Ratings for Dr. CARLOS A. Medina

Although Dr. Medina comes with strong credentials, he failed me miserably. I had a large fibroid that provoked a cystocele. He advised for me to undergo a full hysterectomy even though there was no evidence of malignancy, as he removed the fibroid and repaired the cystocele. In a panic I agreed. In a few months the cystocele was present again. A second attempt to repair it left me with a rectocele, which has taken me 2 years to gather enough fortitude to address. Dr. Medina failed to mention that the risk of pelvic organ prolapse increases after a hysterectomy, particularly if organ prolapse repair had occurred. For two years I've been managing the horrid consequences of Dr. Medina's "fixes". I'm in pain and discomfort as a result of his care. Before my hysterectomy I was not incontinent. I'm incontinent now. Anyone who is advised a hysterectomy just based on age should really consider the impairment that may result. I wish I had known better.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

Dr. CARLOS A. Medina's Credentials

• Ponce School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

MSP/BC Med