Ratings for Dr. Douglas E. Weiner

As commonly found in other reviews, Dr. Weiner is an excellent doctor, but unfortunately, his staffing choices are going to ruin his practice. They are unprofessional, unhelpful, unknowledgeable and completely unqualified for the job at hand. Every contact point is met with rude, careless disregard. Every time I leave his office, I swear that it will be the last time, but I've tried to put up with it because of how I feel about Dr. Weiner. After my experience with them yesterday, I simply refuse to put up with them again. Yesterday I was beginning an asthma attack and called the office to try and get an appointment right away, they put me on an extended hold, then just hung up. I called back, was put on an even longer hold, but they finally picked up. I explained my situation and asked for an urgent appointment. It was clear that I was even having difficulty speaking at this point, but was coldly told "The Dr has meetings, I dunno if it's possible". I asked if it was possible to see him after his meetings. She told me that she'd call me after his last meeting at 2pm and let me know ... end of call. I wasn't expecting anybody to risk their life for an appointment, I wasn't even expecting sympathy, but I was expecting a "we'll do our best to squeeze you in today" ... and maybe a "if your symptoms get worse, you may consider going to the ER". It's been 24 hours and I still have not received a call back. They could have at least told me that an appointment just wasn't possible and to go to the hospital. I could have been stuck at home and died for all they know, but they simply couldn't care less, nor do they try to hide it. With the exception of Dr. Weiner, it's absolutely the worst group of people I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with. It's a tragedy that such an amazing doctor and his practice are represented by such miserable, thoughtless people. Like many others, I've begun my search for his replacement, sorry Dr. Weiner.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Similar to some of the other reviews I find his staff to be extremely rude and unprofessional. I think they have forgotten that they are talking to clients who are sick and are looking to be treated with kindness. I truly respect and trust dr Weiner. He has treated me extremely well, takes his time to explain thoroughly, and answers all of my questions. It's a shame that such a nice man has such an awful staff.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

The staff is terrible, everything u ask of them is a huge bother, dr weiner is very kind and sweet, but thats all, seems to never be available when you really need him, and when you aak questions u get alot of idont knows from him,

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

I think Dr. Weiner is one of the best physicians there is. When it comes to knowledge you know your in great hands. But most of all his bedside maner and his care for his patients are off the charts. I have been in the medical profession for a long time and he is by far the best. His staff is well trained and polite.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2010

Dr. Weiner is a fine physician: excellent diagnostician, thoughtful, generous, and is, most refreshingly, a listener. This is top-rated, exemplary group practice. However, there IS one particular staff member who is unbearably rude and seems to think she is "running the show." Disturbingly, many others on staff seem to be harried, bored, and unconcerned. If you can get past that, Dr. Weiner is very highly recommended. He is tops in his field.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

Office staff so rude it's impossible to use the doctor.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Dr. Douglas E. Weiner's Credentials

• French

• Boston Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02118 (Grad. 1984)