Ratings for Dr. Karen Bailey

This Doctor is a horrible person, She also made an insinuation about my weight. Yes take the easy way out.... Suggest a hysterectomy. I would not recommend her to anyone. Weight obsessed is what she is.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

I would not recommend Dr Bailey. When I was younger I had primary amenorrhea. She told my mother and I that it was all in my head and that the pain I was having was period cramps. She was extremely dismissive. I have since seen another doctor who did a lap and quickly was diagnosed with endometriosis. She is a very arragont woman and made me feel very low about myself. I was 18 and essentially called a liar. I would not recommend Dr Bailey to anyone

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

Dr. Bailey is an amazing compassionate woman who I highly recommend for any lady problems. She definitely knows her stuff. I had a minor surgery at the HRH with her and she made me feel very comfortable from start to finish. Any appointments that I could not get a babysitter, she was very patient with my kids being in the room for pap appointments.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2018

Informative, warm and caring Doctor who is absolutely in the right profession. After seeing Dr. Bailey for a number of years and now bringing my daughter to her office - I could highly recommend her as gynecologist. My varied and regular experiences with Dr. Bailey over the last 10 years have always been honest and professional. I trust her to give me the best advice regarding my health!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

She awesome and amazing. I like her no BS manner and straight to the point!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

I was referred to Dr Bailey after having a failed IUD insertion - my body expelled it and it was unbelievably painful during the insertion as I have a very tiny cervical opening. I had heard she could do it under general in the HR hospital. She seemed kind and patient when I met her the first time. Before booking me in for the hospital, she tried to dilate my cervix in her office with no numbing or freezing, just "to see". Of course, it was horrifically painful. She agreed general anesthetic was best and booked me in. She weighed me and I did all the forms. Fast forward to the day of surgery, I had just returned from a vacation. I had overindulged slightly on the trip and was weighing about 10lbs more than what I weighed in her office. She walked over to me, as I lay on the operating room table, strapped down, and said, in front of all the OR staff, "We usually have our big girls see the anesthetist first." I was absolutely crushed and cried while they put me to sleep. I ended up waking up during the insertion and remember the searing pain between my legs and felt the breathing tube in my throat. The experience was absolutely horrible. Yes, I gained 10 lbs. I was certainly by no means obese. I wore a size 12 dress and I am very tall and broad. It could have been communicated in a more respectful manner. It was absolutely humiliating. The IUD rejected a week later and I was back to square one.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

This woman is horrible ....totally unprofessional mated me feel like I was 600lbs overweight and I'm not. Take the easy way recommend a hysterectomy . Would not recommend her to anyone!!!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

She is very funny and puts you at ease. She informed me of all my options and the pros and cons of each. I was given her opinion but ultimately allowed to make my own decision and explore the options. Thanks for giving me the power over my health and for making it as painless as possible.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Dr. Karen Bailey is the most classy ,caring doctor and surgeon I have ever had. She is reassuring on all questions and takes time to answer everything so I could understand. Dr. Bailey is a very busy lady, yet she came to the hospital every morning and afternoon to make sure I was well or if I had any more questions. I had a hysterectomy and under Dr.Bailey's care was feeling good enough to go home in well under 48 hours. Thank you for keeping this experience positive for me and my family.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

I found Dr. Bailey both personable and professional. Very lovely person and amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016