You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Gena Marshall

Awful awful. I've been going to Dr. Marshall since I was born and I haven't had a SINGLE good experience out of her and neither has anyone else in my family. I'm now in the process of finding somewhere else for me and my mother. Does not care at all, will not talk about more than one problem or question no matter how small, she forgets to sign important documents, she doesn't do important paperwork, and doesn't have a single caring bone in her body. Without any kids she has no idea how kids work or how to treat them. I have an anxiety disorder and my mom still went in with me until I was 16, after that I remember her making fun of me for FINALLY being able to be there alone, on top of that she's constantly making remarks on how she thinks I'm very promiscuous (not the case at all of course). She will either throw any medication at you without a thought or she'll not give you the medication you need no matter how badly you need it. This woman is crazy, honestly. The ONLY reason I gave her 2 stars on punctuality and staff was because when she changed offices i actually got into her office within 5 minutes of my appointment time for the first time in ever. usually its about a 45 min to an hour wait. The receptionist is a fair amount nicer than at her other office. Awful woman, I have no idea how she's still in practice, never helped me.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Uncaring, unsympathetic, rude. In it for the money. Over-booked every single day. Average wait is one hour. I have dealt with hundreds of doctors as my daughter is special needs. This is the ONLY doctor I am complaining about. No commitment, no sympathy. In it for the money. Books as many appointments as legally permitted probably. Charges $50/page to fill out a form, even on pages that only need a checkmark. If you are considering going to this doctor, RECONSIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

!!! Is anyone from the Health Authority reading all the negative reports on this physician and if so, please check her medical and physical competency to practice family medicine !!!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Marshall's for over 5 years now. I find her to be efficient and knowledgeable in a non-nonsense kind of manner. With respect to punctuality issues, the trick is that you have to book her first thing in the morning, then you are get in about 30-40 mins late. She seems to book her appointments even earlier than when she gets in so she is always going to track late. Your perception of her and her treatment is going to vary based on how much you value bedside manner and what you are going to see her for. Flu shots, medication shots for travelling, and prescriptions - excellent. Pap exams and vague undiagnosed mental illness stuff - not so much. Whenever I need a laugh, I read these reviews. :)

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

I have been going to see Dr. Marshall for a Number of Years now but I think that's about to Change.Dr.Marshall is now Associated with Family Practice it took Me Two Days and Multiple Phone Calls and long Waiting Times to get an Answer just to hear that She was over Booked because of the Holiday,My Pharmacist now has to send Me in a Few Days worth of My High Blood Pressure Meds to hold Me over until I can go to Her and get a Refill,it was Requested by Family Practice that She Faxed over My Prescription to My Pharmacist and they can just Deliver it to Me Due to having a Disease in My Legs and it is hard for Me to get around,She then Faxed back Stating that if I want My Meds I HAVE TO come in .Nice,She's more Worried about getting Paid then She is Her Patients! Then I found out that She is now Located in the Gladstone Building on North Street so Instead of Sending out Letters to Her Patients She let People find out themselves,What if I or Someone Else was in the Area of Her Old Practice and Decided to make an Appointment in Person then Discovered She wasn't there anymore? I Think I may be Done with Her hopefully not every Doctor in Halifax is Associated with Family Practice because there's going to be a lot of Angry People out there.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I have been a patient for some time and am surprised at the negative comments. She has always treated me with respect and provided good advice and service. I am not thinking of going anywhere else.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Dr. Marshall is not only rude to her patients, but very rude and belittling to her staff. She can not keep receptionist. Her demeaner is very unprofessional, disrespectful, and very unorganized. Her last receptionist was very kind and knew what she was doing and very organized, helpful. It is sad Dr. Marshall hired her knowing she was moving to Gladstone. It was wrong to hire such a great receptionist knowing she was moving. Run from this doctor. You as patients deserve better care and respect.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

