Ratings for Dr. Paul M. Norris

This doctor deserves to lose his medical license. My parents are doctors and I practically grew up in a hospital, so I realize doctors are just people like me trying to do their job. Not this guy. He was awful and the least helpful doctor I've ever been to. I'm 98% sure this guy was ****ed up on pills during my appointment. I've seen heroin addicts more functional than this man. He never answered my questions, gave me very unclear answers, brushed off my past records, was extremely rude, AND I caught him staring at my ass as I left. To top it off, he sent my prescription to a pharmacy in NEW JERSEY?!?! This is the guy people talk about when they claim doctor's screw around on the job. Couldn't complain either because he followed me to the lobby to flirt with the nurses! Biggest waste of time, money and energy ever spent on healthcare. DO NOT GO TO THIS MAN. He has a House situation going on, but with the brilliance replaced by utter mediocrity.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012

Regardless of having private insurance, I chose to deliver at jmh, just so that Dr. Norris would deliver my baby. He was phenomenal during the 9 months and phenomenal during delivery, which was a successful c-section (due to breech). Also, keep in mind that UM doctors now use the UM Hospital, not Jackson anymore. Also, academic doctors have the advantage that they are VERY up to date. I love Dr. Norris -- he continues to be my doctor even though I moved and now have to drive an hour to go see him.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

Paul Norris never showed up for my delivery after promising for 9 months he will be there as long as he is in town. I have insurance and had many options for care. I trusted Norris to keep his promise and attend my delivery. He only delivers at Jackson Memorial. When I arrived, he did not answer any pages,emails,texts,phone calls and I was attended to by JMH residents and an on call OB. It was a terrible experience. Next day Norris called me and said he did not hear the beeper! He never saw me to follow up, citing he was on an academic day and will not be on campus. This hospital and his practice is geared for homeless people. He made such a big deal that I am his private patient and then I was treated like a homeless person. Delivering at JMH was how I imagine care in a third world country but in those places people are effective in chaos. Had anything gone wrong these people would have just blundered on. Norris was not there to take charge we were at the mercy of JMH. Unforgivable!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2010

Dr. Paul M. Norris's Credentials

• Medical College Of Ohio (Grad. 1987)