Ratings for Dr. Conrad Giles

Dr. Giles may have knowledge, but his bedside manner is awful. I normally overlook the curt, smart remarks that he consistently makes, but this time he went too far. He had issues with me asking questions regarding my son's eye. You wait in the waiting room for an extremely LONG time and then you feel rushed when you get in the back. He basically told me if I had to question his judgment then I could go elsewhere. A parent wants to feel OK with asking questions and not feel they will be reprimanded about it. I was given a pamphlet to go in the hallway and read to understand my child's condition. Then after surgery, the issue immediately reoccurred. Regardless of whatever vast knowledge Dr. Giles has, I will NEVER see him again.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Dr. Giles is a great doctor. He was willing to help me with my eyes as a baby when no other doctor would. There may be long waits at his office, but he spends a fair amount of time with each patient, making sure they are well cared for.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

he is a bit gruff but what he lacks in sparkling personality he makes up for in knowledge. my son has been seeing him for the last 3 years, starting when he was just 11 months old. we are very happy with his diagnosis and results from surgery/exams.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

He's not a very talkative doctor, and not very empathetic, but he knows his job! He's been my son's doctor for the past 14 years, and I am glad we found him. Thank you! I really recomend him. I don't know why there are so many negative reviews.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2010

I am kind of surprised with all the negative reviews on Dr. Giles. Because of him I think I am walking fine today. I had gone to him the first time in 1997 with complaint of double vision, he had almost instantly realized the tumor behind my eyes and had saved me from its effects. I continually go to him for any of my eye needs, and have found him always pleasant to work with. The wait is definatenly long, especially with the dilation of the eye drops but thats because dr. Giles is more thorough then regular eye doctors (he is of course a specialist). Also, I have found that Dr. Giles is a little short on empathy with pain, but he makes up for it with the vast amount of knowledge about eyes.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2008

Worst experience I've had with a physician. Even though this took place 18 years ago, I remember it very well. I took my 5 y/o daughter to see him. Waited 2 hours in a waiting room with no diversions for children, even tho he's a pediatric ophth. When we saw him, he was rushed, and although my daughter was quietly sucking her thumb, he insisted I restrain her arms behind her back for the exam. She went from quietly sucking her thumb, to crying hysterically. I was upset with myself for listening to him. I know my daughter better. He told me she would need glasses within five years. This is 18 years later and she is the only one, in my family of five, who does not wear glasses. I have nothing good to say about this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2007

Outstanding professional great and caring physician

flag | Submitted June 22, 2007

One of the worst Ophthalmologists.Impersonal, Tardy and Unprofessional. Plenty of other qualfied physicians who are more current with newer treatments.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2006

Horrible. Woulnd't answer my questions - insturcted me to 'watch a video.' I will never return. BEWARE!!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2006

I was told by Dr. Giles my daughter needed surgery to correct an eye muscle. We then went to 2 other pediatric surgeons, and was told by both, surgery was not necessary. Beware.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2006

Dr. Conrad Giles's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1957)

Top Hospitals in Bingham Farms, MI