Ratings for Dr. Wayne G. Riskin

I have been a patient of Dr Riskin for many years (at lease 15) and found him to be friendly, helpful and extremely capable in controlling the pain I suffer from my bursitis. I have used other doctors in the past without anywhere near the success achieved with his treatment. The one exception being the doctor who trained him after medical school.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

My dentist office called Dr. Riskin's office for verification that it was safe for me to take an antibiotic because I take several RA medicines. Dr. Riskin's staff/or the doctor himself refused to verify it was safe, though the doctor himself prescribed one for me a couple of years ago. The staff told my dentist I needed to make an appointment! Fortunately, I just asked my primary to verify it was ok, which he did, but it is amazing the lengths this office will go to just to drum up more business. Apparently being a patient for over eight years means nothing to them. I do not recommend this office.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Riskin's for over ten years. Recently, I needed a short, simple form signed by either the doctor or the nurse practitioner. I was told by the staff on two separate occasions (including by the office manager) that I had to make an appointment to see the doctor to get the form signed (or even rejected, should that be the Doctor's decision.) They never even suggested leaving it for the doctor to look at when convenient. I did not need to see the doctor medically and was not going to waste the doctor's or my time, or the $50 copay I am charged for a visit. All the staff cares about is making money, not patient concerns. They were never nice during this situation. I WAS going to see the DR. for my regular visit in two months, anyway. Not sure if the Dr. was aware of any of this, but FYI, it usually takes over 45 minutes PAST your appt. time to see the him. He does listen and offer helpful advice sometimes, but beware if you need any help from the staff.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2013

Dr. Wayne G. Riskin's Credentials

• Creole

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)

MSP/BC Med