Ratings for Dr. Peter Petropolis

Been seeing Dr Peter since he took over Dr Napiers practice in approx 1985...a wonderful Dr. I wouldn't go to anyone else and wouldn't trust anyone else with my kids (except Dr Gina Burgess). Bev is a wonderful receptionist as well....

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

What can i say that the 100% rating above does already convey. Dr. P is the best in all facets of medical advice, treatment & over care. He has been my physician since he first began to practice medicine. Over the years I have felt privileged to have him care for my medical & health needs. At no time did he ever waver in his treatment & resolution of my medical needs. He is the Wayne Gretzy of Family Doctors in Halifax if not the entire region.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

Dr P. took care of my mother, delivered me, and has now delivered all three of my children. A true *family* doctor. He is so caring and never makes you feel rushed.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

Peter has been my doctor for 25+ years. He is very knowledgable and deals with issues on a common sense basis.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Has been our family physician for years. Always on time and very knowledgeable. Never feel rushed during appointments and can usually fit you in if it's a non critical emergency.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Terrible doctor,does not like to send patients for testing just likes to hand out pills,

Submitted February 18, 2013

Dr Pete has been our family Dr for 8 yrs and has been my wife's Dr for ~25. He has always been very helpful and is knowledgeable on the fairly wide range of issues we have brought to him: SCI, fertility, maternity, infections, etc. He is very balanced in terms of when he recommends doing something simple (e.g. rehab-type exercises or diet changes), prescribes something or refers you to a specialist. He also has a very good rapport with our 8 y.o. son and called us at home the couple of times we called his service after hours with a question when our son was 0-4 y.o. His secretary Bev can sometimes leave you feeling she is the gatekeeper but always gives us an option or offers to consult Dr Pete to see if he thinks he should squeeze us in to his appts. We're overall very happy with his service and manner and hope he keeps practicing for a long while.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

Dr. Peter Petropolis is a gem of a doctor. I am very fortunate to have him caring for my family. He always takes time to ask questions and understand the situation very clearly before making a judgement. He explains information in great detail and is very thorough in his testing and follow through. His bedside manner is gentle and caring. I have been his patient for nearly 20 years. Awesome doctor! Thanks Dr. P.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

Great doctor! Takes time to listen and doesn't try to overprescribe and rush on to the next patient. Dr. P knows the right questions to ask and also explains things thoroughly without sugar-coating them. Receptionist is not very helpful or polite (I feel she is a bit clueless on manners or maybe just doesn't care) and she can be downright rude. But Dr. P is great and I am so happy to have him as my doctor. I would recommend him to all ages/genders/etc.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2010

Excellent doctor. I've had many doctors in Halifax and he is definitely worth sticking with. Always knowledgeable, always upfront (I hate sugar coating), and always making sure there is nothing else you'd like to talk about (including personal issues not necessarily related to physical health). He also doesn't always jump for the prescription pad, he recommends exercises and natural remedies too.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2009