Ratings for Dr. Richard N. Kishner

It saddens me to read such negative reviews of Dr. Kishner. I am so very sorry. It is like I see an entirely different person than the one so poorly reviewed. I have been with him for about 10 years and he saved me. He has always been very candid, caring, and honest. He always asks how I am feeling and answers all of my questions. He treats my husband respectfully and recognizes that he too cares about my well-being and has questions. I had been treated by three different neurologists, one being coined "the best" in movement disorders in a highly acclaimed medical facility, over a four year period and my condition just exacerbated. Though my condition is incurable and treatment can be unpleasant, I am so grateful for Dr. Kishner and his staff.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

I really wish I could give a critique of this Dr, however THEY noted the wrong time of appointment and never called to confirm. My 17 yr old daughter, with my husband suffering dementia arrived at 12:15 for what they said should be been 12pm and refused to see him. Not only this, but all but refused to speak with me over the phone, preferring to intimidate a 17 yr old girl who was only there trying to get help for her father. The utmost unprofessional office I have ever even heard of. If I had not been 2 hrs away, I would probably be in jail right now over the way my daughter was spoken too. If the staff is in any way a reflection of the Dr, the prior ratings here so not surprise me in the least.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Scientific protocol was not incorporated in D.x of patient. Don't recommend. At all.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

He is incompetent. His only goal is to have you as a patient for the rest of your life and not give you the quality of life you used to have. Do not go to him. He could not diagnose me and told me that I would be in pain for the rest of my life. I refused to believe that, so I went to get a second opinion and was diagnosed correctly. I had surgery and I am pain free and do not take any medications. Dr. Kishner told me that I would have to go to him in a monthly basis to renew a prescription for my nerve damage. HE WAS SO WRONG!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Dr. Kishner is the worst physician I have ever encountered. He is divisive and destructive, making the caregiver out to be the bad guy. I highly recommend avoiding this provider at all costs.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

I have a movement disorder called cervical dystonia that I've had since 2001. I saw Dr Kishner in 2012 to ask him to fill out disability paperwork for social security disability. Other than botox shots to stop the continuous involuntary movement of my neck and muscle relaxers there is not much that can be done for this disease. My first contact with Dr Kishner was in 2007. When I asked for assistance in filling out the paperwork to support my claim for disability the Dr told me "we don't do that here you'll have to go to a disability Dr". How insane is that statement ? A neurologist is a specialist who is an expert in his or her field. The old saying it's not what you say it's how you say it is very appropriate in this instance. Wow no compassion what so ever. I without a doubt felt like a number and that I was a disease and not a fellow human being. No wonder it's common practice to take your picture for the Dr's laptop, if you're lucky that might help in remembering you

flag | Submitted January 26, 2013

I have seen MANY neurologists and had many MRI's and tests in the past. Dr Kishner was the FIRST doctor to actually look at my MRI films, LISTEN to me, and put this puzzle together. He was caring, and thorough. He even sent my MRI pics to a neuroradiologist to make sure before he gave me a diagnosis. I would HIGHLY recommend him to my family and friends!!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012

Without a doubt, and I've unfortunately had a lot of experience due to family illnesses, the most miserable, unsympathetic, unhelpful, inept, couldn't care less, definition of what is wrong with medicine today. He is supposedly a Parkinson's doctor who we saw because my mother had a bad fall with neurological problems. So you think this individual would show some understanding when she kindly tells him that she was the sole caretaker of my father who had Parkinson's for 15 years before he passed. Not even an "I'm sorry to hear that". We brought MRIs he asked us to have done. When I went to give them to him, he didn't want to see them and said he had a report. NEVER GO TO A DOCTOR WHO DOES NOT WANT TO SEE RADIOLOGY FILMS HIM OR HERSELF IT JUST MEANS THEY ARE LAZY OR INEPT OR COULDN'T CARE LESS. I went to complain to the office manager and she was kind enough to get my mom an appt w/another doctor in the practice who is supposedly the polar opposite of this lowlife. I certainly hope so

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

Dr. Richard N. Kishner's Credentials

• Univ Of The Witwatersrand, Med Sch, Johannesburg, So Africa (Grad. 1977)