Ratings for Dr. Isabelle Delisle

This physician seems great for women’s health issues and not-so-great for OB issues (as I have had her for both). I found her clinic busy and rushed and initially found the receptionist terse as she ordered me into ‘the protocol’ (which was very callous and militaristic especially for new mothers). I eventually ‘got’ the routine and that was that. I never received any pelvic exam despite being ‘high risk’ due primarily to age. Late in my third trimester the fetal heart rate sounded faster than what it had been all the way through (more so than baseline). I brought this up and was not only immediately dismissed but blamed —it was me that was working too hard etc—after insisting that the fetal heart rate sounded high several times nothing was done. I went into labour on my due date and the fetal heart rate was 217 when I was admitted for an emergency section. The baby was quite large and had cord compression x 3 and was in fetal distress. About 20 hrs post-party, my child exhibited lethargy, and as a former health professional in Cardiology, I asked for an ECG to be done. It was and baby was in a tachycardic arrhythmia and immediately whisked to NICU for a week and later sent home on medications after being cardioverted several times. We were fortunate enough to have him convert into a normal sinus rhythm. Now as an active toddler, he is receiving support for his recent diagnosis for ASD. As a parent I will always wonder if the outcome would have been different had this doctor actually listened to what I was saying as at least validated it via clinical exploration . I am not indicating that these things were direct results of substandard care but it costs nothing to listen to a patient especially when the potential costs of doing so last somebody else’s entire lifetime. My experience at this clinic and not being listened to by this physician is one of many reasons why I have chosen not to have any other children. This is especially true after having had a great experience with her for a strictly women’s health issue. My advice would be to choose another OB.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2018

Great Doctor. Professional, Personable, Caring and Efficient.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2018

I asked this OBG if hormone issues could cause leg edema that worsened through the day and also with exercise and she laughed and said that it wasn't her area. My GP kept saying the OBG was the female endocrinologist and was the expert in female hormones so that's why I was asking her. Come to find out I had a large Atrial Septal Defect and had to get open heart surgery but my questions about hormones were still important. The OBG wrote in my file that I just got it while sitting in a car for long distances when that's not what I'd said at all. When I transferred to a new doctor abroad I got the file and was surprised to read it so I called I her office to ask why and they told me she doesn't dictate her notes until days after and likely just remembered it incorrectly. These notes had also gone to my GP in Halifax and likely my internist…perhaps that was part of the problem why I was not diagnosed. I also made a chart of my blood tests to show my doctors and she and her front desk staff basically said I was a hypochondriac. My GP and the internet had nothing to contribute and I was just desperately looking for opinions. I'm not sure why she felt the need to laugh or to insinuate that I should be asking some other kind of doctor unless she had an idea it might be something else and didn't mention that to me. If she had suspected heart problems she could have saved me a lot of trouble trying to find out what it was. I know it looks a little like a hypochondriac when someone ties to chart their blood tests over time but there may be a good reason they feel the need to do that. I just feel offended when I think of interacting with her. :(

flag | Submitted September 24, 2018

I find a visit with Dr Delisle to be very rushed. She dismissed some of my questions with the answer “we don’t deal with that here”. 😞. She is friendly enough but seems to want to quickly dismiss you out the door after a few questions. I would like a bit more attention from this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2018

Dismissed my wife's pain issue and would not give her the treatment she asked for. Told her she didn't have cancer so there was no issue . My wife is constantly in pain and cannot go anywhere or do anything with out doubling over. She was not helpful in any way and wasted our time.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2018

I found it her to be way too rushed. She never bothered to look at my file prior to me going in so asked the same questions over again each visit (Are you married? Are you trying to get pregnant?) I was seeing her because of infertility due to PCOS. She seemed impatient if I asked questions and did not want hear about my cycles or review any symptoms, she just gave me a prescription and sent me on my way. I felt like a number here so went elsewhere.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

I love Dr. Delisle she very friendly compassionate and funny the staff friendly and helpful as well.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2018

Great doctor,forward,efficient,fast,forwarded me to other specialists,great professional

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

I’ve had to see Dr. Delisle on a couple of occasions now and I’m always struck by how warm and welcoming she is. I feel well cared for by her office...she is positive and non-judgemental. An excellent doctor, in my opinion.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2018

Dr. Delisle is beyond excellent!! I have never felt rushed during an appointment. She is so knowledgeable, efficient and kind. She has an amazing manner - she is very easy to talk to. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018