Ratings for Dr. Gena Marshall

Today was the last straw . I have been seeing this doctor for approx 1 year and always dreaded going knowing full well I will be treated like an inconvenience . My appointment was at 11:00 and at 2:00 pm I finally got in . Everything I said to her elicited a rude reply on her part . She was laughing inappropriate manner at times and then would snap rude comments at other times . As a health professional myself I have never dealt with such unprofessional behaviour . I will never go back to her again . I feel it would be much better to go to a walkin clinic than expose myself to this again . I was told by staff to report her tardiness to her administrator as the other doctors are on schedule.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Dr.Gena Marshall is a caring Dr. Who is over worked, I can't say that her staff are great as they would rather talk about who and what then make small talk with PT. I am glad to have her as my family.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

This woman should not be a doctor. I am a medical professional myself and I can't believe the way she conducts herself that she was made a part of this practice let alone practice medicine. She is horribly rude and will rush you out after prescribing unnecessary medication for the ONE issue she can spare her precious time to address. I even told the receptionists when I booked that I had 2 issues to discuss with her and asked for a longer appointment and she was so rude to me telling me that she makes the final decision and I will have to re book. I would rather go to walk in clinics or emerg. than have to deal with this wretched 'doctor' ever again.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

Never ever on time. Never rememberseen who I am or what my previous history was. Seriously. How hard is it to look at the last visit page in a medical file as a refresher? One issue per visit Used to be very difficult as I lived over an hour away. Not once but twice she has forgotten to fill out blood work forms and hand out meds like candy. The move to the conglomerate of doctors was a bad one. I go to walk in docs whenever possible.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

I wish I could give her zero stars. Waited one and a half hours to have her talk over me, not listen to my description of my health issue, and talk over me for five minutes before giving up on the issue and rushing me out. She acted like it was a huge inconvenience to her to have to see me. Condescending, rude, unbelievable. I am done with this family doctor. I will be going to walk-in clinics until I can find a new doctor. I can't believe it took me so long to come to this decision.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Have gone to this doctor for some time now. Always professional and helpful. One of her staff has issues with inputting appointments in their computer system for on three different occasions I have called a day in advance to confirm appointments only to be told no such appointment were listed in the system - I can prove that I called in previously to make the appointments and was given the dates/times by a lady on her staff - still they corrected all and fit me in quickly. Again this Doctor has always been professional and helpful.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Went to Dr Marshall for a few years, never felt comfortable talking to her, she always wanted to split up appointments and wouldn't talk about more than one issue at a time so I had to make more than one apt if I had a few concerns to talk to her about, which was really difficult because I lived outside of the city and couldn't drive so I had to get my mother to drive me in each time and it ended up being very inconvenient. When I said that I wanted to go on birth control she asked me what kind my friends were on--and that it how she decided what to put me on, she then didn't explain a single thing about the medication to me and rushed me out and thankfully the pharmacist told me everything I needed to know. I am so happy that I have found a new doctor and no longer need to see her. She also treated my brothers wart completely the wrong way and made it so much worse.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

My young daughters have been patients of Dr Marshall for nearly a year now, and they love her. She is very sweet to them, and genuinely wants to help them. We never feel rushed when we are in speaking with her. Her receptionists are lovely, and we've been fortunate that she's almost always been on time. :)

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

I thought that because I had finally found a female doctor all of my prayers were answered! I have had a very specific history of medical conditions, but rather than consult with my previous family doctor (who has been looking after me for the past 30 years), she insisted on writing me a prescription for something else (and denied me the administration of very standard medical testing)! She writes prescriptions without listening at all, which is worrisome. After a handful of visits I am done with her office. I am done with having incorrect medication arbitrarily thrown at me.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Awful awful. I've been going to Dr. Marshall since I was born and I haven't had a SINGLE good experience out of her and neither has anyone else in my family. I'm now in the process of finding somewhere else for me and my mother. Does not care at all, will not talk about more than one problem or question no matter how small, she forgets to sign important documents, she doesn't do important paperwork, and doesn't have a single caring bone in her body. Without any kids she has no idea how kids work or how to treat them. I have an anxiety disorder and my mom still went in with me until I was 16, after that I remember her making fun of me for FINALLY being able to be there alone, on top of that she's constantly making remarks on how she thinks I'm very promiscuous (not the case at all of course). She will either throw any medication at you without a thought or she'll not give you the medication you need no matter how badly you need it. This woman is crazy, honestly. The ONLY reason I gave her 2 stars on punctuality and staff was because when she changed offices i actually got into her office within 5 minutes of my appointment time for the first time in ever. usually its about a 45 min to an hour wait. The receptionist is a fair amount nicer than at her other office. Awful woman, I have no idea how she's still in practice, never helped me.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016