Ratings for Dr. Deborah S. White

I have mixed feelings about Dr. White. She is pleasant, but at times standoffish. She appears to be listening to me, however, she sometimes appears to doubt my ailments. I have waited in the exam room while I hear her talking to vendors in the hallway. That said, she has helped me in the past, but I feel I have to "prove" my case before she takes an interest. I'd much rather see Dr. Zuber.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

She is doctor in the classic sense - arrogant with no bedside manner. I showed up without an appointment because I was really sick and did not want to go to the emergency room. She saw me, but gave me an angry lecture about showing up without an appointment. If she did not want to see me, the staff could have told me that and I would have left...there is no need to lecture me like a child. As I left, I ask if her staff could call the prescription in, and she said no, they're too busy...in other words, your time is worth nothing, my staff's time is more important. Yet when I go to checkout and pay my copay, three staff members are busy chatting about their weekend. I wait, and wait, and finally ask for help and their response is "please be patient, we will be with you shortly" and the keep on chatting. The inmates are running this asylum. By the way, don't bother using their email system, they never respond.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2009

Dr. White is my PCP. I like that she is honest and tells you when she does not know something. I know for a fact that when she is given a problem she does go out of her way to find an answer. She is very prompt at returning calls to her patients and she answers emails promptly as well. On my first visit she sent me to two specialists. I made my appointments but before I had my first appointment I ended up being hospitalized. On my second day in the hospital she attended a lecture being given by one of the specialists she had referred me to. He came in to the hospital to see me on a weekend when he was not the neurologist on-call and told me she had stopped him to enquire about me. He informed me of this when he came to see me. She has a good heart but she is obviously new to the profession and will need a few more years to find her way. Her staff on the other hand need to learn professional behavior. They speak negatively about patients while the patient is within earshot.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2007

Dr. White is extremely good at contacting her patients- even if it is on her cell phone on the drive home. She is a caring person that really listens to your problems and has a technician to draw blood on the spot to find an answer for you as quickly as possible. However, she has not fully blossomed into a doctor that will take more aggressive tactics to figure out problems her patients face. There probably is a reluctance due to the complete mess that our insurance industry puts on young doctors to not run more tests and hospitalize their patients. If you tell her something is very, very wrong- she will send you to a specialist. This can take months-time that is very agonizing when you are sick.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2007

Although Dr. White gets patients in quickly and doesn't leave you waiting TOO long, I've found her knowledge a bit underwhelming. Both my husband and I use her and her general response to anything we bring to her is, "I don't know". I think I'll keep looking for another PCP. She's mostly good for writing scripts, although she won't renew them over the phone; you need to have an office visit.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2006

Dr. Deborah S. White's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1997)