Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jodie A. Armstrong

Felt very comfortable and relaxed with Dr. Armstrong.

Submitted December 2, 2018

Dr. Armstrong is both professional and courteous, but she also is very interested in the overall health of her patients. She is also very encouraging and positive in all her comments. Even though I am on "maintenance" following my cataract surgeries, she keeps an eye on my eye health and sends a report to my family doctor. She makes me feel comfortable about my annual appointments and me as a valued patient. That's innate in Dr. Armstrong; you can't teach that!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2018

Dr. Jodie A. Armstrong's response
We’re so glad to hear about your positive experience with Dr. Armstrong. Our goal is to provide the very best patient care available, so it’s always encouraging to hear about positive experiences.

Submitted November 14, 2018

Dr. Armstrong was very professional and courteous. She provided information related to my new patient exam, including helpful treatments that other ophthalmologists have not suggested, as well as took the time to answer my questions related to my eye conditions. I am very grateful to be her patient, particularly since she was recommended by my former ophthalmologist at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami, where I had to go to get a diagnosis after being failed by three local ophthalmologists. No more trips to Miami!! Thank you, Dr. Armstrong!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2018

Dr. Jodie A. Armstrong's response
We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with Dr. Armstrong at your recent visit. Hope all is well and thank you for sharing!

Submitted November 1, 2018

Being a patient of Dr. Armstrong for many years and very satisfied with her knowledge and professionalism. Only minor complaint is they seem to schedule appointments too close as they are habitually late.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2018

Everyone was very professional and courteous , great staff

flag | Submitted October 21, 2018

Dr. Jodie A. Armstrong's response
Thank you for sharing! We’re glad to hear your appointment went well.

Submitted October 22, 2018

I am very comfortable and confident with Dr. Armstrong. She is extremely knowledgeable and her manner is very relaxing. I find she is very concerned and explains everything she may have a concern about. I am very lucky to have found her.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2018

Dr. Jodie A. Armstrong's response
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re thrilled to hear about the success of your visit with Dr. Armstrong!

Submitted October 19, 2018

I was very impressed with Dr. Armstrong. She explained things clearly and in a professional manner. She gave me insight into a problem I was unaware of having!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2018

Dr. Jodie A. Armstrong's response
Thank you for sharing! We’re glad to hear your appointment went well.

Submitted October 19, 2018

As a practicing family physician for over fifty years I have had a long experience with lots of doctors. Since being in the Villages I have had several contacts with doctors in at least four specialties . I would never go back to at least four of those doctors. Dr. Armstrong's visit was a most pleasant experience. The staff was helpful and on time. Dr. Armstrong was very pleasant, knowledgeable, and took a lot of time and was very thorough. The best doctors visit I have ever had. Ted Hatfield, MD

flag | Submitted October 8, 2018

Dr. Jodie A. Armstrong's response
We're so grateful for the positive feedback! We’ll share your kind words with the team to let them know their work is appreciated. Thank you again for sharing.

Submitted October 19, 2018

I had an early appointment and was taken in to start ahead of my appointment time. Dr Armstrong took the time to explain several things to me and made me feel comfortable about my results.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

Submitted September 21, 2018

Always cordial, helpful in anticipating patient questions & concerns, very professional & extremely competent.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2018

Dr. Jodie A. Armstrong's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Jodie A. Armstrong, M.D. is no stranger to the Heart of Florida area; after all she was born and raised in Ocala. Beginning with her college education, Dr. Armstrong has traveled throughout the country diligently completing her medical training and establishing her medical career. She joined the accomplished medical staff of Ocala Eye in August 2006. Dr. Armstrong is an accomplished cataract surgeon utilizing no-shot, no-stitch techniques with the latest methods of astigmatism reduction. Moreover, her experience includes the instruction of ophthalmology residents at the prestigious Bascom Palmer Eye Institute on how to achieve the best visual outcomes. Her interests also include general ophthalmology and preventative eye exams. Dr. Armstrong's path to ophthalmology lead through both Florida State University and the University of Miami, where she began her medical school training in 1996. Her medical studies continued in Washington, D.C. where she earned her M.D. in 2000 at Georgetown University. Following her Georgetown Transitional Internship at Inova Fairfax Hospital, Dr. Armstrong began her residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio. Upon completion of her residency, she relocated to Miami and obtained medical staff positions at Bascom Palmer and the Veterans Affairs Hospital. While serving concurrently as an Assistant Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology at Bascom Palmer and the active Chief of Ophthalmology for the VA Hospital, she contemplated a move back to her home town. Dr. Armstrong decided that Ocala was where she wanted to settle her family and establish a permanent home for her ophthalmology practice. Dr. Armstrong is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. She holds memberships with leading medical societies including the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons, American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Medical Association, and Florida Medical Association.

• English

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 2000)

UnitedHealthcare