Ratings for Dr. Hugo M. Ferrara

Honestly this was my first time seeing this doctor and as per my wife she insisted this was a good doctor. Upon arriving to our appointment 15 early. We were waiting for over 45 minutes before we even got through the doors to wait in a room for a nurse. The nurse was nice but was moving very fast and had asked my wife to pee in a cup. The cup she provided did not have a lid and it seemed a little off and a little ratchet in my book but whatever. She peed in the cup and brought it back. I was waiting in the patient room where they will be performing the ultrasound on her. When she came back the lady tested her pee right there on the counter by putting some stick in the cup..... whatever.. She told my wife to take off her pants and underwears and wait for the doctor by laying on the bed/chair.... I was looking around the patient room when i noticed how the inside of the room didnt look as nice as it did on the outside of the office.... It looked messy and although it wasn't outdated furniture, it looked dirty as if there was dust on everything. It did not look like a tight ship being ran... It looks lazy and messy in there..... Anyways, we waited and waited and waited and the doctor still hadn't come in yet to do the ultra sound.... She would be naked waiting for atleast an hour before the doctor came in... When the doctor came in he came with another doctor (wearing a white coat) i asked them if there were a lot of patients today... And he chuckled and said yes we have a lot of patients.... I was already annoyed because he obviously knows i was asking because of the amount of time they had us there waiting..... Whatever, my wife wanted me no to get upset but i just couldn't help it. What the F**** goes through these doctors minds when they set an appointment at 8:30 yet dont see the patient till 10:30 it makes no damn sense to me... Unless they just trying to make that money (which most likel it is what it is). I saw this probing stick that they use to do the ultrasound with and there was a glove hanging on it as though they were using the medical glove to be a condom of some sort on the probe.... F***ing retarted and it just didnt even look right..... I didnt even see the lady replace it with a new glove i got in that room and it was already there..... When the doctor was about to use that on my wife i made the comment of "Is that a glove on there"? and he laughed and said yes but its a new one they already switched it out...... OK i understand when you gotta use whatever to get the job done... However you charge the patient the same no matter what...So i can almost assure you that those probe stick have a something they are suppose to use instead of a glove...... I dont know why this even comes off as being good enough when it clearly is not good enough and incorrect. If your going to give a boot leg expereience might aswell be straight up front with it and not bull shit the patient. Long story short, the doctor was rushing through his questions and seemed to be in a hurry to get out of the room. I can tell you that i will not recommend this doctor to anyone regardless if he's the only doctor in town. I rather do the job myself and buy the equipment myself cause this was straight up bull shit. The doctors need to take accountability for their actions and need to realize the patient service is almost, if not more important than customer service is to business. After today i went online and found this website called ezdoctor.com that gives a full background of the doctors qualifications and patient expereience and bed side manner. It's very convenient and i would recommend getting one before you see a doc. Hialeah is infamous for these types of doctors and I'm sorry but it's not worth my life, time, or effort seeing a shi*y doctor. Good luck to all of you! avoid this guy

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

He showed up so late and when he finally arrived said that my wife had only 5cm dilated... The truth was 8 cm , the assistant new better finally he left and my wife had the baby by her self ...don't use this doctor .....

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

HE IS A GOOD DOCTOR, BUT DOES NOT EXPLAIN WELL, ALSO DOES NOT GIVE MUCH TIME, HE SEEMS TO BE ALWAYS INA HURRY

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

I admire Dr Ferrara professionalism and dedication. I would not had had my son without his help.He helped me to prepare my body for a good pregnancy and I had a health baby .I hope I have my second one under his care.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

I chose this Doctor based on the reviews and none the less was left completely disappointed. The office is extremely small and was overly crowded. I got there at 9am and left at 12pm, this was without even being SEEN by a doctor. The staff is completely disorganized and the excuse is that they switch offices and have to take their stuff along with them, so it was a hassle for them to find anything and all of the doctors had luggage bags with things in them. If youre pregnant, do not expect to have many ultrasounds with this doctor. They do not like doing them. This office has a strict policy and the staff was rude, and unfocused due to the havoc that was taking place in the office and according to the patients I waited with, this was usual and to be expected. Do not waste your time with this office and find a maternity clinic in Miramar if anything, or go somewhere else. The waiting room was muggy, hot, and extremely small as well as old looking and outdated. Simply avoid this doctor!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

Dr. Ferrara is one of the best doctor's I have ever visited. His staff is amazing and always made me feel welcomed. My doctor was actually Alexa but he had to do the C-section's for my son and twins and if I have another baby, I will definitely go back to them! Their new phone number is (305) 512-4858 if anyone is interested :)

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

Dr Ferrara is avery Respectful, Proffesional nice and sweet dr he always takes time to listen and he cares about others needs

flag | Submitted August 7, 2010

I really love this doctor, he is friendly and he makes me feel super safe and has a great sense of humor. I felt he was very concerned about my well being even with a lobby filled with tons of pregnant women i felt he took his time. never felt uncomfortable always a good visit. When he delivered my first baby it was the best experience ever, i wouldnt want any other doctor other than Ferrara

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

Fem Care is the best. Dr. Ferrara, Dr. Martinez and Dr. Ramirez are all five star rated every where. They are down to earth and respect your wishes

flag | Submitted June 3, 2009

Dr. Hugo M. Ferrara's Credentials

• Univ Central Del Este (Uce), Esc De Med, San Pedro De MacOris (Grad. 1982)