Ratings for Dr. Nadim Zamar

great knowledges, a true proffessional. So you wait a while in the waiting room - its Canada people, phisycians are overworked. Read a book. Dr. Zamar helps people and is commited, he works at the hospital for older pations and then has his practice.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2010

Dr. Zamar is extremely polite, consistent in his attitude, listens very carefully, and advises with great wisdam. I would recommend him to anyone who needs psychiatric assistance. I have been seeing him for 5 years, during the most traumatic and difficult years of my life, and he has never let me down.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2010

Began 2003 for anxiety issues.After exhausting a search Dr.Zamar was taking patients.All psychiatrists,all doctors, are busy people.Hence there are shortages. They are not paid like American's so although they do well, what has that to do with health? Money and Health are not related in my mind. I make more money than he does and suffer issues because of my work and genetics. I would happily pay any amount to see a quality doctor like him. He has spent a great deal of time studying as is obvious in his office and he has worked around the world. If you don't like him, then don't see him. That gives me less time to wait. I however will wait,as any patient should to see any doctor. I would also happily pay to see him if I needed to.Dealing with a variety of illnesses means some people require less time and others need more. He has helped me manage well and my life is better. There are always other options.Unhappy? Get out of the my way so I can be with a MY Doctor.Get Another!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2010

I think Dr Zamar is GREAT! My Mom has some serious mental health issues and has talked her way around 8 psychiatrists to date, while in hospital for 8 different suicide attempts...hello? Obviously something very wrong. Dr Zamar has beent he first one in nearly 40 years that my Dad and I have dealt with this that actually see's right through her act! He is so very perceptive and I firmly beleive he has quite literally saved my Mom's life! She's 5'7" and her pill addiction had her down to 67lbs! He is our families angel. An absolutely brilliant man! Therein lies the reason he is so hard to get in to see sometimes...he is in demand in an area that is severly lacking enough psychiatrists. He cant fix the world, but he sure puts in the hours to try it! He's seen through the act that more than 8 psychiatrists got fooled by! Well worth the wait for the appt. Just my two cents.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

I am really shocked at how rude people are on here!! If you have a problem with Dr Zamar or Linda than why don't you get another Doc? I know this Doc is one who has helped me over the years and I depend on him and feel safe with him on my side. There is a wait to see him but when is there not a wait anywhere!?! He is in high demand for a reason...shesh always someone who will complain...I like Dr Zamar and I respect his opinions and direction, if you want a good psychiatrist than make an appointment but don't assume you are the only one in his appointment book!! The world dose not revolve around a single person even when the Doc is a psychiatrist !!! Thank-You to Dr Zamar and Linda for doing the jobs they do...Tammy-Lynn

flag | Submitted March 25, 2010

Doc makes promises he doesn't keep, office disorganized, absolutely no follow-through. Can only get work done DURING appointment, which can only get once a month. If you need help between, you're SOL

flag | Submitted June 11, 2009

he was dozing!!!!!!! he was falling asleep while i was in his office with him. his secretary seems frazzled. i have been going to him for a long time since april 2004 and initialy when the practice was first opened the receptionist was a different girl. she had the place in good working order. now that she left to take care of her baby i feel i am always waiting to see the doctor and rarely able to get an appointment. reception seems very overwhelmed. this office needs an overhall and the doctor needs a nap!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2008

I've been seeing Dr Zamar for a few years. He dispenses drugs. He is compasionate but I feel rushed a lot of the time. He is always late or cancelling. He has cancelled more than 1/2 of my appointments, some with notice but other times its after I've been sitting in the waiting room for an hour. It can be quite annoying as generally my appointments are every 3 months but if he cancels an appointment they usually can't fit me in for 4-6 weeks and even then there is no guarantee I'll be seeing him. It has been 6 months since I last saw him because of his rescheduling. But, I understand the lack of pdocs so I am very happy to have him. And he HAS helped me very much and I am thankful for that. He is a good doctor but he's too busy. However, that's not his fault. And I love his secretary - I think she's a very sweet lady who has to have a lot of patience to deal with Dr. Zamar's schedule and patients. And she knows you by name.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2008

Unfortunately a total disregard for timeliness. I have seen him a total of 4 or so times in 6 months although he said it was best to see him every three weeks or so. Unorganized secretary who calls at the last minute to cancel your appointment and then can't re-schedule for more than a month out. She keeps canceling on me but I really have no option as there is at least 6 month plus waiting list. Conversation is limited , just dispenses RX.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2008

I have been seeing Dr. Zamar for quite some time now and the issue of tardiness comes up time and time again. I don't like it, however, Oakville is short psychiatrists and he has been pulling triple duty at the hospital and elsewhere leading to canceled appointments, long waits, or canceled appointments after long waits. This is clearly not his fault but is distressing for the average patient who needs not be distressed. Normally my sessions with him are sound and straight forward and he doesn't like to over-medicate - which is a good thing and I feel I have benefited overall from his care. I'm starting to trust him - it takes a long time and have been generally pleased with the exception of one time when I was in crisis. It took some convincing him because I appeared calm. So, I'd recommend Dr. Zamar, just calm yourself and get a good book 'cause it could be a wait, then again, you could be ushered right in. He is at the whim of the medical system ;)

flag | Submitted May 26, 2008