Ratings for Dr. Howard F. Adams

Dr. Adams did an upper thigh liposuction on me, where he said he was only going to take 5 ml out. More must have been taken out and the job was uneven ( the left side did not look like the right side), and I got instant, permanent cellulitis, plus my butt dropped immediately after. I found out later, that in those days, all the fat used to be scrambled before the suction. A bad idea. I had only wanted him to take out fat from the emerging saddle bags, but he thought he should take some fat out from the bottom of my butt, which I did not find necessary. I liked my butt back then. I thought, that since he was a man and a doctor, he must know what he was doing. Not the case. I was also left with 4 ugly puncture wounds, as he had forgotten to tell me that the stiches had to be removed (my father thought they must be dissolvable since I was not told to come back to have them removed, unfortunately). I did insist with the secretary to let me come in, which she only allowed after a month, as his schedule was fully booked. He did a very painful removal of the stiches and offered to correct the unevenness. I asked him to tell me in which way he was going to fix it. He did not respond. I went in for my scheduled repair at the hospital, and I asked him again, in which way he was going to fix it, as he had started again to draw black lines on my thighs/butt, and also asked him from where he was going to take out more fat. I was afraid of an even worse outcome. As he gave no answer and acted frustrated, I refused the repair and got out of the operating place. I was 17 and fairly new in Canada, at the time. I was a tall, slim, female, with just a start of saddle bags. Looking back, I realised that all I needed was less sitting and more exercise only. He never advised that and preferred to take money from a 17 year old immigrant. I did ask him for the pictures he had originally taken of my butt/thighs before the operation, as I wanted to have the original look back somehow (by a different plastic surgeon). But, he claimed that he had lost those pictures and would not be able to give them to me. I realised that it was a lie. This was a little over 20 years ago. Evidently, must have learned from his butcherings and other errors. I did want those pictures back for a possible reconstruction. I never worked up the courage to risk it with another plastic surgeon again so I never had the problem fixed. Evidently, he must have learned from this horrible job he did, as he continues to do work, doing some pretty crappy from what I see in the reviews, and other work ok. I would NOT recommend this doctor as I do not think he has a good, accurate hand. So Dr. Adams, you must remember this experience! We both know that you are not that good, and hat you are a coward/liar. I am glad internet reviews exist today. Women, be careful!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Dr. Adams did excellent work. no scar, no problem at all

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Dr. Adams did excellent work. no scar, no problem at all

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Dr. Adams was great to me. I had a beast augmentation done in January 2016 and am happy with the results. He always made me feel comfortable and not embarrassed about my pre-op size/body. I would recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

I don't like to make negative comments but I would like to help people who are looking for advice. I've heard great reviews about Dr. Adams in some areas of his work, but if you are looking for a nose job I would continue looking. I had mine done 2 times by Dr. Adams and it still isn't good. I didn't want to keep messing with it so I decided to leave well enough alone. I do wish I would have researched a bit more and found another doctor.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Dr. Adams is a wonderful doctor, he did carpal tunnel surgery on my mom's right hand - she had let it go for 15 yrs and her hand was in very bad shape. From the very first visit to the post-op care, my mom couldn't have asked for a better more considerate doctor. He is really caring and has a very gentle manner with patients. It has been almost 7 months now and she has recover most of the sensation in her fingers.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

i am just 7 days post-op. and i could not be happier. Dr. Adams did a wonderful job. he went above and beyond. while operating on me he found a hernia, he repaired it for me :) . He was very caring and answerded all our questions. i would definitly recommend him to anyone looking this prosedure. my belly button is by far the nicest thing. i am so happy with my results. leaving in 2 weeks for cuba. just purchased my first bikini in 30+ yrs can't wait to show off my new body :)

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

After losing 100 lbs naturally, and having it off for 4+ years, I was left with loose skin that was not going anywhere, despite trying everything. Believe me, I tried. I had full abdominoplasty (no lipo) in August of 2012. Honestly, this was one of the very best things I could have done for myself. Dr. Adams is polite, kind, and honest. His Office Assistant, Paulette, is simply wonderful. When the bandages were first removed, 3 days after surgery, I turned to my Mom with tears in my eyes because I couldn't believe how beautiful my stomach looked. My scar is now a thin line white line, and my belly button looks completely natural. Beyond thrilled with the results.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

I had breast augmentation done a couple years ago, Dr. Adams did a FANTASTIC job! I have a lot more confidence now wearing dresses and bikinis, I was very insecure about my chest always having to wear padded bras and now this doesn't exist. I went from an A cup to 425cc high profile because I have small frame, no one has ever asked me if I had implants as he placed them to look very natural, I am very happy about them. I'm very content, when I call or came in for my appointment, I am always welcomed with positive and caring assistant he has. Paulette is great! Thank you for everything!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

If you are looking for a surgeon who is going to bsby you, than mybe Dr. Adams is not for you, but if you want a surgeon who is honest, kind, supportive and does a great job than this is your man. I had a bilateral breast reduction and could not be happpier. Years of debilitating back and neck pain are gone and I have perky, small, even breats with minimal scarring. The surgical staff were very caring and put me at ease and the after care I received was top notch. I like the no nosense approach that Dr. Adams has and would 100% recommend him to anyone looking for a brast reduction.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012