely stops in front of the waiting room to eat. Then proceeds to go into a back room and look out the window for a few minutes. This is not acceptable. Her behavior concerns me! She then comes out to look at a sign the receptionist placed on the counter while she was away for lunch, and Dr. Marshall reads it out loud in front of everyone who is waiting to see her. When I finally got into see her she is not stable. Her whole mannerism is shaky and unfocused, even seemed confused at what she was suppose to be doing. This doctor needs to be investigated for the safety of many innocent people who put their faith in her!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

My last visit left me absolutely livid. I had booked an appointment for 330 and it was well after 6pm that I was finally seen. All the reception staff and other doctors had gone home by that point. I needed a prescription renewal for my psoriasis cream so I had no choice but to wait. When I finally got in, she cut me off while I was telling her why I was there and that I had a question that was unrelated. She refused to give me the prescription unless I could tell her the exact name, even though it was in my file that was open in front of her. When I finally got my prescription, I tried to ask my question and she lost it on me. It was a simple yes or no question - does she do children's vaccinations (because where I'm from in Alberta GP'so don't) - once she allowed me to ask it her mood changed and she seemed fine again. I have seen her 4 times and nothe one visit has been on time or decent, but this was by far the worst experience I have ever had with any doctor

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

This doctor is awful! When I first saw her before I had my children I didn't really have any medical issues, so I barely saw her. I just had two children back to back. She has no idea who I am whenever I go, (I'm there non stop with my babies, i.e. vaccinations, sickness etc). I usually wait 2hrs and up to see her. She only will discuss one issue per visit, always wants me to book for next week if I want something else addressed. Does not want you to talk when she's documenting. She always seems flustered whenever I see her. Today I witnessed her flat out blame the ward clerks for something that was obviously her fault and had no problem yelling it out for all the waiting room to hear. She is not helpful at all and will not deal with issues. I became ill while pregnant with my second baby (last summer) and was in emergency. once they discharged me it had been known they wanted me to have surgery, I went to Dr. Marshall to ask her opinion. She said she wouldn't know anything about that, which is fair, but refused to call obstetrics to ask them if the procedure was safe. She does not do prenatal care so anything she could pass the buck on she will. Before my referral went through to the iwk I had also contacted her to examine me about an issue, and she told me on the phone she does not do prenatal care, so she pretty much left me hanging. Thank god the physician who saw me at the iwk was the same one who delivered my first child. If I could see her I would but she unfortunately is trying to retire and not taking any new pts. I personally find DR. Marshall very flat, and never is supportive or gives information that is reassuring. As hard as it is to find a doctor in this city as I do I will be leaving. Today I waited 2hrs to get my son's scheduled vaccinations. The appt itself should only be 15mins, I don't know what she does when she leaves you in her office but I can honestly say I was in her room for longer than that. No wonder she can only deal with one issue at a time, she doesn't know how to time manage. I can't even rate her because she is sub par and below the rating system on this page.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

She is more like a money maker than a doctor ! Although I have difficulty walking sent me for like x-rays on five different occasions with instructions to make a follow-up the next week! She shows no compassion and actually has little knowledge of pain control . I do not trust her as I have found out she blatantly lied to my face about one issue ! She needs to be reviewed by the College of Physicians and Surgeons ! I and my family are trying to find another doctor which seems impossible in Halifax !

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

Been a patient for 16yrs with Dr Marshall. Started noticing strange behaviour this past couple years from her. Shes never been an overly pleasant woman. My visits have always been short non serious appts. Now that I have children i am seriously looking for a new physician. Her behaviour has me concerned. Shes extremely odd and I question her competency these days. She needs to be evaluated by NS college of physicians and surgeons.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

I have to wait 1+ hours to see her every time. She clearly gets paid per appointment as she fills her day up to the brim and lets her appointments spill over. She knows she wont lose out on any money as her patients don't have a choice but wait to see her. She is harsh, and not compassionate at all. She also very obviously see's her patients as complainers. Go to a walk in clinic - you will get better service. There is a reason she always has spaces available for new patients!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

I wish I read these reviews before I took my 84 yr old mother to her. Not only is she bad in just about everything that I have witnessed but to only talk about one issue per visit for a lady on a walker is unbelievable. Hope she happy to make a few extra dollars for making these people come back. Please do yourself a favour and stay away. I guess she has some patients as Drs are at a shortage.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Today was the last straw . I have been seeing this doctor for approx 1 year and always dreaded going knowing full well I will be treated like an inconvenience . My appointment was at 11:00 and at 2:00 pm I finally got in . Everything I said to her elicited a rude reply on her part . She was laughing inappropriate manner at times and then would snap rude comments at other times . As a health professional myself I have never dealt with such unprofessional behaviour . I will never go back to her again . I feel it would be much better to go to a walkin clinic than expose myself to this again . I was told by staff to report her tardiness to her administrator as the other doctors are on schedule.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016