I have never felt the need to review a physician before, but I have never encountered a doctor as rude, dismissive, condescending, unkempt, condescending and unprofessional and Gena Marshall. To reiterate what was stated in a previous rating, THIS WOMAN IS TERRIBLE. Also, HER STAFF IS TERRIBLE. She does not listen to her patients at all. She prescribed me the wrong vaccination, then proceeded, very rudely, to blame me for her mistake and lack of listening skills She has no respect for her patient’s time, always overbooks herself and I have always had to wait at least 2 hours for my scheduled appointment. Her receptionist is extremely rude, unprofessional; wear’s sweat clothes and sounds like she smokes 5 packs of cigarettes a day. Dr. Marshall does not listen to her patients at all. She always seems flustered, rushed and like you are an inconvenience to her. She looks like she just rolled out of bed every time I’ve seen her. She is incredibly rude and dismissive and will laugh at and questions or concerns you may have. She is money hungry and will not discuss more than 1 issue at a time, even if it is something simple. She will make you return for another appointment because she gets paid more. The use of a loud radio in the office for privacy is absolutely ridiculous. It is painstakingly loud and almost unbearable when having to endure 2+ hour wait times for scheduled appointments. If you are thinking about seeing Dr. Marshall, run, and run fast. I think that visiting my local veterinary would be a much more informative and pleasant experience. I have since found a new doctor who was opening her practice. I have not yet been to see her but I already know that she is going to be a 100X better than Dr. Marshall because there’s no way it can get any worse than her.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Marshall's for the last five years. Right from the beginning I never left feeling satisfied. Her answer to everything is to send me for blood work, the blood work comes back normal. Then she suggests sending me for more bloodwork to test for me more things, and if that comes back okay , we will talk about depression and anxiety. This happens every single visit. The last straw was when I was at her office in June 2015. As soon as I walked in, she was very rude and flustered.. She basically got mad at me for incorrect results that were sent from the lab. She threw her head down on the desk saying 'this is ridiculous'. Very unprofessional. She also won't explain anything. I asked her to tell me what the possible symptoms could be for a certain condition, and she told me I would have to get bloodwork to determine if we need to talk about. However, we won't be having that conversation, because I'm not going back and I'm tired of going for blood work.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Dr. Gena Marshall's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Awful awful. I've been going to Dr. Marshall since I was born and I haven't had a SINGLE good experience out of her and neither has anyone else in my family. I'..."

February 23, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "If you want an easy prescription from a doctor who doesn't seem to know or care about what she's prescribing, go to see Dr. Marshall!"

February 22, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Uncaring, unsympathetic, rude. In it for the money. Over-booked every single day. Average wait is one hour. I have dealt with hundreds of doctors as my daug..."

January 18, 2016
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "!!! Is anyone from the Health Authority reading all the negative reports on this physician and if so, please check her medical and physical competency to pract..."

December 28, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Marshall's for over 5 years now. I find her to be efficient and knowledgeable in a non-nonsense kind of manner. With respect to p..."

December 11, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to see Dr. Marshall for a Number of Years now but I think that's about to Change.Dr.Marshall is now Associated with Family Practice it took M..."

November 5, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient for some time and am surprised at the negative comments. She has always treated me with respect and provided good advice and service. I am..."

October 21, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Marshall is not only rude to her patients, but very rude and belittling to her staff. She can not keep receptionist. Her demeaner is very unprofessional, d..."

September 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have never felt the need to review a physician before, but I have never encountered a doctor as rude, dismissive, condescending, unkempt, condescending and un..."

August 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Marshall's for the last five years. Right from the beginning I never left feeling satisfied. Her answer to everything is to send m..."

July 16, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Please add to all the negative reviews that the secretary keeps changing. There is no feeling of continuity. I am very disappointed with her. In fact I have..."

July 8, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "THIS WOMAN IS TERRIBLE. Save your time, go to a witch doctor. She accuses me of lying, and for over two years, the least amount of time I have waited for my ..."

July 6, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Gena Marshall for 12 years now. The older I get, the more unsatisfied that I am. I have been to her countless of times about pain f..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Over prescribes medications that exacerbates the medical issues and in fact may be contraindicated. Allows old prescriptions to continue to the point of addic..."

March 11, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I moved to Halifax 2 years ago and have been a patient of Dr. marshall's ever since. I came to this site with interest of reading other people's experiences wi..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "It took me a long time to decide to write this. After reading the reviews here i see i am not the only one. If this sytem allowed a 0 that is what i would give...."

February 22, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Marshall seems to be a non-nonsense Dr. and gets down to business fast. I like that in a Dr. I do not have to be coddled. I just need medical advice. I ..."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Should not be a doctor and should be banned from the profession .She is the rudest piece of doo doo I EVER met. She has major problems and I would have liked ..."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I've never used this site before but it's interesting to read the experience of others. I had Dr Marshall when I first moved to Halifax, was referred by my best..."

January 17, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Normally I would only take the time to provide feedback on a Dr that was of the positive variety however, in the case of Dr Marshall I simply can not. I inherit..."

December 20, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "In the past, I had taken time to rate the Drs I've had who deserved a positive review. I thought long and hard before writing something negative, but I hope y..."

December 15, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Marshall's for a few years now. I sometimes wonder if she is going through some sort of personal crisis. She seems disconnected, f..."

October 23, 2014