Ratings for Dr. Gena Marshall

Have gone to this doctor for some time now. Always professional and helpful. One of her staff has issues with inputting appointments in their computer system for on three different occasions I have called a day in advance to confirm appointments only to be told no such appointment were listed in the system - I can prove that I called in previously to make the appointments and was given the dates/times by a lady on her staff - still they corrected all and fit me in quickly. Again this Doctor has always been professional and helpful.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Went to Dr Marshall for a few years, never felt comfortable talking to her, she always wanted to split up appointments and wouldn't talk about more than one issue at a time so I had to make more than one apt if I had a few concerns to talk to her about, which was really difficult because I lived outside of the city and couldn't drive so I had to get my mother to drive me in each time and it ended up being very inconvenient. When I said that I wanted to go on birth control she asked me what kind my friends were on--and that it how she decided what to put me on, she then didn't explain a single thing about the medication to me and rushed me out and thankfully the pharmacist told me everything I needed to know. I am so happy that I have found a new doctor and no longer need to see her. She also treated my brothers wart completely the wrong way and made it so much worse.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

My young daughters have been patients of Dr Marshall for nearly a year now, and they love her. She is very sweet to them, and genuinely wants to help them. We never feel rushed when we are in speaking with her. Her receptionists are lovely, and we've been fortunate that she's almost always been on time. :)

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

I thought that because I had finally found a female doctor all of my prayers were answered! I have had a very specific history of medical conditions, but rather than consult with my previous family doctor (who has been looking after me for the past 30 years), she insisted on writing me a prescription for something else (and denied me the administration of very standard medical testing)! She writes prescriptions without listening at all, which is worrisome. After a handful of visits I am done with her office. I am done with having incorrect medication arbitrarily thrown at me.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Awful awful. I've been going to Dr. Marshall since I was born and I haven't had a SINGLE good experience out of her and neither has anyone else in my family. I'm now in the process of finding somewhere else for me and my mother. Does not care at all, will not talk about more than one problem or question no matter how small, she forgets to sign important documents, she doesn't do important paperwork, and doesn't have a single caring bone in her body. Without any kids she has no idea how kids work or how to treat them. I have an anxiety disorder and my mom still went in with me until I was 16, after that I remember her making fun of me for FINALLY being able to be there alone, on top of that she's constantly making remarks on how she thinks I'm very promiscuous (not the case at all of course). She will either throw any medication at you without a thought or she'll not give you the medication you need no matter how badly you need it. This woman is crazy, honestly. The ONLY reason I gave her 2 stars on punctuality and staff was because when she changed offices i actually got into her office within 5 minutes of my appointment time for the first time in ever. usually its about a 45 min to an hour wait. The receptionist is a fair amount nicer than at her other office. Awful woman, I have no idea how she's still in practice, never helped me.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

If you want an easy prescription from a doctor who doesn't seem to know or care about what she's prescribing, go to see Dr. Marshall!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Uncaring, unsympathetic, rude. In it for the money. Over-booked every single day. Average wait is one hour. I have dealt with hundreds of doctors as my daughter is special needs. This is the ONLY doctor I am complaining about. No commitment, no sympathy. In it for the money. Books as many appointments as legally permitted probably. Charges $50/page to fill out a form, even on pages that only need a checkmark. If you are considering going to this doctor, RECONSIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

!!! Is anyone from the Health Authority reading all the negative reports on this physician and if so, please check her medical and physical competency to practice family medicine !!!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Marshall's for over 5 years now. I find her to be efficient and knowledgeable in a non-nonsense kind of manner. With respect to punctuality issues, the trick is that you have to book her first thing in the morning, then you are get in about 30-40 mins late. She seems to book her appointments even earlier than when she gets in so she is always going to track late. Your perception of her and her treatment is going to vary based on how much you value bedside manner and what you are going to see her for. Flu shots, medication shots for travelling, and prescriptions - excellent. Pap exams and vague undiagnosed mental illness stuff - not so much. Whenever I need a laugh, I read these reviews. :)

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

I have been going to see Dr. Marshall for a Number of Years now but I think that's about to Change.Dr.Marshall is now Associated with Family Practice it took Me Two Days and Multiple Phone Calls and long Waiting Times to get an Answer just to hear that She was over Booked because of the Holiday,My Pharmacist now has to send Me in a Few Days worth of My High Blood Pressure Meds to hold Me over until I can go to Her and get a Refill,it was Requested by Family Practice that She Faxed over My Prescription to My Pharmacist and they can just Deliver it to Me Due to having a Disease in My Legs and it is hard for Me to get around,She then Faxed back Stating that if I want My Meds I HAVE TO come in .Nice,She's more Worried about getting Paid then She is Her Patients! Then I found out that She is now Located in the Gladstone Building on North Street so Instead of Sending out Letters to Her Patients She let People find out themselves,What if I or Someone Else was in the Area of Her Old Practice and Decided to make an Appointment in Person then Discovered She wasn't there anymore? I Think I may be Done with Her hopefully not every Doctor in Halifax is Associated with Family Practice because there's going to be a lot of Angry People out there.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015