Ratings for Dr. Lorne Hurst

I have a very rare condition called Melkersson Rosenthal Syndrome or Orofacial Granulomatosis or Granulomatous Cheilitis. For most people who experience these symptoms, it can take them years to get a diagnosis, seeing specialist after specialist, with nobody believing them and many misdiagnoses and useless treatments. Dr Hurst was the first dermatologist I saw after being referred by a family doctor (and the third doctor total) and he took about two minutes to clinically diagnose me. After having sudden unexplained symptoms for over a year, it was such a relief to meet a doctor who didn’t go “huh, that IS weird”. Dr Hurst has been friendly and helpful, allowed me to participate in guiding my own treatment choices, and the treatment course we chose has helped so much! Thanks to him my mouth won’t be lopsided at my wedding this month, and I no longer have frequent disfiguring swelling. While this condition typically lasts for 5-10 years, so my symptoms aren’t gone, they are well-managed. He’s not a miracle-worker but he’s helped me be more comfortable physically, and happier with my appearance!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018

I had such a positive experience with Dr Hurst and his staff. The receptionist was extremely helpful. Dr Hurst listened to my questions and provided valuable information. It was such a relief that he found a diagnosis and he explained the best course of action. I would highly recommend him. He was personable and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2018

I have recently seem Dr Hurst, after seeing multiple specialist with different diagnosis. I have to say Dr. Hurst actually took the time to listen to me and heard all my concerns and questions. Dr. Hurst has even gone as far as to request all the test result from all the other specialist, to have in one place. Dr. Hurst included me in every aspect of my appointment. Dr. Hurst got me in to a CT Scan within a week and made another followup appointment 2 days after my CT to discuss the findings. I finally have some hope that maybe I will get some answers and possible a proper treatment. Thank you Dr. Lorne Hurst, you will never truly know how grateful I am.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2018

There seems to be 2 extremes in the ratings. I won't say much except to say my rating should be less that 1 star. All the bad reviews were my experience. Rude , arrogant, not helpful, proud of his dictation device.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2018

Rude and condescending! Not thorough at all! He minimized my concerns even though I had a doctor's referral. He made me feel like I was wasting his time. Well sir! You wasted mine! I will not be back!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

I had a very positive experience with Dr Hurst. I found him to be very informative, and knowledgeable . I went in for a procedure, and was out in no time at all, with absolutely no pain or discomfort. He definitely knows his stuff. I also had some unrelated questions that he was more than happy to answer.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Extremely rude, disrespectful and not personable. He seems annoyed and gets frustrated if you have any questions or concerns. Explains everything in terms you don’t understand purposely and likes to belittle people. Do not recommend this doctor

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

I had a great experience with Dr Hurst. I was referred by my gp after having a few spots removed and being told that they were “very close” to being cancer. Dr Hurst took the time to show me all the biopsy results from all previous spots I had removed and explain all the terminology. He gave me a thorough check and explained how and why my gp was wrong. He also gave me a follow up appointment to biopsy something he said was probably fine, but would, for my peace of mind. He was friendly and alleviated a lot of anxiety and stress.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

I felt the need to write a review due to the others I’ve read prior to seeing Dr.Hurst. I found him to be informative, respectful, and personable. He took the time necessary to fully explain anything I needed. I am very happy with the experience.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

I can not say a bad thing about my experience with Dr. Hurst. I had a biopsy done, in an out very quickly. He was very professional and walked me thru the process start to finish. He made me feel very comfortable. I did not experience any discomfort what so ever. He was great!!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018