Ratings for Dr. Karen Bailey

I was referred to Dr Bailey after having a failed IUD insertion - my body expelled it and it was unbelievably painful during the insertion as I have a very tiny cervical opening. I had heard she could do it under general in the HR hospital. She seemed kind and patient when I met her the first time. Before booking me in for the hospital, she tried to dilate my cervix in her office with no numbing or freezing, just "to see". Of course, it was horrifically painful. She agreed general anesthetic was best and booked me in. She weighed me and I did all the forms. Fast forward to the day of surgery, I had just returned from a vacation. I had overindulged slightly on the trip and was weighing about 10lbs more than what I weighed in her office. She walked over to me, as I lay on the operating room table, strapped down, and said, in front of all the OR staff, "We usually have our big girls see the anesthetist first." I was absolutely crushed and cried while they put me to sleep. I ended up waking up during the insertion and remember the searing pain between my legs and felt the breathing tube in my throat. The experience was absolutely horrible. Yes, I gained 10 lbs. I was certainly by no means obese. I wore a size 12 dress and I am very tall and broad. It could have been communicated in a more respectful manner. It was absolutely humiliating. The IUD rejected a week later and I was back to square one.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

This woman is horrible ....totally unprofessional mated me feel like I was 600lbs overweight and I'm not. Take the easy way recommend a hysterectomy . Would not recommend her to anyone!!!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

She is very funny and puts you at ease. She informed me of all my options and the pros and cons of each. I was given her opinion but ultimately allowed to make my own decision and explore the options. Thanks for giving me the power over my health and for making it as painless as possible.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Dr. Karen Bailey is the most classy ,caring doctor and surgeon I have ever had. She is reassuring on all questions and takes time to answer everything so I could understand. Dr. Bailey is a very busy lady, yet she came to the hospital every morning and afternoon to make sure I was well or if I had any more questions. I had a hysterectomy and under Dr.Bailey's care was feeling good enough to go home in well under 48 hours. Thank you for keeping this experience positive for me and my family.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

I found Dr. Bailey both personable and professional. Very lovely person and amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING phone manner! During a very, very difficult time for my wife and myself. Absolutely no compassion shown and choice of words/phrases could not have been less proffesional. My rant is not limited to this forum, I will be looking into the chain of command to find out how doctors are taught to talk to people.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016

I absolutely trust Dr. Bailey. She is unbelievably smart and knows what is best. I had three c sections with her and I was very calm knowing she was my doctor.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

I had seen 10 doctors before I had seen Dr. Bailey. They all told me to get used to the fact that I would never have my own kids! I had an apt booked for fertility treatment. Dr Bailey is the only doctor that gave me a fighting chance with Stage 4 endometriosis, after having laproscopic surgery.. I now have 2 healthy children of my own and have only her to thank for giving me that chance!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr Bailey is HILARIOUS! She is very kind and understanding. After being to several doctors I was referred to her. One week after seeing her she had me booked in for surgery. She is quick and straight forward. She makes light of everything and my experience with her was nothing less than amazing. I would recommend her to anyone! I rated her staff low because the lady at the front doesn't seem like she wants to be there and is quite impatient. Once you're in the room and Dr Bailey sees you, you totally forget about the lady at the front anyways!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

Dr. Bailey preformed my first colposcopy as well as my second. Amazing bedside manner and made me feel extremely comfortable. When it came time to undergo my LEEP procedure I knew I was in great hands with Dr. Bailey. My recovery was great and I will be seeing her and only her for the rest of my feminine needs.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015