Ratings for Dr. Ian Weinstein

Dr. Weinstein treated my adult sister for years, but he and his office were totally unresponsive when she became very ill, eventually being admitted to the hospital and passing away. He never returned my urgent calls (I was authorized to represent her and had previously discussed her condition with him) and his staff provided contradictory information about his whereabouts and when he would return my emergency request for guidance and for him to contact the treating physician. After she passed away, he did not acknowledge his and his staff's issues and lack of concern for a human being who was his patient. I reported him to the FL Board of Medicine. Do NOT see this doctor; his license should be revoked.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

I think this doctor is really brilliant, however the office staff is one of the worst I've ever experienced. They put you on hold when calling, disconnect your call, then rudely blame issues on patients. I've witnessed them yelling and screaming at elderly patients. I cannot understand why doctors in this practice allow this behavior by their staff to continue.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2014

Excellent, caring doctor. He went out of his way to make sure that all my questions were answered, and I ask a lot of questions. This is a doctor who combines knowledge with genuine concern for his patients. I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

Like the other reviewer, I had a terrible experience with this doctor. He is nice the first time but then very rude. He overlooked something on my labs and when I tried to question him he wouldn't take my call, etc. Just shameful. I went to him via Humana, which btw, is awful too. Humana doctors with the exception of a few are awful. Also, the wait time in this office is ridiculous.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

He seemed great on my first visit like he really cared. The next couple of visits he grew increasingly more rude and would not allow me the courtesy of completing a sentence to describe my full symptoms. If you dared to ask a question or attempt to suggest an alternate treatment he went as far as yell at me as if I were a child, interrupt me, and threaten to write something extremely damaging and untrue in my chart(which he did anyway when I asked why it was necessary for this kind of treatment merely for asking questions). The visit left my extremely hurt and upset with both me and my family trying to find out if we as patients have any legal recourse or advocates to help when a doctor puts blatantly false and defamatory info in your chart because they are merely angry that you had the audacity to question or disagree with them.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2009

Dr. Ian Weinstein's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1989)