Ratings for Dr. Graeme Bethune

Graeme is a great doctor, caring and companionate, the only drawback is his receptionist never answers the phone I now contact him by email

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

The barrier to entry - to get an appointment or speak to the doctor is the front office policy. His assistant is helpful and professional IF you can get her on the phone, but the constraints on when you can phone and when you can't are simply NOT helpful. An answering service for when she's not there would be VERY VERY HELPFUL. The only reason I still go there is because I like Dr. Bethune and we go back a long way.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Greatly reduced hours in recent years, only 12 hours per week (in scattered 2.5 or 1.5 hour chunks). Very difficult to contact as phone is only answered (maybe) during those few hours. No answering machine, and phone rings busy during much of the time when he is in the office. It's been noticed his receptionist gabs on the phone when his office is open. This should not be allowed. I have had to visit local clinics more frequently than I have seen him due to the difficulty in reaching him over the past several years. He is moving to a new location in July. Perhaps he will have a better receptionist and improved communications at that location. His caregiving seems sincere, but he tends to under-diagnose and has missed several important medical conditions I experienced. His usefulness comes in being an avenue for referrals to specialists and to prescriptions.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

Graeme is the best, I have been with him since he took over the practice from Dr.Cox, January 1971 I think it was, hate to see him retire. He is the best.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

He has been our family doctor since 1978. He delivered our 3 children. He is smart and humble enough to refer as needed. Our family have the highest regard and affection for him. He is a person of integrity. Endangered species for sure. We will be sorry when he retires.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2013

Dr Bethune should be reported to the Medical board. He has mis diagnosed my father twice. Most recently my father went to him complaining of chest pain and shortness of breath. Dr Bethune passed this off as acid reflux, which turned out to be angina/heart attacks. He didn't even send him for an ECG! My father ended up in emergency and was admitted right away and had a triple by pass. We have been told that he is lucky to be alive today. Dr Bethune is very difficult to get in touch with. He does not have an answering service and he seems to only have someone work part time hours to answer the phone. Even our pharmacist complains that he is difficult to get in touch with to answer questions about prescriptions. We have since switched Doctors.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Dr.Bethune is a great Doctor. I have been seeing him for years, he actually delivered me :) He is full of knowledge, but very overworked. Although his receptionist is very nice, I would replace her in a heartbeat, I can never get through on the phone, no answering machine, it gets very frusturating, I often give up and go see a duty doctor. This is really my only complaint about his office, actually I find that a lot of "paperwork" gets lost by the receptionist, or things just get forgotten about. He is wonderful though.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Excellent family doctor., very helpful and reassuring. Gets referrals if he does not know, but knows a lot.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2012

An excellent family doctor, compassionate and caring. Good at referrals if required.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2011

Doctor Bethune will take you in between appointments if need be. Very professional but terribly overworked and unabl eto handle current workload. Does not answer office phone, no answering machine and very unorganized. Poor communications, doesn not return calls etc

flag | Submitted June 17, 2011