Ratings for Dr. Isabelle Delisle

I have enjoyed all my visits with DR. Delisle. She is helpful and listens then moves on. I went in for 1 problem and thought I was going to have to live with things the way they were and she talked about my options and let me decide. She provided a service that I didn't have insurance for and I am very appreciative for her support. Her appointments run on time so when I leave work I know I am getting back to work when I say I will be back. I don't know any doctors who care about other people's schedules.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

Dr Delisle was concerned about my BP. I told her I was nervous having it taken so my family Dr does a few readings to make sure it's actually up. Never did they do this even though I explained this to the nurse(s) every appt. I understand they were in a rush but still. I ended up at IWK several times to potentially be induced, they always sent me home bc my BP levelled off they even told me to stop worrying that I did not have PIH or Pre Eclampsia. At the end I ended up being induced, luckily I was at term and baby is healthy but I can't help but wonder if I was at a less busy clinic and they listened would I have had the chance to have a natural delivery. Felt rushed and not heard. Dr Delisle hersel is pleasant but the clinic visits were very quick and stressful and resulted in many IWK visits. Not the best experience for me.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Very kind and knowledgable. She me at ease immediately. She was able to answer my questions but also worked quickly.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Very rushed out of every appointment. I feel like she wouldn't even listen to a v bac and wanted to do a section. Went to see her one week post op and she didn't even help me off the stretcher just left the room I layed their crying because I couldn't get myself up. When I brought my 2 year old with me to appointments she wasn't very friendly to her. I would NEVER refer someone to her. VERY VERY rough in the operating room also. It was not a good experience at all and I regret not changing drs when my gut told me to. My baby was healthy which I am very happy about but I wish I would have been able to deliver naturally and not persuaded to do another c section from her. Also my incision opened and another dr had to come close me again the next day! Awful

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

I was unsure about another new dr. And read a couple of reviews on her that didnt sound great. Also being 10+months preg i have no patience for anyone lol i admit ive been quite cranky and hateful lately. This Dr was amazing! I dont know who the ppl were that wrote anything bad about her but biy did i have a different experience. She was very friendly, informative and helpful. I had my 7 yr old daughter with me and Dr Delisle let her help check babys heartbeat and everything. Koodos to this Dr. , She is Great! 😊👊

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

She dismissed all of my concerns and didn't question or have any answers for me. She couldn't wait long enough to get me on my way. She has lost her passion for her career if she had any to begin with.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I have to say she is AMAZING and puts you at ease right away... I read this site before seeing her and was scared by the negative things being said about her... But must say she was fabulous at making you feel at ease and also asked that I had my ultra sound results sent to her as well... I received a call from her office 3 days later to let me know my biopsy and ultrasound came back fine... I really liked her and her staff, myself...

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I came in and she didn't listen to anything I had to say. I went through my problems' history and the treatments I've had before but she wouldn't listen and rushed me out. She left and had the nurse show me the prescriptions she wanted me to take (even though I had told her I used it before and it doesn't work). I then called to try and get in again when my problem persisted and she refused to see me. I went to a different doctor and am incredibly happy I did because now my problem is actually getting taken care of. If you don't have a problem that is an "easy fix" for her, see someone else.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

I've only had one appointment with her (referred to the Gyne-Derm clinic due to strange cells and a biopsy was needed) so far but it went pretty well. She was no-nonsense and I saw her for less than 5 minutes total, however she'd just received word that a pregnant patient was being moved to OR for a C-section so she was doing her best to fit me in before she had to leave. I really appreciated that she did her best despite the obvious time crunch! Registration was quick and the staff were friendly. My appointment was in the early morning - both registration and my appointment were timely and my waiting was brief. The nurse that assisted Dr. Delisle was sweet, kind, caring, and very understanding. I had a bit of a "spell" after hearing what the cells could represent and having been biopsied in a delicate area, but the nurse was right there with cold cloths, juice, cookies, and a helping of concern for me. I felt very cared for while in the Gyne-Derm office.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Not sure how I feel about her...I always feel rushed or left with unanswered questions. In over 10 years, an appointment never lasted for more than 5 minutes and I am generous... You are lucky if they don't lose or misplace your file which happened a few too many times. Her staff is ever changing and it seems like you never speak to the same person twice. The office is old, cold and dirty, especially the chairs in the waiting room. I think she is good if you are young, without issues and like to be in and out within minutes but since I have some problems, I don't feel like I am being listened to nor that I matter aside from another number in her busy agenda. I am now seeing another gynecologist who is so much more competent and thorough. Knowing what it is to have a good doctor, I would NEVER recommend her to anyone. I just feel bad that I waited that long. For the records, she was not recommended by my GP who had suggested someone else at the time but her office was near where I worked and I wanted to have a female gynecologist. He was extremely reluctant to send the request. I should have listened!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017